Part 2: Chapter 2

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Wednesday. 11:55 PM.
"Gold, are you sure you're going to do this?" Steven asked, full of concern.
"Y-yeah. I think it's going t-to be difficult to say goodbye t-to Exbo and Aibo, b-but something inside me is t-telling me that I should do t-this," Gold responded.
"Okay. But I'm going to ask again: are you sure?"
"Yeah. I'm sure," Gold said with more determination.
"..." Steven nodded silently in understanding.
Thursday December 2nd, at 12:00 AM: Gold entered his GameBoy for the last time.
~~~
The 24 hours within Pokémon Version Silver couldn't feel shorter.
Even though Gold tried to make the most of the time, even going so far as to limit himself to only 4 hours of sleep, the day went by too quickly.
When he first arrived in the GameBoy at 12:00 AM, Gold set an alarm for 4:00 AM and decided to sleep until then. When he woke up, Gold took a quick shower before going outside to meet with his pokémon partners: Exbo and Aibo.
Instead of making breakfast, Gold decided to take his Pokémon on a trip around the region.
First heading to Cherrygrove City, the group got ice cream for breakfast and ate together on the pier. At one point, Exbo's flames melted the Pokémon's ice cream. Luckily, Gold had plenty of money and got the Typhlosion a new one.
Next, the group headed north and went past Violet City until they arrived at the National Park at 9:00 AM. At the National Park, the group played hide and seek around the plaza before sitting at the fountain to cool down.
At 11:00 AM, Gold, Exbo, and Aibo went to Goldenrod City. In Goldenrod City, they sat down near the entrance to Ilex Forest and ate assorted picnic snacks.
Up to this point, the two pokémon had not yet caught on to why Gold was treating them to a day of fun. But, as they traveled through Ilex Forest to get to Azalea Town, the truth came out.
"You guys k-know how I told you a-about Red and how h-he disappeared?" Gold asked his partners which then looked at him in response. "Well, he didn't d-disappear. He just stopped g-going back into his g-game."
Gold stopped walking and clenched his fists tightly. Noticing the change in his demeanor, Exbo and Aibo went up to the boy and looked at him with concern.
"I-I wanted t-this to be a d-day full of fun b-because... because..." Gold couldn't find the words. "You two are m-my partners. My friends t-through thick and thin. And out t-there, in the 'real-world,' there's s-someone who makes me feel like that too. S-someone who makes me f-feel whole, makes m-me feel valued."
The Pokémon listened closely as Gold continued.
"A-and it's so frustrating that I-I can't hold h-her hands, that I can't m-make food for her, t-that I can't hold h-her in my arms and h-hug her," tears now began to flow down Gold's face. "T-there's a way I-I can do those things. There's a-a way I can be t-there for her... b-but it means I'll never be able to s-see you guys again."
Continuing his sobs, Gold found himself curled in a ball of the floor and with his face hidden in his arms. Noticing his weakened and vulnerable state, the Typhlosion and Aipom curled themselves up against Gold.
It their hearts and eyes, it was okay for Gold to move on; to meet new people and to leave them. In the pokémon's hearts and eyes, it wasn't abandonment, it was growth.
Until 12:45 PM, the three sat in the forest together; Gold crying while being consoled by his partners. At 1:15 PM, they arrived in Azalea Town.
In Azalea Town, the group sat around the well and took a nap in the sun together. Across the sky was a slight breeze, dropping down a few leaves onto the faces of Gold and Aibo and onto Exbo's back. When they woke up, the group was all cuddled around each other and it was 2:30 PM.
Giving both of the pokémon a handful of berries, Gold and his partners went north past the Ruins of Alph and towards Violet City. At the Ruins of Alph, Gold briefly stopped to see symbols spelling out the words "LEAVE" followed by a drawing of a Cyndaquil named "HURRY." Shuddering at the scary omen, he continued to Violet City.
By 4:00 PM, Gold decided to have an early dinner. Cooking stew on a camp stove he got at the convenience store, Gold and his partners cooked until 4:45 PM; after which, they all dug into one final meal.
~~~
"So, one hour left," Gold stated blankly with a slow flow of tears coming from his eyes.
Giving a low hum, Exbo grabbed Gold into a hug from behind. Comforting his friend, Exbo kept Gold's crying state close.
Aibo, noticing Gold's sadness, rummaged through the boys bag for a berry which the Aipom then handed to Gold.
"T-thanks," Gold said to both of his partners as he munched down on the sweet fruit. "I-I'm glad I get to spend the last hour here, with j-just you two."
Sitting on the top floor of the Sprout Tower, Gold, Exbo, and Aibo spent their last few minutes together. Hugging each other close, even as the sky pixelated, every member of the group found themselves flooded with memories and sadness.
And suddenly, there were no Pokémon in Gold's arms. The world white and blank. The only thing around being the save screen.
~~~
Friday. 12:10 AM.
Now out his GameBoy and limbless once again, Gold sat on the edge of his bed. Looking down and holding his breath, the floor was stained with his bloodied tears.
He had left his friends. His partners. A whole part of his life.
All of it now behind him.
But holding in some of the tears and looking up, Gold looked forward at what was in front of him. Looking at the one thing he had pinned to his wall, Gold's sadness was faced with hope.
And in that moment, Gold knew that he made the right choice:
Pinned to his wall was a photo that Steven took.
A photo of Gold and (name).
—————
1090 words.
(Sorry for the sad chapter)