Part 2: Chapter 4

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
After a week of playing games with (name) until it was late, and even spending all day Sunday binging TV with her, Gold's exhaustion began to settle in.
10 days after the Thursday Gold recharged, Gold was awake and tired, but fine. He acted as he normally did except he couldn't help but yawn every few minutes. 11 days after was a different story though.
Gold found himself spending most of the day on the couch, if not in his bed, napping. For the four hours he was awake, Gold was unresponsive. He would eat meals and nod in response to questions, sometimes even give one word answers but nothing more.
At one point around noon, Red stopped by. For the few minutes he was there, Gold woke up briefly. It was during those short minutes that Gold was conscious that Red reminded him that this was normal and that Gold would probably have to deal with the extreme exhaustion for 1 or 2 more days.
~~~
At 4:30 PM, (name) finally got to the usual meeting spot in the woods to be met with no one. Worrying, she decided to head deeper into the until she was at the cabin where Glitchy, Steven, and Gold lived.
Right before she could knock on the door, Glitchy opened it.
Instead of letting her in the house though, Glitchy and Steven asked to talk to (name) outside.
"Why outside?" (Name) asked as Steven gently closed the door behind him and Glitchy.
"Well..." Steven hesitated, trying to think of how to explain.
"Gold got sick," Glitchy said blatantly, hoping that (name) would believe the lie.
"Is he okay?!" (Name) asked quickly with her voice full of worry.
"Yeah, he just needs quiet and rest," Steven answered, technically telling the truth.
"Does he have a fever? Does he need any medicine?..." (Name) started rapid firing questions.
"Calm down, (name). He's fine, he just needs rest," Steven sighed.
"Are you sure?"
"(Name), he's fine," Glitchy said, reinforcing Steven's words. "I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon."
"Ok. Just, keep me updated, ok?" (Name) insisted.
"Ok, ok," Steven and Glitchy groaned in sync.
"Thanks," (name) said gently.
"Mhm, no problem."
"I'll be back with soup for him tomorrow, it'll probably have to be warmed up but if it helps him get better I'll make a fire and warm it up here if I have to!"
"You don't have to make a fire, we can warm it up on the stove," Steven laughed.
"Yeah, don't worry too much (name)," Glitchy spoke.
~~~
Tuesday. 3:10 PM.
After school, (name) had Cherry drive her to the convenience store instead of home. Getting all the supplies needed to make soup for Gold, (name) paid with the $20 bill she stole from her dad's secret money stash.
After that, she met up with Cherry in the parking lot. The other girl had insisted on driving (name) home and (name) couldn't really refuse.
At 3:30 PM, Cherry dropped off (name) at her house and waved goodbye.
"Thanks Cherry, see you at school tomorrow," (name) waved back at the other girl.
"No problem, see you tomorrow!" Cherry smiled as she drove off.
~~~
Inside her house, (name) ignored her sleeping father and went straight to work at making soup for Gold.
Heating up the little oil she still had at home in a large pot-like pan, (name) cut up the carrot and onion she bought at the store on a small cutting board.
While letting the vegetables simmer until softened, (name) shredded up her most expensive ingredient: a singular chicken breast. She then added in the small thing of chicken broth she bought along with the chicken and some salt and pepper.
(Name) waited for the chicken to heat throughly before adding in half the of noodles which made up the last of her budget. She then allowed the noodles to cook just past al dente and for the chicken to be cooked through.
Removing the pot-like pan from the heat, (name) poured the chicken noodle soup into a large sealable bowl. She then put the cutting board, knife, spoon, and other kitchen supplies she used into the sink.
After running some water on them, (name) immediately left for the woods and towards Gold's house.
~~~
"Hello? Anyone home," (name) knocked on the front door to the cabin.
"Oh, hi (name)," Steven said quietly as he opened the door. "C'mon in. Just don't speak too loud, Gold's passed out."
"Ok," (name) whispered as she entered. "So he's still not feeling well..."
"No, he's been sleeping almost all day long."
"I see... can I see how he's doing?"
"Yeah, he's on the couch right now."
"Thanks," (name) said as she headed over to the couch.
Seeing Gold, (name)'s face softened. Wrapped in a fluffy blanket on the couch was Gold. His eye sockets had bags underneath them, his hat had fallen to the floor, and his hair covered most his face.
"Hi Gold," (name) gently whispered as the boy groggily woke up. "How are you feeling?"
"(Name)?" Gold questioned as he used the little energy to had to try and blow his hair out his face.
"That's me," (name) smiled, moving Gold's hair out his face for him.
"W-why are... you h-here," Gold paused to yawn.
"Well, I heard you weren't feeling well so I made you some food."
Gold nodded.
"I'll be right back, you stay here," (name) said as she got up to warm up the soup for Gold.
After warming up the soup on the stovetop, she brought it back to the couch and sat there for almost 30 minutes spoon-feeding Gold.
"...t-thanks," Gold said shyly.
"You don't need to thank me, Gold. Just feel better soon, ok?" (Name) kissed him on the forehead. "I have to get home. You go get some rest."
"O-ok... t-thanks, (name)," Gold gave a her warm smile before falling back asleep.
—————
994 words!