Chapter 12

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
6:05 AM, Friday.
Gold sat at the head of his bed and frowned emptily at the dark and rustic device which lay in front of him. He floated off the bed and left the room squinting as dark bloody-tears welled in his eyes.
Holding back the liquid which formed from the sudden brightness which filled his empty sockets, he looked around the kitchen and living room. Steven and Glitchy were nowhere to be found.
They're probably still recharging... Gold figured.
~~~
Meanwhile in a copy of Pokémon Red
Steven laughed as a light breeze pushed back both his hair and the trees surrounding him. "Let's do this again next week."
"Yeah," Glitchy smirked as he leaned in to give Steven a peck on the cheek.
Both boys turned red and looked away from each other. "I-if you're g-going to kiss me, d-do it right n-next time!" Steven stuttered as he referred to his lips.
"You sound like Gold," Glitchy walked around to the front of Steven and the two made eye contact. "So... if that wasn't right...," he started.
"—this is," Steven interrupted as he planted his lips on Glitchy's and wrapped his hands around the taller boy's back.
Waiting for a second before pulling away, both boys chuckled while their faces transformed into tomatoes.
"So, um, next week?" Steven smiled as he nestled his head into Glitchy's arm.
"Definitely," Glitchy held Steven close before whispering. "I just wish we could go on an actual date without having to worry about accidentally corrupting each other's cartridges."
Steven looked up. "Yeah. But at least we are able to recharge together."
Glitchy hummed in agreement. "Next date will be in the real world. We just need to find somewhere to dump Gold for a few hours."
"Red is gone-gone, I haven't seen Silver and Blake in months, and we aren't leaving him with the other pastas at the mansion."
"..."
The sky over Viridian Forest began to pixelate and the surrounding landscape started to evaporate.
"Time is almost up," Glitchy remarked. "Don't forget to say bye to Miki."
"I know," Steven said as he walked away to go hug his Charizard. "See you next week, Miki..."
Everything turned white and the save screen booted up.
The two boys hugged each other one more time before saving the game and returning to the real world.
Forming back in their room, Steven and Glitchy appeared on their respective beds staring across the room at each other.
"Why do I smell something burning..." Glitchy growled.
~~~
In the kitchen Gold had two pieces of bread laid across a pan over the stove.
Unable to flip the bread without burning himself, Gold opted to give up and watch the food ignite.
"Gold, what the fuck!" Glitchy slammed open the door to his room.
"S-sorry?"
"WHY ARE YOU BURNING THE GOD DAMN BREAD!!!"
"I-I um wanted to have g-grilled cheese..."
Glitchy mentally facepalmed as he turned off the stove and moved the pan to the side. "And how were you going to flip the bread?"
"..."
Glitchy frowned. "You kind of need hands to cook, Gold."
"Sorry."
Noticing Gold's disappointment Glitchy grabbed a different pan from the cabinet. "How many do you want?"
"O-oh! Um... two?" Gold weakly smiled. "S-Steven? D-do you want g-grilled cheese too?"
"Sure," Steven responded as he emerged from the same room as Glitchy did.
~~~
At (Name)'s school
"Cherry!" (Name) smiled as she approached her friend in the cafeteria.
"(Name)! How are you?" Cherry gestured (name) to sit next to her.
"I feel asleep a few times in class on Wednesday and Thursday but after school on Wednesday I went on a hike with R."
"Hey! Invite me next time," Cherry playfully punched (name) in the arm.
The two laughed.
"So, how's it going with your boyfriend?" (Name) interrogated.
"It's hard balancing school with work so I only get to see him on weekends. But he never has homework... man, I wish I was homeschooled too," Cherry remarked. "But other than that, Ben and I plan to go to the movies later this week."
"Small reminder: when do R and I get to meet him," (name) grinned. "You two are so interested in meeting anyone I meet but I can't meet the boy you've been dating since last winter?!"
"He's not a big people-person but maybe I can set up a double date," Cherry teased. "But first you have to find your significant someone."
"Wow, thanks Cherry." (Name) sarcastically remarked.
"Seriously though, I'll ask him if he'd be comfortable meeting my friends."
"You know I'm just kidding around, Cherry. You don't need to push him out of his comfort zone."
"I know, I know," Cherry fell silent before shifting her attention to the huge bandage plastered on (name)'s face. "So I've been trying not to say anything all week... was it your mom or your dad this time."
"My m—." (Name) cut herself off. "It was a cat."
Noticing the slip up and realizing what (name) was going to say, Cherry growled before composing herself. "Ok, well if you ever need anyone or if you need somewhere to stay, call me. And if that cat keeps bothering you, we can get you a spray bottle."
"Thanks Cher."
The bell rang and (name) and her friend parted ways. Cherry moved opposite of the crowd, rather than go straight to class, she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and punched her thumb into the keypad to unlock it.
Scrolling down through a list of her contacts she stopped at the one labeled R and hesitated over the button to call him.
"I'm sorry, (name)..." Cherry looked down as she talked to herself before feeling a sudden sense of guilt rush over her. "Actually, I'll wait a bit. If it escalates I'll do something."
Cherry turned off her phone and slipped it back in her pocket before going down the long hallway and to class.
—————
1003 words!