Chapter 31

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Gold and R/Red got into R's/Red's car and pulled out the driveway. As they made their way up the winded road, the cassette player in the car buzzed before playing the music from Azalea Town from Pokémon Version Silver and Pokémon Version Gold.
"You h-have the music from our games in y-your car?" Gold asked, genuinely curious.
"Every song from Pokémon Versions Red, Blue, Silver and Gold except for any of the Mount Silver songs," R/Red proudly proclaimed.
"..." Gold looked confused.
"That mountain..." R/Red shuddered. "I never want to go back there again."
"But isn't t-that where you go when you r-recharge?"
"..." R shifted. "Let's change the topic, how did you meet (name)?"
"Well, I-I was in the woods with my GameBoy with me —it didn't have t-the game in it— but when I h-heard footsteps in the woods I panicked and d-decided to hide," Gold recalled. "I completely f-forgot the GameBoy, and guess who ended up p-picking it up and taking it with t-them?"
"(Name)..."
"So then after I-I got an earful from Glitchy and Steven, we w-waited until nightfall and um... w-we kind of sneaked into (name)'s house."
"..." R/Red frowned.
"And s-she gave us back the GameBoy, and Steven and Glitchy p-probably traumatized her because she passed out, and then we w-waited all night because I wanted to apologize, and in the morning we apologized, and t-then we left, and then Steven and I made sure she didn't t-tell anyone when she went to school, and when she was at lunch I-I hid the GameBoy in her bag again, and then—."
"Gold, why the fuck did you put the GameBoy back in her bag?!"
"... b-because I wanted to be her friend," Gold mumbled. "Oh, and a-after that she came back to the clearing and s-since then she just kept coming back to play ONE with us!"
"I'm not even going to ask how you play cards..."
"So h-how do you know (name)?"
"Well," R/Red reminisced. "After I went off the grid I decided to go to high school here for my senior year. (Name) and Cherry basically just adopted me, looking back it makes no sense. I barely talked and they just decided one day that I would be their friend and it has been like that ever since."
"Wow!" Gold sparkled with jealousy and awe after hearing R's/Red's story. "So do y-you know (name)'s favorite s-school subjects and all too?"
"Haha, no. I just know that she hated gym with a passion," R/Red laughed as he recalled a memory of (name) flipping off the physical education teacher as she left the gym. "Have you seen Blake recently, Gold?"
"N-no, last time I saw him was last August. W-Why?"
"I feel bad, I kinda just disappeared without saying goodbye to him."
"Were you two close friends or something?"
"Kind of. You see, Blake and I have the same circumstances when recharging: we can't leave that damn mountain. So 5 years back, a year before I left, we just decided that once a month we would recharge in the same console and try to get down the mountain. We thought two heads would be better than one, sadly we never made it past Freakachu."
"P-Past who?"
"Past Freakachu; it's a pikachu but... not very friendly. To think that thing used to be my partner Pokémon before it turned into that crazed monster."
"Oh, o-ok."
~~~
(Quick A/N: Freakachu is the "friend" from R's/Red's dream/nightmare thing in Chapter 28)
~~~
"You ready, Gold?"
"Yeah."
R/Red pushed the wheelchair with Gold into the hospital and went up to the receptionist and the front desk.
"Hello, sir, how can I help you?" The lady said.
"Do you know if visitors are allowed to see (name) (last name)?"
"Allow me to check for you," she said, picking up an intercom and searching up (name) up the computer. "Hello? Does anyone know if visitation is open for room A209?"
A small voice buzzed through the earbud on her left ear.
"You should be able to head up, she is up the stairs and to the right in room A209. Please be very quiet when there."
R/Red grabbed the handlebars on Gold's wheelchair and navigated them to the elevator. He then pressed the button and waited patiently for the door to open.
Once the elevator made it to the first floor, R/Red and Gold boarded and headed up to A209.
Walking in to the room, (name) was out cold on the bed and connected to an IV. Looking at her sorry state, Gold had to hold back bloody tears (because if he cried blood, his disguise would be pointless). Beside her, a nurse was changing her IV for a fresh one.
"Ah, are you friends or family of (name)?" She questioned.
"Yes, we are her neighbors and friends," R/Red replied rigidly, the question catching him off guard. "Are we allowed to know her condition?"
"Let me get the doctor, usually that information is strictly for the family," the nurse left.
...
"Hello, Mr..." the doctor came in and started to greet R/Red and Gold.
"Call me R, (name) is my neighbor and friend."
"Nice to meet you R, my name is Dr. Smith," he shook R's hand. "And this is?"
"O-oh, I'm E-Ethan," Gold lied.
"Nice to meet you too, Ethan. So, the nurse said you had a question for me?"
"Yes, we were wondering how (name) is doing?"
"Well, that information is strictly confidential and for only the family to know. I'm sorry."
"Her family isn't coming," Gold said, not looking away from (name)'s body.
"What?"
"Her mom gambles all day and her father is a drunk. They aren't coming, they probably don't even know she's in here," Gold didn't stutter.
"I-I see," the doctor frowned. "From that I assume they won't be paying her medical bills either?"
"I doubt so," R/Red regretfully admitted. "But that is why we are here. We want to know her condition and see if we can help pay her medical bills."
"Well, I won't argue with that. If you plan on paying, you will have to sign a few forms first before we can tell you everything, but of course I can give you her current condition if that is the case."
"Okay, where can I get the forms?" R/Red asked.
The doctor led R/Red to another room were he read and signed all the necessary paperwork. After coming back in, R/Red had a queasy look on his face. The medical bills for (name) amounted to $10,000: something he could not afford fully (while still keeping himself afloat).
Slightly worrying, R/Red decided to hide his fear and ask about (name)'s condition.
The doctor shut the doors so only Gold and R/Red could hear. "She twisted her right ankle as well as shattered her right arm. The cuts on her arms and legs left deep infections that, had we waited any longer, would've led to more problems and she potentially would've needed an amputation. She must've fallen from somewhere high onto the right side of her body, luckily her head was not damaged too much, only light bruises. No concussions."
—————
1231 words!