-𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚 : 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"You're so beautiful," he mumbled against my ear. Our bare skin caressed against each other's as he took a moment to appreciate my upper body. I shifted, letting out a soft breathy chuckle when the tip of his fingers danced along just below my belly button.

I turned, positioning myself in a cradle position against his chest, "that tickles baby." I sighed, leaning my body to rest on his.

The orange tint in the light casted from my window faded away over the hours we were there. This moment reminded me of one of our fondest memories. We had to be about fifteen at the time.

"Baby, I CAN BREAK YOU DOWNNNN, THERE'S SO MANY WAYS TO LOVE YA! GOT ME LIKE, OH MY GOD I'M SO-"

Brianna rolled her eyes turning her volume down, "Kemar shut up," she whined. The attitude laced in her voice, "Like I told you I broke my headphones, and you just keep yelling."

She tied the bread back up and put the mayonnaise back in the fridge. "You always gotta have a problem." Kemar's voice boomed from her phone.

"Alright see how fast you would've hung up if my dad walked in." She said matter-of-factly.

He chuckled, "and your reaction time would've been right behind mine."

They days we were more fearful out our relationship.

I sighed my eyelids finally became heavier as his fingers ran through my hair. Instinctively, I grabbed his other hand, lacing our hands together. "Go back to sleep. You'll see me later tomorrow." He explained knowing I'd put up a fight. "We'll get food and watch a movie. Anything you want, just get some more rest."

I let my eyes close, taking in his warmth that I knew would be gone when I woke up. "Okay," I mumbled, not being able to fight my sleep for any longer.

 "Okay," I mumbled, not being able to fight my sleep for any longer

I groaned into my pillow, finally sitting up. As expected, Kemar wasn't here anymore. I searched around for my phone before using the bathroom and brushing my teeth.

Either my father or Uncle Mir was downstairs cooking, because all I could hear was pans banging and spatulas falling as I made my way downstairs.

"That's you, Bri?" My uncle called out. "Mhm," I hummed, taking a seat at the table. "You in a good mood?" I eyed him as he nodded to Tupac playing, looking in the zone as he cooked the simplest breakfast he could.

"I'm chillin'. Yo' little ass always in my business tho'." He sucked his teeth. I frowned my face up watching him. "Sir, I asked a simple question." I laughed, placing my hand over my chest, acting hurt. "Well, stop asking questions. That's what get you shot." I rolled my eyes, grabbing a paper plate when he sat the finished food on the table.

"Always wanna sound hard, "tHatS wHat GeT yOu sHoT," head ass." I teased, then ducked a hit that flew my way. My mouth fell open as he ate a piece of bacon. "I'm telling dad you tried to hit on me."

He snorted, "Tell that fuck nigga." I rolled my eyes, plating my food. "Shits gon' get stuck like that keep playing."

"Apparently I've been playing since I was ten because they don't seem to be getting stuck."

He shook his head, "where you going today?"

"Siah was supposed to be taking me to the movies since I've been begging for so long."

"What time?"

I looked up at him, "Do you wanna know what movie we watching too, damn."

He chuckled, "You need ya' ass whooped one good time. Cause if it wasn't for ya' dad, I woulda' been dropped ya' ass."

"Who let this nigga lie like that?" my father's deep voice interrupted my comeback. I laughed when Uncle Mir was the one rolling his eyes.

My father and uncle were a lot alike but different in so many ways. They're both the same age, they've got the same dark complexion, the same muscles, but obviously different facial features that made people think they weren't twins.

Growing up, Uncle Mir always felt more like a brother than an uncle because of his goofy personality. The same was for Josiah, who's my cousin, Uncle Amir's son, who also felt like a brother even now.

"You do need ya ass whooped though, blasting music at three in the morning." He mugged me. I only smiled back at my father, not trying to carry on that conversation. "And was."

Siah pulled up near a gas station to run in and get us snacks since the nearest movie theater was an hour away

Siah pulled up near a gas station to run in and get us snacks since the nearest movie theater was an hour away. Josiah had been in the store for a while as a black car pulled up a distance from the car I was leaning up against.

I kept a side glance at it while waiting. It wasn't until the doors on each side opened that I was on alert. I was shocked to see Kemar, and I could tell he wasn't expecting to see me either.

The other boy along side him glanced at me, then back at Kemar. "Isn't that one of the Langstons?" Kemar immediately said, "Keep walking," dismissing him. Kemar's eyes found mine again and gave me a small smile. "I love you," he mouthed.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I couldn't fight the urge to not smile back. But as they say, all good things come to an end. I heard the ring of the store door opening. Josiah and Kemar stood face to face. Siah didn't wait a second to cup his waistband.

Kemar's friend was also on high alert in case anything happened. I sat up a little scared for both Josiah and Kemar, two people I loved and didn't want to get hurt.

Kemar put his hand out to stop his friend. "We not tryna start nothin' we stopped for a lighter nothing else."

Josiah stared him down, not letting the glare off his face. "Yeah ight," he mumbled, walking past them without letting his hard guard down. "Get in the car," he said once he got to me. "But-" I went to say. "Now Bri!" he shouted lowly.

I hoped in the car for his sake, even though I knew there was no real danger. "I hate running into those pussy ass nigga's," he slammed his door shut handing me the plastic bag. "They didn't even do anything." I found myself getting defensive.

He laughed dryly, staring at me, "One day you'll see." He said it like he always did, even when we were younger.