- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

Brianna pov : Chapter Twenty-Four

I woke up tangled in white sheets. My hand patted the space next to me, and I felt nothing but the bare bed in return. The room looked so much more spacious now that everything was cleared out. The walls were white and dull with brown carpet, a decent apartment that didn't have much going for it.

Kemar always kept it simple. He was staying with Josiah for a few weeks until we got moved into our new home together. Surprisingly they were actually getting closer and I could see the trust forming.

I was completely naked, tangled in a thin sheet that left my arms and legs exposed. Shit, most of my ass was out. It was still dark out since it was 4:57.

I wasn't complaining though, since that's what we had planned, to start moving the last of the boxes early.

I turned my head when there was a thud in the bathroom. The door slowly pulled open, revealing Kemar peeking at me. He huffed when he saw me staring back at him.

"I was hoping that didn't wake you up," he said, opening the door all the way. My eyes traveled down his body, which was also bare. I was always attracted to a man with tattoos since I have some small ones myself, but he was different.

His skin was smooth and clean. A true man that took care of his body. "Brianna, we just had fucked. Stop looking at me like that. " I didn't say anything, I just reached my arms out and made grabbing hands.

He placed his blunt down on the counter and walked over to me. I expected him to stand between my legs, but he lifted me.

I quickly grabbed onto his shoulder, not expecting it. He chuckled, softly pecking my lips while his hand rubbed up and down my back.

We held eye contact. It started with me noticing how low and red his eyes were from smoking, "You're so pretty." He mumbled. "Let's go so we can get ready." He pulled the sheet off of me and walked us back to the bathroom.

As soon as the door closed, we hopped into the shower together.

"Yup this the one," I spoke in awe looking around

"Yup this the one," I spoke in awe looking around. Both the lady giving us the tour and Kemar laughed. "Baby we didn't even see the rest of the house yet-I don't care there's the one I can feel it." I cut Kemar off.

"See they feel it too." I placed my hand on my baby bump. He turned to Alice, "you can show me the reason but we're probably gonna be set on this one."

"We will," I corrected. She smiled, "by the way things are looking I'm placing my bet on you will be.

An hour later we were done back in the car. "Y'all discussed a move-in date?"

I nodded taking a bite outta my burger, "yeah, in about a month. At that point itll be two months before my due date which would give us time to settle in." I covered my mouth as I talked.

Kemar picked up my phone, "wassup, Alexus," he spoke into the side like he was holding a walkie-talkie or something. "Oh hey Ke- Bye Alexus." He hung up making my jaw drop.

I slapped his shoulder as he laughed. "Why would you do that." I snatched my phone back. "Cause y'all been on the phone for mad long, youn love me no more?"

I rolled my eyes, glimpsing at him in the driver's seat. "If the shoes fits- stop playing with me." He cut me off. "You was bout to cry," I teased him and smiled when he mugged me.

"Ya momma punk ass nig-" his hands immediately cupped his mouth. My eyes widened, but I want offended, I damn sure was shocked though. He sat up sitting his hand on my thigh, "my bad. I forgot abou- It's fine." I shook my head.

"I say it to you all the time," I shrugged. "When does this start," I mumbled, leaning my chair back. "Around 9:45," he answered speaking on the firework show. It was the Fourth of July and we didn't really have anything extravagant planned.

"So we got like five minutes."

"You still think about her. Well, I mean like a lot?" He asked out of the blue. I looked off to the side, "yeah, all the time. But it's not always sad memories like it was before."

"What was she like?"

I tilted my head thinking, "funny, smart, and so, so, beautiful." I trailed off until I smiled softly. "She use ta'- she would say the poem to me every night and I would beg and beg until she did and I never understood it but I just loved how passionate she looked and how confident she spoke."

"Say it," he murmured. I swallowed glancing at him. His mouth pulled up into a smile, "you scared? Come on I wanna hear it."

I sighed but nodded nonetheless. "Uhm she would say...

She walks alone in the rain
Letting the drops of water run down her face
Mixing with the salty tears she desperately tries
to hold in
But as those tears are joined by the rain
She feels safe to let them out,
This puts her at ease
It's almost as if she isn't alone,
The world is crying with her;
She loves the way the sky looks as it's storming,
So dark, dreary, and dim
Just like her mind
Which has been drowning her for ages
So she continues on,
Letting the world melt around her
Giving her a cold, bitter hug
Reminding her, the world isn't so lonely after all

But when she said it, it sounded all poetic and shit. It just sounds weird coming from me." Before he could speak the first firework went off but out of the corner of my eye I could see him still gazing at me.