Chapter 14

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Glitchy grabbed his hand of cards from Steven and sat on the floor without speaking.
"Left of the dealer goes first, it's your turn, Glitchy."
He placed down a card.
"..." (name) wanted to say something but didn't know what to do so she just placed down a card too.
Everyone was very tense. The laughter and fun which filled the area a few moments ago had dissipated, leaving emptiness in its wake.
"Gold, go," Steven reminded Gold it was his turn.
"R-right... could you put down the f-first card on the left?"
Steven placed down a card and silence returned.
"So... you going to kill me or... actually never mind..." (name) mumbled.
"..." Glitchy frowned at (name) and Gold. "If I wanted her dead, Gold, she would be dead."
"O-ok. So do you um n-not want her dead t-then?" Gold shyly questioned.
"Nah, she's chill." Glitchy placed down a plus four. "She hasn't told anyone about us."
"What the fuck, man!" (Name) drew four cards.
"Like I said she's chill," Glitchy threatened to change his opinion.
"Thank you for bestowing me with these four cards, I will um cherish them..." (name) quickly spouted as she tried to save her own hide.
Glitchy laughed. "Steven, how did you get roped into this?"
Steven have Gold a death stare before responding to Glitchy. "Don't ask."
"S-so we all good now? (Name) c-can keep playing games w-with me?" Gold asked hopefully.
"No." Glitchy slammed his hand on the rock they were using as a table, making a loud thud. "You guys played games and didn't think to invite me. I'm very offended."
Steven put down Gold's cards and walked over to Glitchy. He then took off his and Glitchy's hats and swapped who had on whose hat. "We wouldn't abandon you." Steven soothed before heading back to his seat.
Glitchy then disappeared and glitched behind Steven. He quickly took back his hat and roughed up Steven's hair before switching back the hats.
"*cough cough* lovebirds," Gold grinned and Glitchy headed back to his seat.
"Shut up, Gold!" Steven and Glitchy retorted as they turned pink.
"Are they always like this?" (Name) asked.
"Yes." Gold blatantly said without stuttering.
~~~
The group continued to play cards as the tension disappeared. Even though it seemed like Glitchy was going to kill (name) a few moments ago, now they were all laughing as if they were old friends.
(Name) checked her phone to see the time. It was 3:00pm and she was planning on meeting with R and Cherry at 5:30.
"Sorry guys, I probably have to get home," (name) frowned
"Want to hang out again on Monday?" Steven asked.
"You know it!"
"B-bye (name)!" Gold waved what he had of his arms.
"Bye Gold. Bye Steven. Bye Glitchy." (Name) walked off into the forest.
"So. Y-you're not going t-to kill her, r-right Glitchy?" Gold nervously asked.
"No, Gold." He replied. "You seem to be having fun hanging out with her. Heck, you needed a friend anyways! ... But you and Steven are going to pay for not inviting me to play games. I'm not going to clean both of your dishes for a week, good luck figuring out how to do it yourself."
"W-wait please don't g-give me more chores!"
"Complain again and I'll give you more to do."
~~~
(Name) approached the back of her house and smiled. She was glad that she was officially not going to be killed.
Going inside the building, she grabbed one of the instant noodles she bought last weekend and quickly made her lunch/dinner while her dad snored on the couch.
By time she finished eating and getting ready to leave it was 4:45pm. Even though her, R, and Cherry planned to meet at 5:30, she decided to head to the meeting spot early.
Leaving her dishes in the sink and soaking in soap water, (name) started to walk up towards R's house. Because of the slope of the road, the walk from her house to R's was 7 minutes while it was only 4 minutes the other way.
Finally arriving at his house almost forty minutes early, (name) sat on his driveway and waited.
~~~
(Name) stood up and moved out of the way as Cherry's car pulled in to R's driveway. After parking, she got out and the two girls walked towards R's door together.
"Want to ring the bell a few thousand times," Cherry asked.
"Yes!"
From outside the house, (name) and Cherry were smirking and could hear the bell inside the house going crazy.
R opened the door with a tired and angry look on his face before laughing at Cherry and (name). "What the hell you two!" He smiled as he shut the lights and door behind him. "You ready to go?"
Cherry looked down to check that her shoes were tied. "All good here!"
"Same, let's go!" (Name) started to walk across the road.
The group crossed over into the other side of the woods and went down to a old abandoned town. The town was small and only had six buildings (four of which were not fully intact) and a playground.
Heading toward one of the small shells of a building, R turned on the flashlight he brought with him and made sure the area was clear.
"The rocks from the fire ring we made last time are still here," (name) remarked.
"We should totally make a fire and tell stories!" Cherry suggested.
"Good idea. How about (Name) clears out some of the leaves while we get some wood?" R added.
"I'll start to clear the leaves then," (name) said as she crouched down to remove the piles of greenery.
While (name) was busy with her job, Cherry and R headed off together to grab some sticks. As they walked further off, R noticed a large tree branch that, if they dragged it back, would be all they needed.
"Drag it on three. 1! 2! 3!"
~~~
"It's a good thing I brought this with me," R triumphantly held up a small drawstring bag.
"Ooh aah...Special..." (Name) joked.
"What's in it?" Cherry finally asked.
"Tada!" R dumped out the bag on the floor. "we got fire starters, water to put out the fire, a bag, HM03, and snacks."
"HM what now?" Cherry asked.
"Never mind that." R laughed nervously. "But we have snacks and the supplies to start a fire."
"You almost done building it?" Cherry asked.
"Yep," (name) replied as she carefully constructed a log-cabin style fire. "Done!"
After the small structure was built, R cautiously lit it ablaze and the three gathered around eating snacks.
~~~
"- and then they were pulled over by the police." Cherry finished her story.
"What a dumbass," R laughed.
"Yeah, who the hell goes 20 over the speed limit and runs a red right in front of the police station?!" (Name) smiled.
"I think that's enough stories for tonight. It's almost 8:30." Cherry frowned.
"Yeah, my parents are probably going to kill me." (Name) shrugged.
"I'll put out and clean up the fire, you two pick up all the trash," R said as he poured the water over the fire and used his shoe to put out any remaining ashes.
Cherry and (name) then bent down and collected the crumbs and wrappers they had dropped while telling stories. Meanwhile, R used a shovel they had found at the abandoned site to scoop the ashes and debris from the fire into his extra bag.
Once all three had finished cleaning, they hiked back through the woods and arrived at R's house.
"I'm driving you home whether you like it or not,(name)." Cherry dragged (name) into her car.
"It's not a long walk, it's fine, you seriously don't have to."
"Nope, you're getting a ride home."
"Fine." (Name) succumbed to her fate. "Bye R!"
"Bye (name)! Bye Cherry!"
"See ya around, R!" Cherry said before pulling out.
~~~
"Thanks for the ride Cher! Have fun with your boyfriend tomorrow, see you at school!" (Name) waved goodbye.
"Bye (name)!"
Cherry pulled off and (name) rushed into her house to be met by her parents yelling at her.
Luckily she took a selfie with Cherry: an alibi if you will.
~~~
Sunday night (after Cherry's date)
Cherry picked up her phone to call her boyfriend. Scrolling down through her contacts, she tapped on the one labeled as 'Ben.'
The phone rang a few times before a small click could be heard.
"Hi Cherry, miss me already." The person on the other end of the line chuckled.
"Haha, a little bit. I had fun today. I just forgot to ask you something."
"Shoot."
"You know my two friends, R and (name)? Would you be interested in meeting them?"
"I'll have to ask you-know-who but I'll keep you posted."
...
~~~
*Time skip to October 24*
Cherry's phone began buzzing frantically as she received a call from her boyfriend.
"Hello?"
"Hi Cherry! My family's hosting a Halloween party and they said it's cool if you invite your friends."
"Seriously?!"
"Yep," they said in a proud tone before a crash could be heard on the other side. "Sorry Cherry, I got to go now. Love you, bye."
"Love you too, Ben."
The phone hung up.
—————
1558 words!