Chapter 32

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Cherry woke up at 8:30 AM to see a reminder on her phone.
'Get pastries for (name)'s 18th birthday'
Remembering last night, she quickly got dressed and rushed out to her car to make the 30 minute drive to the bakery. Cherry was giddy with excitement and couldn't wait to deliver the sweets to her friend.
Despite this, Cherry got stuck in unrelenting traffic. A stretch three miles across was suddenly moving at 10 miles per hour and there were no spots to u-turn. After it her took 20 minutes to be freed from the jam, Cherry caught almost every light red, adding 7 minutes to her commute.
Finally arriving at the bakery only 10 minutes after opening, Cherry was met with a line of almost 12 different groups.
Joining the back of the line and waiting her turn, almost 30 minutes passed before Cherry arrived at the bakery counter.
"Hello!" The young girl behind the counter greeted Cherry with a beaming smile. "What can I get you?"
"Can I have a 6 pastry box with a cannoli, a slice of cheesecake, a lemon cookie, a chocolate drizzle croissant, a slice of red velvet cake, and an apple strudel?"
"Coming right up, you'll get your box and pay at the counter to your left," the young girl said before grabbing the pastries. "Have a good day!"
Cherry thanked the girl and went up to the counter to pay. The box amounted to $35 without tax but Cherry was more than happy to pay.
Taking the box, she headed back to her car and prepared to drive to (name)'s house to surprise her. Cherry started the drive at 11:10 AM, finally arriving at (name)'s house 40 minutes later at 11:50 AM.
Before getting out the car, Cherry opened her car's glovebox to grab out a black marker. Opening it carefully, she wrote in fancy letters on the lid of the pastry box:
Dear (name),
Happy 18th Birthday! May this year bring you cheer and love, brightness and happiness, warmth and kindness, and the best memories of all.
You deserve the world, thank you for being my best friend since middle school. Here's to many more years of celebrating you!
Happy birthday!
Love your bestie,
Cherry
Satisfied with her message, Cherry grabbed the box and walked to the front door of (name)'s house. She knocked on the door and waited for permission to enter.
Cherry opened the door after hearing the grumbling of (name)'s father as he said "the door is open!"
She entered the building, fully expecting to see (name) come and greet her. Maybe she's up in her room studying or out with her friends? Cherry wondered.
"Do you know where (name) is?" Cherry asked the man.
"You can go check her room," he snorted.
Cherry went up the creaking staircase and found (name)'s door slightly ajar. She normally keeps her door closed and locked, Cherry thought as she cautiously opened the door. Something's wrong.
With the door now fully open, Cherry noticed (name) was not in the room. At first opting to put the pastries on (name)'s bed, the girl walked further into the tiny bedroom until a note on the desk caught her eye.
Putting down the pastries, Cherry picked up the note as her eyes dilated in fear.
Reading every piece of (name)'s suicide note, the girl began to panic as phrases shot out at her:
... At the beginning of the school year I was approached by a man twice. ... He grabbed me.
... They cut me with a knife ... They beat me with bricks and their hands. ... It was torture. ... And then I passed out.
When I woke up, I was in my mother's van. ... she yelled at me.
... Worthless. Ugly. Useless. Burdensome. And soon to be homeless.
To my friends, Cher and R. Thank you for putting up with me. I'm sorry I couldn't bring myself to say goodbye to you in person.
...
Goodbye.
(Full note in chapter 26)
Cherry looked to the open window. Don't tell me she jumped. Please be alive, (name).
Holding the note tightly, Cherry grabbed the pastry box and ran down the stairs. She then rushed out the front door, quickly dropped the note and pastries in her car, and rushed to the same side of the house with (name)'s window.
Looking around in a state of panic, the girl noticed the red stains on the grass (from where (name) was found earlier).
She started to breathe very heavily, unable to notice the footsteps in front of her. Tracing her hand over the blood on the ground, Cherry choked out the name of her best friend and she hoped for a miracle.
From her perspective, there was no body. All Cherry could tell was that (name) had jumped to the ground and her body was gone. Knowing these woods, it was entirely possible that something (or someone) took her.
Still taking deep breaths, the footsteps stopped and Cherry saw four shoes out of the corner of her eye.
"She's in the hospital," one of the voices explained, knowing exactly who Cherry was looking for.
"What?!"  Cherry looked up to see two boys dressed in similar red vests and hats.
"The person you're looking for, she's in the hospital," the boy with the long hair (Steven) said. "She got taken there a few hours ago."
"Which hospital?" Cherry demanded.
Glitchy told her the address of the hospital and Cherry ran off the her car immediately. Without questioning the two strange boys and who they were, she drove off to see (name) going as fast as the law would allow her (so a few over the posted speed limit).
As the car got onto the roadway, Cherry's phone began buzzing. Picking up the call from her boyfriend, Ben, Cherry tried to explain the current situation to him.
"Hi, Ben."
"Cherry! I just wanted to call to tell you how much I love you," the boy said.
"I love you too, but I might have to cancel date night."
"Why?!" The boy was shocked.
"My friend, (name), is in the hospital, I'll tell you more later."
"Okay, keep me posted."
"Love you, sorry I can't really talk long."
"It's ok, I'll call you again later. Bye Cherry!"
"Thanks for understanding, Ben. Talk to you later."
The phone clicked.
Frowning, Ben tried to hold back a scream. He was very clingy but would never admit it. But, something about what Cherry said stuck with him: 'My friend, (name), is in the hospital.'
Someone said something similar to him an hour earlier.
What was it again... he tried to remember before glancing at his phone to see his recently texted contacts.
After Cherry, the most recent texts he sent were to the contact "Strangled."
Ben tapped back into the conversation and scrolled up until he found the similar words.
'Sorry about the late notice but we won't be at home to collect this month's assignments/pay, just leave them on the table. Gold's almost-girlfriend is in the hospital so we're all busy with that.'
Ben looked up. Damn, two people in the hospital in the same day. That sucks. But he was unable to connect the dots.
—————
1210 words!