Part 2: Chapter 23

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Gold nodded and he and (name) kept making their way deeper into the woods.
After passing the abandoned playground and trekking past another clearing, the site of a car crash, a forgotten cemetery overgrown with moss, and finally another thicket of trees, the two had arrived at a set of four concrete structures, three of which were reduced to rubble for the most part.
The one that wasn't reduced to rubble was standing tall and firm though. With lichens and vines growing on it, the structure's entrance was near impossible to find. Having come here earlier in the week with Cherry though, (name) already knew where the doorway was.
"Follow me, Gold," (name) said, leading Gold around the structure and to a small dip in the ground. The dirt around the structure had built up, so the doorway was a bit lower than the ground.
Gold and (name) entered, not needing to adjust to the lighting or anything because the building had no roof and plenty of natural light got in.
"Huh, I guess we're early," (name) remarked, seeing how Cherry and Ben weren't here yet.
"W-what?" Gold was a bit confused because he didn't know about the double date yet.
"Let's just sit and wait a few. I'm sure they'll get here soon enough."
"O-ok, but who is 't-they?'"
"We are!" Ben said as he and Cherry entered.
"... well, that's less for me to explain I guess," (name) shrugged. "What took you two so long?"
"I hike slowly; didn't want to trip," Cherry admitted.
"Valid point... you brought everything you said you'd bring?"
"Mhm. Did you, (name)?"
"Yep," (name) held up her backpack.
"D-do you know what they're talking about?" Gold asked Ben in a hushed tone.
"Nope, not a clue," Ben whispered back.
Cherry and (name) opened up their backpacks and began to take out stuff.
"Oh yeah, you guys can just take a seat and chill," Cherry told Ben and Gold.
Ben and Gold nodded while keeping puzzled looks on their faces. Both of them sat down shortly after, Gold more plopping down and looking like a deflated old teddy bear because of his bad posture and lack of limbs and Ben more sitting with his legs crossed and back hunched over as if he was playing on a handheld game console.
Meanwhile with Cherry and (name), Cherry took out a tiny backpacking stove, metal pot, wooden spoon, and a box of Mac and cheese. (Name) took out an unhealthy amount of water bottles, plastic spoons, cups (which were going to be used as bowls), and —from inside one of those lunchboxes that acts like a cooler— a tiny little thing of milk as well as a bag of three types of shredded cheese.
After Cherry set up the backpacking stove, (name) poured some of the water into the pot and the two girls put it onto the stove to heat up.
While the water was heating, which ended up taking a few minutes, Cherry fished through her bag for a tiny colander.
The girls then let the pasta cook, mixing occasionally with the wooden spoon, and strained out the water and put the pasta in the colander. They then warmed up the milk before adding the pasta back in.
Finally, mixing the three cheeses with the pasta and milk, the separate ingredients came together to make a creamy Mac n Cheese.
"I think it's done," Cherry smiled.
"I think so too, I'll get the cup bowl things and you scoop in the Mac n Cheese," (name) replied, reaching behind her to grab the cups they were going to use as bowls.
Cherry shut off the stove and then she filled each cup with some Mac n Cheese. Once filled, (name) put a plastic spoon in the cup/bowl and handed it out.
Soon enough, everyone had their food and the four were sitting together in a circle on the floor.
"We know it isn't much but—" Cherry and (name) began to say before getting cut off.
"It's perfect," the two boys said in sync before the girls could belittle their efforts.
While it wasn't much, the Mac n Cheese was filling. Cherry and (name) had made the right choice when they picked out the cheeses that they did.
For the next hour and a half, the four sat there. First eating, and then talking. None of them had been on a double date before, not even Cherry, so this was a new experience in a way.
It was a date technically, so it had an air of slight formality. But it was more like hanging out with friends than anything.
By the time it had gotten dark, Cherry and Ben said goodbye to (name) and Gold and they went back the ways they came from.
(Name) brought all the trash with her and Cherry brought the pot, spoon, stove, and anything else that needed to be cleaned.
"You understand why Cherry and I picked that building now?" (Name) asked Gold.
"N-not really," Gold admitted.
"Well, when we were in there did you notice anything?"
"N-no? Was I supposed t-to?" Gold worried a bit.
"Nope. Because that spot had nothing. No one else other than us, Cherry, and Ben have been to it since after it was abandoned however many years ago. Cherry and I picked it because no one else had been there before. In a way, it's ours."
"W-we should've done that thing t-they do in romantic movies then!" Gold pretended to whine a little as a joke.
"Which thing?"
"Y-you know! W-when the characters carve their in a heart o-on a tree. B-but we should've done it o-on the building!"
"Next time we can bring a hammer and a flat tipped screwdriver to use as a chisel. We can carve it in then!"
"R-really?"
"Mhm. We can write a big heart with both our initials and the date. That way everyone knows it was our spot first."
"Yay!"
—————
1009 words!!

OMG! WE GOT TO 5k READS?!?!?! Wow! Uhhh thanks everyone, I was never expecting this to even get to 100 reads but somehow we're here at 5k. So thank you all so so much!! This wouldn't be possible without each and every one of you!

Also, Happy Halloween! (I'm dressing as Ticci Toby this year!)