Chapter 5

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Finally arriving at the rock, (name) put down the GameBoy where she found it originally before looking up at the sky full of concern. The grey clouds had turned dark and the GameBoy was probably not the most waterproof.
"Hello?" (Name) called out into the woods. No response. Of course there is no one around to respond though, great!! She grumbled.
Sitting down on the rock, (name) tried to remember what direction she heard voices from when she originally found the GameBoy. Retracing the scene, she remembered hearing a yelp from one side of the rock: the side the voices later came from. But what side was it? Annoyed, she looked at the ground. There were no footprints other than her own from today. No information to go off of.
Pulling the note out of her pocket, (name) squinted at the illiterate text to try and find some type of hint. The blue marker and lined paper gave no indication of what to do though.
"HELLO? Is literally ANYONE out here?" (Name) yelled out again, feeling stupid.
Not want to go back home yet, she decided to stay at the rock for a few minutes or at least until the rain started.
~~~
Steven and Gold's perspective
"So Gold, could you tell me what that is," Steven growled while pointing at (name) through the thick foliage.
"I-I have no clue what y-you're talking about, I don't have eyes I-I can't see," Gold lied as he tried to hide the smug grin on his face.
"... you can see perfectly fine," Steven said deadpan. "So tell me why the hell what's-her-face is in the woods and calling out for someone."
"W-Well um... I put the G-GameBoy in her bag earlier but left a n-note saying to bring it back Friday."
How that hell did you manage that?! Steven thought. "It's Tuesday."
"I-I don't know why s-she's here either!"
(Name) turned in the direction of the two.
"Don't move," Steven whispered to Gold before gesturing to be quiet.
The two waited in silence and a light mist started to fill the air. (Name) turned her head back to the floor.
"This isn't how you make friends, Gold," Steven sighed. "Humans and Creepypastas don't... no, can't make friends with each other."
"C-can I at least g-go talk to her?"
"If Glitchy finds out I let you do this, I'm going to bring you back from the dead just to kill you," Steven said reluctantly. "And if I say we are going, we are going."
"B-but..."
"No buts!"
~~~
Normal POV
(Name) turned her head up and into the woods where she had heard rustling. As soon as her eyes began to peer through the thick brush, the woods fell silent once again.
A gentle mist enveloped her body and she looked back at the ground. Hesitant to leave, (name) decided that she would wait until the rain was heavy enough to form full droplets of water.
Waiting again, she heard leaves crinkling from the same direction the noise was coming from before.
From the deep earthy browns and greens of the forest, a boy in a red and white hat and another boy in a yellow a black hat appeared.
"Here's your GameBoy back, don't try to give it to me again," (name) said to Gold as she stretched out her hand with the GameBoy in it.
"O-oh um thanks, but you c-can play it until Friday though," Gold whispered.
"Sorry but I'm not dealing with two assholes in red hats invading my room and talking about strangling me again," (name) retorted.
"She's not wrong, Gold. If Glitchy finds out about this, even I don't know how he will react," Steven remarked.
"Here," (name) handed the GameBoy to Steven. "Don't talk to me ever again, let's just forget we met. I have too much on my plate as it is, I don't need to add sentient creepypastas to the list."
"S-sorry, I just, I t-thought..." Gold mumbled the end of his sentence inaudibly.
"Thought what?" (Name) asked.
"Idiot here has no friends, he wanted to talk to you because he's lonely. But I can't blame him though, none of us have friends but at least Glitch and I have each other," Steven growled. "Happy now? Let's go, Gold."
"B-but..."
"No buts! Let's go."
Gold floated behind Steven and began to go off into the woods where they came from.
"Wait," (name) called out, surprising even herself. "Do you know how to play card games?"
"He has no hands, how the hell do..."
"I-I can figure it out," Gold interrupted.
"Then do you want to um... play cards this time tomorrow?" (Name) asked.
"S-sure! I-I can see if we have that one g-game, I-I think it's called ONE."
Steven facepalmed before dragging Gold off.
"Bye."
"Bye?" (Name) waved before a river of thoughts flooded her head. Why did I say I would play cards with him? I should NOT get involved with these people... but he seems lonely. NO. I don't need to deal with this, it's not my problem... How can he even play cards without arms?! What if the one with the red hat, Steven or whatever his name was, strangles me?...
(Name) silently walked home feeling conflicted about her decision. She knew what it was like to be isolated from the world and understood how the boy felt but at the same time he is not human and he is not her issue to deal with. I wish I could tell Cher about this, (name) slapped her cheeks knowing she would die if she told anyone. But how would they know if I told someone? Wait a minute, how did the GameBoy and paper get in my bag in the first place, when did they...?
~~~
(Name) slammed the door behind her, to which her parents turned around and gave her dirty looks.
"Reina and hic I have been waiting for you honey-bear," (name)'s father said.
"Welcome home sweetie," Reina said with with a scowl on her face. "School ended an more than two hours ago, why are you just getting home now? It's only a thirty minute walk."
"But I-I was here like forty-five minutes ago," (name) mumbled.
"I'm sorry but you will have to speak louder, young lady. I want to know, where were you?"
"I um went on a walk."
"A walk you say? Where did you go," she interrogated.
"..." (name) stepped backwards as her mother raised her arm.
"WHERE DID YOU GO?" Reina's tongue whipped as she flared.
"I-I um I..."
"I-I-I," the lady mocked. "This is what happens when you don't answer my questions," (name)'s mother grabbed the girl's shoulder tightly and dug her nails into (name)'s flesh. The angered woman then drew her other arm back before letting it fly into (name)'s face, the palm leaving a pink print and the woman's claws scratching off a layer of skin which blood began to seep from.
"I-I went on a hike in the forest," (name) choked while she held back tears.
"Good girl, next time just tell me," Reina spat at (name) who was shivering and bleeding. "Now go to your room, just for this you can starve tonight."
—————
1234 words!