Chapter 33

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Parking in front of the hospital, Cherry dashed out her car and into the huge building. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, Cherry finally made it the the front of the line for the reception desk.
With her face trapped in a state of panic, Cherry took deep breaths as she frantically asked the receptionist which room her friend was in. Once she got the information, she rushed up the stairs and to the hallway with (name)'s room.
Only slowing down once she reached the door, Cherry softly knocked and waited for permission to see (name). At first there was no response but after a bit the door was opened by R/Red.
"Cherry?!" He exclaimed.
"R?!" She said back in shock.
"Sorry for not telling you about..." he gestured to (name).
"It's fine... Is she okay?"
"Well..." R/Red hesitated. "I don't know how long she was on the floor in her backyard before we found her and called 911, but the doctor said that (name) twisted her right ankle, shattered her right arm, narrowly avoided needing an amputation, and she somehow has no concussions."
"Did they say when she would wake up?"
"No."
"I see," Cherry placed the box of pastries on a table next to (name) and sat down in a chair overlooking (name)'s bed. It was at this point that she finally took notice of the boy in the wheelchair. "..."
She wanted to speak. To ask the boy who he was and how he knew (name). But her brain stopped herself. Looking at the saddened state of the boy, Cherry could tell that he has holding back tears and fighting to not break down. Looking at Gold, slumped in the wheelchair and staring at (name), longing for her to wake up, Cherry couldn't bring herself to speak and break his focus.
"R," the girl calmly spoke.
R/Red nodded his head to nonverbally tell Cherry that he's listening.
"How much were the medical bills?"
"Are you sure you want to know?" R/Red cautioned.
"How much were the medical bills," she raised her voice only slightly, a crack being heard as Cherry's fear and panic started to become tears and sadness. "It wasn't a question, it was a statement."
"$10,000."
"I see." Cherry spoke almost too calmly as she stood up. "I'm going to make a phone call."
The girl turned on her phone and located one of her contacts. Calling the number, the girl waited for someone to pick up.
"Hello?" The voice on the other end of the line spoke.
"Hi, dad."
"Is something wrong?"
"Well..." The tears finally came out in a sob. "(Name) tried t-t-to commit suicide. And and and if I only r-read the signs I c-could've talked to her b-but now she's in the hospital and h-her p-p-parents aren't going to pay her medical bills and s-she's probably going to die and and I-I just want my friend back again."
"Cherry, it's okay. I'll see what I can do," her father replied in a soothing tone.
"A-are you sure?"
"She's been your best friend since middle school, (name) is practically my second daughter."
"Weird, but okay, I get what you mean..."
"So Cherry, how much are the medical bills."
"..." she felt guilty to say the cost aloud. "$10,000."
"Cherry, if you and whoever else is there can get $3,000 for her medical bills I'll cover the other $7,000."
"Seriously? You're sure?"
"Yes Cherry, I'm sure."
"T-thank you so much, d-dad!" Cherry continued to cry, half from sadness and half from hope.
"Mhm, I got to get back to work now. Bye."
"Oh, sorry, bye."
The phone clicked off.
"You good, Cher?" R/Red asked the girl.
"Yeah. If anything, I'm great, you're great, and... (name)'s great!"
"What?" R tilted his head in confusion.
"If we can get $3,000, my dad said he'd cover the other $7,000 in (name)'s medical bills."
"Really?!" R/Red looked shocked and relieved at the same time.
"Yeah!"
"Really pays to be rich doesn't it," R/Red muttered.
"Shut up!" Cherry growled.
"Did you hear that G— Ethan?" R/Red stopped himself from saying Gold's actual name.
Gold held back tears of joy (because he really doesn't want to break his disguise). "Y-yeah!"
~~~
After sitting in (name)'s room for hours, the clock eventually reached 4:00 PM and a doctor entered the room.
"I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave, visitation hours are over," the doctor stated plainly.
"But aren't visitation hours 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM?" R/Red asked.
"Yes; however, because (name) needs rest to recover, her visitation hours are being shortened to 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM so she can get better sooner," the doctor explained.
"What kinda shit reason is that, we just wanna see our frien—." R/Red started before being cut off by Cherry.
"Sorry sir, we understand," Cherry apologized on R/Red's behalf. "Let's go, R. Let's go, Ethan."
"R-right, sorry sir," R apologized while he grabbed Gold's wheelchair and rolled the boy out into the hallway.
Once (name)'s door shut behind them, Cherry spoke again. "What the hell is with that doctor?! You can't just CHANGE the visitation hours without telling anyone!"
"I-I agree," Gold spoke. "I-I know that (name) needs to get b-better but t-they shouldn't have j-just kicked us out like t-that!"
"You said it, Ethan," Cherry nodded in agreement.
"You c-can just call me Gold," he replied, not used to being called 'Ethan.'
"Ok, 'Gold,'" Cherry smiled faintly as the three got on the elevator together.
"Tomorrow is Monday, d-do the visitation hours change on w-week days?" Gold asked R/Red.
"Nope, ready to spend all day here again?" R/Red tried to lift everyone's glum spirits.
"H-hell yeah! Gotta be there w-when (name) wakes up!"
"I'll be here right after school ends," Cherry remarked.
"Oh yeah, school is on Mondays," R/Red sounded stupid.
"HOW DO YOU FORGET THAT?!" Cherry half screamed before she burst out laughing.
"Got you to smile," R/Red smirked.
"Don't you say it," she warned.
"It's in rough times like this where we need to find ways to smile," R said in a wise tone.
"So corny," Cherry choked.
"At l-least you don't have to drive home with it," Gold remarked.
—————
1084 words!