Chapter 18

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
"There she is!" Cherry whispered loudly to R and Ben. Across the street from Cherry, (name) and Gold were heading up to the next house.
"How can you tell it's her?" Ben asked.
"I just do. It's how best friends work."
Ben nodded, recognizing that if he questioned the girl further the conversation would escalate into an argument that he would lose.
"R, guess you're not the only one dressed as a Pokémon trainer," Cherry smiled. "Were you two plotting this in secret or something?"
"No..." R hushed. "Now be quiet, we can't let her notice us."
"I wonder who's dressed up as the ghost with her..." Ben thought aloud.
"Start walking, pretend we're a bunch of normal trick or treaters," Cherry latched her arm around her boyfriend's and started walking as if they were going to the next house. "(Name) doesn't know what any of our costumes look like, plus she doesn't even know Ben. As long as we don't suspiciously stand and watch she won't notice."
"Well excuse me, princess," Ben joked as he held out the 'U' in excuse for an unnatural length of time.
...
"Hey R, you're dressed up the same as those two over there," Ben joked.
The group watched as Steven and Glitchy joined up with (name) and Gold.
"Huh... I didn't know (name) made one new friend, let alone three." Cherry smiled warmly. "I'm happy for her."
"Yeah, me too. But Cherry, help me out here: three of them are dressed up as Pokémon trainers, why the hell is the other guy dressed as a ghost?" R questioned.
"Let's get closer so we can see their faces," Ben smirked as he dragged Cherry and R.
"W-wait, Ben!" Cherry hesitated.
"Look, if they notice us we can just complement their costumes before they recognize us," Ben reasoned. "Plus you can use this as an excuse to see (name)'s costume up close."
"Fine... but if we get caught you do the speaking. She will recognize my voice."
"Mine too." R added.
The group crossed the road and decided it wouldn't hurt to go to one of the houses and get candy so they looked less suspicious. Ben, who was dressed in a green tunic like the protagonist from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, took off his green hat to use as a bag for the candy. (Cherry was dressed up as the princess from the same game series).
After ringing the doorbell and receiving their candy, the group walked behind (name) from a distance. That was, until (name)'s group stopped going up to houses and got into a strange vehicle (the golf-car) and got ready to drive away.
Without trying to look too suspicious, Cherry, R, and Ben watched the car pass them and tried to make out the faces of the passengers as the vehicle went by.
"Wow, those two had really similar costumes to you, R." Cherry remarked once (name) was out of earshot.
"... yeah." R nodded slowly. "They kind of looked a bit familiar... if only I saw their faces for more than a second."
"..." Ben looked slightly down while silently mouthing a word. Strangled...?
"Did you catch their faces, Ben?" Cherry caught the boy's attention.
"Oh!...um no."
Cherry, Ben, and R walked back to the parking lot where they left Cherry's car almost a hour earlier.
"Hey Ben, can I talk with you for a second... alone." R dragged him to the other side of the parking lot before he could answer. "We'll be back in five, Cherry."
"O-ok." Cherry replied as she got in the car.
"What is it, R? Or should I call you R-."
R slammed his hand over Ben's mouth. "It's R."
"No need to get so defensive." Ben pulled R's hand off his face. "So why did you drag me over?"
"Before you muttered something. Tell me if I heard it correctly, did you say the word 'strangled'?"
Ben didn't respond but that was all the information that R needed to conclude he was right.
"Damn it... I think I know who (name)'s friends are..." R looked frustrated.
"Based on how they were acting, Lost was having fun tonight. They won't kill her, R-."
"It's R."
"Mhm. whatever you say, R." Ben started to walk back to Cherry's car. "You coming?"
"Yeah." R started to move.
~~~
As soon as (name) and Gold got in the golf-car they grew drowsy. They had been out trick or treating for hours and it was almost 10:00 (pm).
"W-we can divvy out t-the candy on Monday,". Gold stifled a yawn.
"Yeah," (name) said as her eyelids grew heavier.
"I-I know I said it before, b-but I had a lot of f-fun."
"Me too, Gold. Me... too-."
(Name) passed out from exhaustion followed soon after by Gold.
"We did the right thing, Glitchy." Steven spoke softly.
"You're right," Glitchy nodded while focusing on the road. "I haven't seen Gold this happy in a while."
"So... does a 10% candy tax sound fair?" Steven smirked.
"We deserve 20%. 10% each."
"Good point."
~~~
Glitchy parked the golf-car in the same spot on the dirt road before turning around to see (name) and Gold asleep and leaning on each other.
"I'll carry Gold back home, you wake up (name) and help her back." Steven whispered.
Glitchy gave Steven a thumbs up while he poked (name) awake.
"Wha.. wh-where am I?" (Name) slowly leaned up in a daze.
"We're back at the forest. You ready to head back home?" Glitchy helped her get out the car.
"Oh... ok." She looked down. "Where's Gold?"
Glitchy pointed at Steven who was now giving Gold a piggyback ride.
"..." (name) held back the first words that entered his mind. He's so cute when he's sleeping.
"Let's go." Glitchy started to lead (name) home.
~~~
"I thought you guys didn't need sleep as long as you recharge," (name) said midway through the walk.
"Normally we don't. Gold must've been really exhausted."
They continued to walk in silence until they were twenty feet away from the back of (name)'s house.
"Bye Glitchy, thanks for walking me home," (name) waved as she glanced at the time on her phone. 11:10.
Glitchy waved back before disappearing into the woods.
Entering her house, (name) quietly went up the stairs and fell asleep without changing out of her costume.
—————
1072 words!