Part 2: Chapter 24

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
A bit more than a month later.
Tuesday, February 13.
(A/N: the day is probably wrong but I'm too lazy to look at a calendar)
Since their talks in January about renovating the house, Glitchy and Steven had been working on blueprints in their free time and finished them earlier today.
For the amount of work it would be, it would likely require more than just Gold, Glitchy, Steven, and (Name) working, which is why Glitchy and Steven decided to go to the main mansion to see who they could ask for help.
Once the other creepypastas heard the reason for the renovations was so that (name) had somewhere to live, a few of the ones that met her when she went to get approval from Slenderman decided they'd help with the construction.
Meanwhile, (name) was at school and Gold was at his/Glitchy's/Steven's house. Despite being in different places entirely, both had an epiphany at the same time:
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!
(Name) decided that, because Red had promised to drive her home from school today as Cherry was busy, she would just have Red drop her off by the convenience store on the way home instead.
Gold on the other hand, had no way to get to the convenience store and was stuck with whatever was in the pantry. Luckily for him though, there was milk in the fridge and cocoa powder in one of the cabinets; two of the ingredients for chocolate.
With a little bit more searching, Gold was able to find all the ingredients needed and decided to make chocolates for (name).
Thinking he wouldn't need help from Glitchy or Steven to prevent the house from burning down, Gold got out all the ingredients and began to cook.
First combining two cups of cocoa powder with 3/4 of a cup of softened butter, he then used two pots to make a makeshift double boiler to heat the cocoa and butter mixture. Once the mixture was hot, Gold added in half a cup of sugar and 2/3 of a cup of milk, whisking it in slowly. When everything was combined, Gold poured the melty chocolate into an ice cube tray to make tiny chocolates for (name) for Valentine's Day.
Because Valentine's Day wasn't until tomorrow though, Gold put the chocolates into the freezer to let them set and he planned to take them out (and give them to (name)) tomorrow.
~~~
After school, (name) hopped into Red's car and told him the situation about her needing to go to the convenience store. Instead of just dropping her off and heading home though, Red insisted that (name) go buy what she needed and then he would still drive her home.
Inside the convenience store, (name) bought chocolate and a can of heavy cream. She already had some vanilla extract and sugar at home, so she didn't need to buy those.
Once she made her purchases with the money she stole from her dad, she went back out to Red's car and he drove her the rest of the way home.
"Thanks for driving me... and for making that stop at the convenience store," (name) waved goodbye as she got out the car.
"Don't worry about it," Red gave (name) a smile and then drove off, leaving (name) in front of her house.
(Name) went inside and dropped off the chocolate and heavy cream in her room where her parents wouldn't find it. Then she returned down the stairs and left her house for the woods.
~~~
As (name) arrived in the clearing, she received waves from Steven and Glitchy, as well as a panicked expression from Gold. Instead of seeing the usual pack of cards or board game on the rock, there were a lot of papers with intricate diagrams instead.
"(Name), you s-should run while you can," Gold said as (name) walked over.
"Why?" (Name) was confused.
"We're going over the blueprints for the renovations today," Steven explained.
"Why aren't the papers blue then?"
"..." Steven shrugged. He didn't know why the blueprints weren't blue either. There wasn't really any reasoning behind it. "...anyways, take a seat so we can explain."
"Ok," (name) sat down in front of the rock so she could see the blueprints.
Glitchy and Steven began to explain, pointing things out as they talked about them. Eventually they finished discussing all the confusing nitty gritty details and summed up everything. "... so when we're done with everything, the house will have a total of 3 bedrooms —one of which is new—, 2 bathrooms —one of which is new as well—, and a slight hallway extension."
"That was a lot..." (name) exhaled.
"I-I told you to run while you could," Gold said.
"...how are we going to build all that? Like I know it isn't a lot a lot, but it's still a good bit of construction."
"Glitchy and I went to the main mansion and got some help," Steven said.
"Yeah, they said they could be here on Saturday," Glitchy added. "So instead of games on Saturday..."
"We're starting construction!" Steven finished Glitchy's sentence for him.
—————
840 words