Chapter 29

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Ignoring the three boys around him, R frantically searched for (name)'s pulse. The girl's heartbeat was shallow and thin but was present all the same.
Slipping his phone out of his jacket pocket, R dialed for the ambulance as fast as he could. The phone rang for what seemed like an eternity until a click could be heard.
"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The receiver spoke.
"Yes, hello. My friend is collapsed on the floor in her backyard and she's bleeding."
"Can you tell me the address, sir?"
R quickly replied with the exact location of (name)'s house.
"Okay, an ambulance is on its way to your location," the receiver consoled. "Do you know how long your friend has been collapsed?"
"No. I-I'm sorry," R got a little choked up.
"It's going to be okay, sir. Please take some deep breaths."
R took a slow breath in.
"What is your name, sir?"
"My name is R. Like the letter."
"And what did you say your relationship is with the injured person?"
"She's my neighbor and one of my best friends," R spoke in a panic. "How close is the ambulance?"
"They're almost there, sir. Where at the address did she collapse?"
"In the backyard."
"Is there anyone else there with you?"
R paused to decide on an answer. "No."
The other three boys overheard this and understood exactly what to do. While R continued to answer questions on the phone, Steven and Glitchy held back their emotions and dragged Gold away from (name)'s limp body to hide until the medics arrived for (name). Now in the woods watching from afar, the three tried to comfort each other. (Name) was a friend to all of them and seeing her in this state pained all of them, especially Gold.
"W-was it my fault?" Fresh tears ran down Gold's face. "S-she didn't just fall. I t-think she jumped..."
"It's not your fault Gold. She's going to be okay. She's going to be alright," Steven held Gold close as he said words to comfort himself too.
"I-I'm sorry. I'm so s-sorry (name)," Gold choked out between sobs.
"..." Glitchy was at a loss of words. Unable to speak, he silently watched from the woods.
"Let's just wait for the ambulance, she will be okay after that," Steven whispered soothingly.
~~~
After the longest 6 minutes, three medics with a stretcher came for (name).
R led them to the backyard where (name) was still passed out on the floor. Biting his bottom lip he watched as the medics secured (name) on the long canvas before carrying her off.
Now safely navigating (name) into the ambulance, the two medics with the stretcher took (name) away. From within the woods, Gold, Steven, and Glitchy watched full of concern.
Meanwhile, the third medic stayed behind and started a dialogue with R.
"Is she going to be okay? Which hospital will she be in? Why did—" R stared to rapidly fire questions at the medic before being cut off.
"We will do everything in our abilities to ensure that she is safe and gets the medical attention she needs. She will be transported to the hospital right off 2nd Street. Because you have no legal connections to her, you won't be able to see your friend until visitation hours from 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM."
"Okay. Thank you," R didn't know what more to say. The medic left, leaving a knot in R's throat. The hospital was 30 minutes away by car and it was only 6:15 AM, meaning he had to wait for almost 3 hours to check on (name).
Watching the ambulance drive away, R turned back to the woods and walked back to where he found (name) collapsed just 20 minutes earlier. Those 20 minutes felt like hours, but the blood on the floor assured otherwise. The viscous red substance was fresh and bright as it reflected the final shreds of moonlight before sunrise.
Looking up from the blood, R hid the fear that colored his face and replaced it with determination:
"I'm going to drive to the hospital to see if she's okay," the boy stated as he made eye contact with Gold, Glitchy, and Steven.
The moment was ethereal for everyone there. R, finally acknowledging the three boys around him, widened his eyes.
The moment was without words at first. All four of them taking in what they were looking at.
Glitchy's face turned dark and his hands gripped into tight fists.
Gold's mouth fell open as he looked like he saw a ghost.
Steven's eyes filled with panic as he watched Glitchy tense up.
And then, the silence was broken.
"Gold...? Steven...? What are you guys doing here?" R finally spoke as a scowl filled his face.
"That's what we should be asking you, Red." Glitchy asked as he stepped forward to punch R in the face.
—————
825 words.