Dick seemed like the only thing stopping him from turning around and running out of the cave was Bruce's arm around his shoulder, that and the fact that he hadn't had anything to eat for a while and his stomach longed for the delicious food he guessed Alfred was preparing as a post patrol snack.

"Go get showered," Bruce said to Dick. "You can wear some of Jason's clothes, and we'll have Alfred come check you over."

Dick nodded sheepishly, and headed to where he remembered the showers being.

"Is that really who I think it is," Jason asked in a whisper.

Bruce nodded, his brow furrowed slightly.

"Wait a minute," Tim said. "Could you please catch us up on what exactly is going on here before you two go all secret combinations on Dami and I?"

"That is Dick Grayson, the original Robin," Bruce said, running a hand over his face. "I... I pushed him away a long time ago..." Bruce's voice broke. "It was a mistake I'll never stop regretting."

Heavy silence filled the cave as Bruce wiped away a tear.

Footsteps from the stairs to the manor drew everyone's attention towards Alfred who set down a platter filled with fruits, veggies, and meats, as well as 4 glasses of water.

"Why do we always have to eat healthy?" Jason complained, munching on a carrot.

"Your body needs proper fuel Master Jason," Alfred retorted.

Jason huffed, turning when he heard shuffling footsteps.

Dick only sort of looked like he was drowning in Jason's clothes, and with his mask now off everyone could see the unnatural brightness of his eyes, and by stark contrast, the dark bags underneath.

Alfred nearly fell over when he saw the boy, running over and crushing him in a giant hug.

Dick melted into the hug, closing his eyes and feeling the familiar comfort he always got from his grandfather figure.

"Let's get you checked out," Alfred said, leading Dick over to an examination area. "Take your shirt off," Alfred said.

Dick flushed red when he saw everyone's various looks of pity when they saw how thin he was. He fixed his gaze on the ground as Alfred moved him through a series of checks, not wanting to have to see the look of grief and guilt that was fixed on Bruce's face.

"The last thing I'll need from you is a blood sample," Alfred said, grabbing Dick's arm to lead him to a chair.

"No!" Dick yelped, yanking his arm free and backing up a few paces. "N-no," he mumbled. "I'm fine... can I... can I just have something to eat please?"

"Of course Master Dick," Alfred said, his initial shock disappearing from his face.

"Thanks," Dick whispered, following Alfred upstairs.

Cold sweat covered Dick's body when he shot up in his bed. His nightmares taunted him even as his eyes were open.

Wrapping his arms around himself in a weak attempt to bring some comfort, Dick stared at the windows in his room, knowing there was no possible way he'd be able to fall asleep when anyone could crawl through those windows at any time... nope.

Dick walked slowly down the hall, curling up in the doorway of Bruce's room. At least then if someone tried to grab him he had Batman to help him. Besides, he would wake up before any of the others anyway, so they would never know he was there.

It was a few weeks before the suggestion of going on patrol was brought up at all, which Dick was perfectly fine with. The Robin mantle was taken, so he didn't really even have much of a superhero identity anyway.