Chapter 35

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Thursday. 7:45 AM.
"Gold, are you sure you're going to visit her again?" Steven asked, concerned for Gold's health.
"Y-yeah, I'm not that tired. I-I'll be fine, I can recharge tomorrow," Gold replied with determination.
"... okay."
~~~
Getting into his disguise again, Gold got into R's/Red's car.
Like every other day this week, the car ride was long and quiet; the 30 minute drive feeling like hours. At least R's/Red's car had music, something the Golf-Car was incapable of.
Finally pulling into the hospital parking lot, R/Red parked the car and took out the wheelchair for Gold. The two boys then headed into the hospital and straight to the receptionist desk to check in.
"Here to see (name) again?" The receptionist asked, recognizing Gold (since he had visited the hospital every day this week).
"Y-yeah, is her room open t-to visit?" Gold questioned.
"Yes it is, do you need the number again?"
"It's fine I-I know the room number by now, b-but thanks."
R/Red grabbed the handles to the wheelchair and rolled Gold over to the elevator. Stepping on, they pressed the button to head to the next floor and waited for the doors to open again.
When the boys were finally on the second flight of the hospital, they headed straight to (name)'s room only to be met with the same sight as many days prior: (name) asleep and connected to an IV.
Gold's wheelchair was parked next to the bed and R/Red sat in a chair. Like the days prior, they sat in silence. Sometimes reminiscing on memories, other times foreboding the future.
Minutes turned into hours as the boys watched their friend.
~~~
Thursday. 12:57 PM.
A slight stirring could be seen from (name)'s bed. Slowly, the girls eyes opened and dilated with the sudden influx of light. Moving her hands to her head, which was already throbbing from a headache, (name) began to sit up lethargically. She wanted to look around the unfamiliar room and gather her bearings but her head was unable to turn in the slightest.
Listening through the fuzzy noises in the air, a muted voice was calling out to (name) and repeating her name over and over. Unable to make out whose voice it was through the white noise which filled her head, the girl began to breathe heavier. Her heart rate monitor increased as she was overcome with confusion and panic.
"(Name), t-take a deep breath," a voice consoled.
Unmoving, tears began to stream down her face. Recognizing the slight stutter of the shy voice, (name) didn't understand what was happening
"... Gold?" She weakly asked, thinking her brain was tricking her and that the boy was not actually there.
"(Name)! Y-you woke up!" Gold's voice cracked. "Y-you're awake!"
"Is it really you?" (Name)'s tears flowed down her face.
"O-obviously," Gold said in a slightly offended tone. "Who else w-would it be?"
"How did you get here?!" (Name) still felt like she was dreaming.
"I drove him," R/Red finally spoke.
"R? Is that you? I can't exactly turn my head right now."
"Yup, and Cherry is gonna be here as soon as school lets out for the day," R/Red remarked.
"... what day is it?"
"T-Thursday," Gold started, a hint of fear in his voice. "You've been in here for 5 days."
"..." (name) was speechless, not knowing how to react.
"I'll be right back," R/Red spoke, getting up to tell the nurse in the hallway that (name) woke up.
"O-ok," (name) spoke as she listened to R's/Red's footsteps get further away. "..."
There was a moment of silence.
"Um... how do you know R, Gold?"
"It's a-a long story..." Gold admitted.
"Tell me later?"
"Y-yeah."
"So, how exactly are you here?"
"R d-drove me."
"Not what I meant, I mean like... how do I say this in the nicest way possible... how are you, limbless and all, here?"
"W-wheelchair..." Gold sounded defeated.
"A what?"
"A-a wheelchair..." Gold frowned, his pride having been deflated by being in a wheelchair and unable to move on his own.
"Haha, okay. I definitely have to see this later," (name) winced slightly from the laughing causing her wounds to feel pain.
"Please d-don't laugh, if not for me then f-for your health," Gold looked worried.
The nurse entered the room.
~~~
2:30 PM.
Gold and R/Red we're not allowed in the room after the nurses came in. Because they had to check up on (name), there had to be privacy and all that mumbo jumbo. (A/N: Sorry, idk how hospitals work)
Once the nurses finished, Gold and R/Red were allowed back in the room. Driving Gold's wheelchair to where (name) would be able to see him, R/Red parked Gold before dragging over a chair for himself.
Staring emptily, dim light beamed from (name)'s eyes as she saw the great disguise that Gold had.
"I love your... outfit," (name) half smiled.
"... that w-was meant to be offensive, wasn't it." Gold grumbled and pouted.
"No, no, no," (name) quickly denied the accusation.
"Mhm... sure," Gold said in a skeptical tone.
(Name)'s eyes started to water, immediately changing the looks of her onlookers faces to ones of worry.
"You good?" R/Red gave her a concerned expression.
"...I-I... no! I mean..." (name) started to sob, crying causing pain throughout her wounds. "I-I jumped off my... my house."
"..." the boys listened.
"I don't know w-w-what was going through my head... I just... I-I..." (name) couldn't find the words. "I... I hated myself... I still hate myself... I-I didn't see a tomorrow and-and even now..."
Silently, R/Red got up and walked right up next to (name). He then gently hugged his friend and whispered in her ear.
"It's gonna be okay, all your friends are here for you and we will always be there to listen to you," R/Red emphasized the word always.
"... t-thank you..." (name) sobbed into R/Red's shoulder.
(Gold wanted to hug her but really can't :/)
~~~
4:30 PM.
Cherry ran into (name)'s room and immediately started crying tears of joy and relief at the sight of her friend finally awake.
"(Name)!!!" The girl embraced (name) suddenly.
"Ouch..." (name) bit her lips to fight the sharp pain in her wounds.
Cherry loosened the hug and backed away. "Sorry!"
"You're good."
"..." Cherry fidgeted her hands.
"Just say it."
"What?"
"You look like you want to say something, so just say it."
"Oh yeah, sorry," Cherry replied. "So.. um.. after everything that happened and all... let me just show you."
Cherry pulled out her phone and logged onto a fundraiser page and showed it to (name). Within the past 5 days, she had raised almost $13,000 for therapy for students who need it and can't afford it and for students who are on the school's suicide watch list.
"Cherry... is this what I think it is?"
"Maybe," she smiled.
"So you're telling me that—" (name) was interrupted.
"Anyone who needs it gets therapy, meaning..."
"I have an excuse to not go home and see my shitty parents!"
"I mean that's one way to put it," Cherry said.
"Can I hug you?"
"You don't need to ask me!" Cherry gave (name) a gentle hug, learning from her hug earlier.
"You too R! Get over here," (name) invited R/Red to the hug."
~~~
"R and I are gonna wait outside for a bit," Cherry dragged R/Red off with her.
"Cherry, what are you doing?" R/Red asked her as she shut the door behind them.
"Building a ship and giving those two alone time."
"..."
"Gold has visited her every day, he definitely likes her," Cherry remarked.
"... you're not wrong." R/Red said rigidly.
(Meanwhile)
"The doctors said I have to stay here and can't move because I could sprain my leg more, but..." (name) tried to look around the room for a camera and didn't see any.
"T-there aren't any cameras if that's w-what you're looking for," Gold said, noticing her slight head tilts.
"... thanks. So... no camera, no doctor, no nurse, no R, no Cherry, just us."
"Y-yeah?" Gold didn't know where (name) was going with this.
"Can you come here so I can hug you?"
"O-of course."
Gold floated out of the wheelchair and over to (name). The two then embraced in the closest thing to a hug that they could do (with (name)'s arms all bandaged and Gold not having any arms and all).
"I love you, (name)." Gold spoke in a soft and caring voice in her ear.
"I love you too," (name) cried again, but this time of happiness.
—————
1462 words!