- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Tate 𝙥𝙤𝙫 : 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Wait, wait, wait," Brianna shut her eyes, "say that again. I rolled my eyes, getting what she meant. "You heard me right that's exactly what he said. She sighed, her face coming back into the view of the phone. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, I know it must have been hard."

"Yeah, it was." I could feel my anger and frustration rising again "and he's the reason I'm in this mess in the first place. I loved him, but he changed. It wasn't always like this. I begged him to love me back. I'm not sure what I did or-"

"Hell no," she said, frowning. "We're not going to do that. "I'm not sure what I did,"- she stopped me. "Unt uh. Tate, that man is sick and lost," she said. "You didn't do anything to cause that grown man to act like that.

He made his decision. He chose to be a jackass, he chose to lose the best person who walked into his world, and he chose not to be the father to a child who could've loved him more than anything. He did it. Not you."

I had found out my boyfriend of three years was cheating on me, not only that but he got the other girl pregnant. He cut the both of us off and just disappeared. Although I was the "main girl" I still felt guilty for the woman that was carrying his baby.

I wiped away the tears that were falling from my eyes. "I'm going to tell you this right now, and I want you to listen and understand with everything in your body," she sighed, placing her hands on my mine.

I nodded, "You can't force someone to care about you. You can't force someone to be loyal to you. And you definitely can't force someone to be the person you need them to be," she listed, "because sometimes the person you want the most is the person you're best without, and he proved that to you."

She pointed at me, "Some things are meant to come into your life, just not meant to stay. Don't ever lose yourself trying to fix what's meant to stay broken. Because you can't get the healthy relationship you need from somebody who's already shown you that dark side.

You might not understand now, but I promise you, your future will always bring an understanding of why things didn't work. And I'm telling you from experience that with understanding comes knowledge, and with knowledge comes power."

I sniffed at her words lowering my gaze. "You might not be fine now but you will be." I looked down and did my best to keep my tears at bay.

When my body began to rock, I knew it was over. And that was it. I broke down. I released everything. I couldn't find the words to express how I felt, but I cried and cried until I couldn't anymore. And she sat with me on the phone until steady hiccups were all there were.

Brianna pov

Brianna pov

"Who's next in line in your family?" I took a sip of my hot chocolate, damn near burning my tastebuds. She shrugged, "my cousin, Seven. I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to get him on board with this."

I nodded, knowing exactly how she felt. "Pull his heartstrings, talk about the people he loves or wants to keep safe."

She thought twice before speaking up. "He-he has a son. Seven does everything in his power to protect him." She gave a tight lip smile, "Josiah is next in line after your dad right?"

"Yeah but that isn't until years later, so whatever happens is up to my dad and uncle, if they don't listen, then I don't know."

"Hold on," I mumbled, loud enough for her to hear so I could turn to my phone that dinged from a notification. I opened up Instagram. I had a message from a troll account. The typical 0 followers 0 following and 0 posts.

Once I clicked on the video I immediately wish I didn't. I sat my hot cup down before I spilled it. "What happened?" Tate asked snapping me out of my thoughts. My eyes flicker to her for a fraction of a second because gluing my eyes back on my phone.

"K-ke" I muttered, hesitantly. Too shocked and embarrassed to respond. "Brianna?! You okay?"

The silence was thick as I watched the video of Kemar- laying back across a bed- as some girl bounced in his lap. Both completely naked. "Ima have to call you back, Tate," I murmured, giving her no room to reply before hanging up.