Chapter 17

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
"You guys live here? You're pretty much my next door neighbors," (name) laughed as she entered the building. She was in shock at the random cabin in the woods. It even had electricity and running water!
"Here is your costume," Steven handed (name) a pile of clothes. "Bathroom is the first door on the left, put this stuff on on top of what you have on now."
"Ok, thanks," (name) entered the small bathroom locking the door behind her. She then unfolded pile to put on fingerless gloves and a red and white vest. After making sure she was comfortable in the clothes, (name) walked out to meet Gold and Steven back by the front door. "How do I look?"
"Hmm... I think it's missing something." Steven looked at Gold (who was turned away from (name) and looking down) and nodded. "Turn around, (name)."
After (name) rotated, Gold quickly turned towards (name) and placed his hat on her head. While (name) was in the bathroom, Gold had Steven take off his hat and Gold proceeded to hold the brim of the hat with his teeth. "T-there, now it looks complete!"
(Name) turned around and looked at Gold's messy hair. She was not used to seeing any of the boys without their trademark hats on. Hiding a blush, she smiled. "Thank you guys!"
"Oh yeah, and here is your pokéball," Steven handed her a stress ball that was painted to look like a pokéball. "Happy tenth birthday, you're now a Pokémon trainer."
"I'm almost 18!"
"Only ten year olds can be Pokémon trainers, I guess I'll have to take back your pokéball then," Steven laughed.
"That's not how it works, you should know better than anyone else!"
"Let me rephrase then; only ten year olds can get their Pokémon from the lab."
"You're not the professor. You're not named after a tree."
"..." Steven laughed as he realized his mistake. "Glitchy should have the car ready now, let's get ready to go."
~~~
After Gold got in his costume, Steven led him and (name) through the woods to a small dirt road where a vehicle was parked.
The vehicle looked like a golf cart from the outside but the seats and safeties of the vehicle were closer to that found in an off-road car.
"..." (name) didn't know what to call the vehicle.
"Just call it a Golf-Car, prevents too much confusion," Steven walked up to it. "You almost ready to go, Glitchy?"
Glitchy peeked up from behind the hood. "Yep, just give me a second to make sure the engine is running." He then got in the driver seat and fired up the engine which choked a few times before giving off a steady low growl. "Everyone buckle up."
~~~
Entering the first neighborhood of the night, (name) and Gold tumbled out the golf-car with an old pillow case they were planning on using to collect candy.
It was only around 6:00 but the streets were already getting darker and lights were being turned on outside of houses.
Going out this early meant two things. One, people would still have candy to give out. Two, all the little kids would be out still.
Flooding the streets around them were elementary school kids and preschoolers dressed up as fairies, pirates, and different superheroes. Both (name) and Gold felt weird because they towered over the army of six through ten year-olds who filled up the neighborhood.
Despite this, the two went to their first house. The small building had lights on in the front and was not under siege by children.
"You know what to say right?" (Name) nudged Gold.
"W-we have to s-say something?!" Gold half whispered.
"Just say 'trick or treat' when they open the door. You can wait for me to say it and join in as I'm speaking. I'll do the rest of the talking if it makes you feel better."
"That w-would make me feel a bit better, t-thanks, (name)."
(Name) ring the doorbell and waited. Giving Gold a look of assurance as the door opened.
"Trick or treat!" (Name) smiled at the woman who opened the door.
"Here you go," she smiled, putting candy in the bag the Gold and (name) were sharing. "Happy Halloween!"
"You too!" (Name) said back as she and Gold started off to the next house.
~~~
The two went from house to house as Glitchy and Steven, who parked the car at the community pool, silently followed behind Gold and (name) from a safe distance.
As they went along, parents and kids came up to Gold and (name). While most people ignored them, a few people stopped to complement their costumes.
"Wow! She looks like a real Pokémon trainer..." (name) overheard a little girl say to her brother.
Meanwhile, another kid went up to Gold and looked up in awe. "How are you floating? Are you actually a ghost?"
"Um... m-maybe?" Gold didn't know how to respond.
"He just did really good with his costume honey," the child's parents explained to the kid.
~~~
"Our bag is almost half full!" (Name) exclaimed.
"Wow! A-already?"
(Name) smiled back. "Yeah."
"T-this was actually r-really fun, (name). I-I'm glad you went trick or t-treating with me," Gold was glad his costume covered his now-red and flustered face.
"Was? It's not over yet, Gold. Let's go get more candy!"
The two walked up to another house, unaware that Steven and Glitchy were watching behind them.
"I-I'm going to say it this time, w-without your help," Gold promised.
"You got this!" (Name) whisper-cheered as she knocked on the door.
"T-trick or treat...?" Gold half questioned as a middle aged man opened the door.
"Aren't you two a little bit too old to be going out trick or treating?" The man interrogated loudly
"W-well we..." Gold got scared and felt a firm hand grip his shoulder from behind.
Another hand gripped onto (name)'s shoulder and the middle aged man started to pour handfuls of candy into the bag.
"N-never mind, you c-c-can never b-be too old f-for trick or t-t-treating," he croaked.
(Name) and Gold turned around to see the now smiling Glitchy and Steven who had gripped them a few minutes ago.
"Oh h-hi guys! You found us," Gold smiled.
"Yeah, are you two having fun?" Steven asked.
"Mhm!" (Name) grinned.
"You two go ahead to the next house, Steven and I will catch up," Glitchy said as he lightly pushed (name) and Gold towards the next building. After the two left, Steven and Glitchy turned around to the middle aged man and gave him a glare.
"I-I-I'm not afraid of you two. Your c-costumes might be really detailed b-but you can't d-do anything t-t-to me. I-I'll call the police!" The man backed up slightly.
"Am I a joke to you?" Glitchy pushed his hand over the man's mouth and prevented the man from moving as Glitchy's own face started to bug. "You won't remember this if you wake up..."
Steven grabbed the man's throat forcefully and put him to sleep before Glitchy dropped the man on the floor in his own house and shut the door.
——
Quick A/N: don't forget that Gold, Glitchy and Steven (pretty much only the latter two) are the cause for the bones/corpses in the forest mentioned in chapter 1; they may be friends with (name) but creepypastas kill people as a part of their normal lives.
——
~~~
"R, are we sure this is a good idea?" Cherry asked.
"Nope, but if I'm being honest this party was getting a little bit awkward. That's what I get for dressing up as a Pokémon trainer," R sighed.
"What do you mean by that, did someone say something to you?"
"A few people mentioned how I look just like someone else who disappeared a few years back."
"Damn, sorry if that made you uncomfortable."
"You had no way of knowing, it's fine. But going back to the idea, I kind of want to see who (name) is hanging out with."
"But how will you find them?"
"(Name) has her location turned on in PhotoChat. If we call her on there we can see what neighborhood she's in."
"Isn't that stalking?"
"You came up with the idea of following her first."
"True. I'll call her. Let's go... observe (name)'s trick or treating. For safety purposes," Cherry picked up her phone and called (name) on PhotoChat.
~~~
"Hi Cher!"
"Hi (name)! How's trick or treating going?"
"Really fun! How's the party?"
"Getting boring but that's okay. How much candy do you have?"
"I have no clue, but the bag is getting really heavy. I got to go now, we just made it to the final neighborhood, bye Cher!"
"Bye (name), have fun!"
The phone clicked.
"Let's go, R. You too, Ben."
R, Cherry, and Ben got into Cherry's car and drove off to the neighborhood that (name) was in. For safety purposes...
—————
1474 words!
This story now has more views (847 as of publishing) than I have unread emails (841 as of publishing)... I need to clear out my emails.