Part 2: Chapter 16

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
"Y-you okay, (name)?" Gold asked, seeing her discomfort at the word marshmallow.
"Y-yeah..." (name) stuttered. She was clearly lying.
"You don't h-have to if you don't w-want to or aren't ready to, but you can a-always open up to me."
"Thanks, Gold. I know we aren't officially dating and all, even though we've gone on a bunch of dates with each other, but you're the best boyfriend ever. Scratch that, you're one of the best friends and best boyfriends ever," (name) took a deep breath and then exhaled in a distressed sigh. "Do you know why I was in the hospital?"
"Y-you jumped off your roof," Gold said with sadness lacing his voice.
"But do you know why?"
Gold shook his head no and apologized.
"A few days before I tried to kill myself, that was my breaking point. I was on my way home from school, and I walked by the gas station at the end of the road, and I... I got grabbed," (name)'s voice began to quiver. "A-and then he took me into the alleyway beside the gas station, and he called me things l-like worthless a-and ugly and a-a bitch. And he c-called me marshmallow over and over. A-and then he—"
Gold hugged (name) tightly as she was overcome by tears.
Choking out a bit more of the story, (name) described the hooded man and the masked man to Gold. She described their appearances, voices, and even their actions and words. The longer (name) spoke however, the more broken up and hard to understand the words were.
Eventually, (name) physically couldn't continue to speak. So she never finished her story.
But from the bits that he got, Gold knew that the cuts and bruises that (name) was covered in were from the people she described. And because of what (name) said, he knew exactly where to find them.
"Hey, it's okay. H-he'll never hurt you again okay? I-It's all going to be okay (name)," Gold rubbed his hand in circles on her back to soothe her.
Despite his calm and gentle demeanor, on the inside Gold found himself boiling with anger. Thinking to himself of what to do, Gold came to some conclusions that would be uncharacteristic of him, had he not been so angry at the people who caused (name) so much pain.
I'll protect you, (name), Gold thought. And as for those guys at the gas station, I'll make sure he NEVER hurts you again...
"Hey Gold?" (Name) said through her tears as her sobs began to lighten and her breathing became more steady.
"Hmm?"
"I still want to make s'mores, but let just avoid that word."
"Ok... want me to r-roast a m— s'more for you?" Gold stopped himself from saying 'marshmallow.'
"Yes please," (name) released Gold from the hug and leaned against him. Meanwhile, Gold put a marshmallow on a stick and began to roast it for (name).
"D-do you want it burnt or g-golden-brown?" Gold asked softly.
"Golden-brown please."
Gold gave a slight nod and put the stick over the fire, spinning it slowly. At the same time, he wrapped his other arm around (name) and held her.
"I love you, Gold," (name) said.
"I love you too."
~~~
After having s'mores and sitting there until the fire was almost out and the sky was dark and starry, Gold and (name) decided it was getting late. Putting out the remaining sparks and flames with some water that was in the picnic basket, Gold and (name) stood up and prepared to leave.
"A-allow me to walk you home," Gold told (name), who was clearly a bit tired.
"..." (name) nodded, not having the energy to form words.
Gold picked up the picnic basket and blanket, and began to walk with (name). The two trekked through the woods and back towards (name)'s house.
The walk was long and exhausting, the trail barely visible in the night. Only the small bits of moonlight that cut through the empty trees were able to illuminate the path.
When they finally made it to (name)'s house, Gold and (name) stopped at the edge of the woods.
"This was really fun, thank you," (name) told Gold. "Not tomorrow, but the day after do you want to meet up at the rock and play games?"
"W-why not tomorrow?" Gold asked.
"Cherry wants to have a girl day."
"Oh... o-okay."
"...Gold?" (Name) said his name, breaking the brief silence.
"Y-yeah?"
"Can we be dating-dating? Like officially? Like you're my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend?"
"Of course! Yeah!... wait, c-can we call each other pet names then?"
"..." (name) thought of what pet name to call Gold. She took the picnic basket from Gold, put in onto the floor, and then hugged Gold. "I love you, Goldilocks."
Gold hugged her back. "I love you more, babe."
"I love you most, babygirl."
"We're g-going to have this type c-conversation again?" Gold asked with a small laugh.
"Probably," (name) smiled.
—————
854 words