Chapter 34

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

~~~
(Quick A/N)
Good things:

We hit a few milestones! Thanks for the comments, votes, and views everyone <3

Bad things:
I sprained both my wrists again (I think this is the 4th or 5th time since I started to write this story 4 months ago)
~~~
—————
Gold and R/Red parted ways with Cherry as they entered the parking lot. Finally reaching R's/Red's car and sitting in the vehicle, the limbless boy began to speak once every door was closed.
"Well, at least I won't get in trouble with Glitchy for getting home too late," Gold's voice began to crack as his disguise became more undone. Looking down, the aviator glasses fell from his face and onto his lap. It was only when Gold looked back up that his face began to crumble. Bloodied tears of worry and sadness flowed down from his eye sockets as his throat held back words. "..."
Maybe this is all fake. Just a horrible nightmare that we will all just wake up from soon. Yeah, none of this is real. (Name) isn't in a hospital bed. Gold thought as he bargained reality with himself. ... If only I was there for (name)...
...
R/Red did not know how to console the boy. How to tell Gold that (name) would be okay. R/Red couldn't say that, even if it was the truth because right now neither of them knew. Neither knew if (name) truly was going to be okay. Neither knew if the future would be bright.
So in silence, R/Red started the car; the only music being that of Gold's sobs. In silence, they drove home; their minds plagued with "what ifs" and guilt. In silence, R/Red parked the car in his driveway; realizing he still had to explain everything happening to Steven and Glitchy. Realizing he still had to relive the moment.
~~~
(After Cherry, R/Red, and Gold parted ways at the hospital)
Cherry got into her car, riddled with guilt and anxiety. How could she have not noticed her friend's mental health suffering? How did she miss the signs that (name) was becoming more and more suicidal?
As glad as Cherry was that (name) was alive, she also realized that even after (name) gets out the hospital it still wouldn't be the end. (Name) would still have her mind plagued with pain and with guilt. With depression and suffering, and maybe even a second shot at suicide.
Maybe if... Cherry began to think. Maybe if there was mental health awareness and care at schools... Maybe if school therapists actually did their jobs... Maybe if (name) got the mental help she needed...
Maybe (name) wouldn't be in a hospital bed right now.
Her "what ifs" were unbacked claims. Knowing she couldn't change the past, Cherry was only able to imagine scenarios in her head.
There was still a battle to fight, even after (name) recovers. Parking her car at her home, Cherry decided: if the school won't help people get mental health care, then I will.
Rushing out her car and into her house, Cherry sat down at a computer and wrote down her idea:
'Suicide and Mental Health Awareness Fundraiser'
'Money will go to providing therapy and mental health care to any students on the school's suicide watch list as well as any students with mental illnesses that cannot afford treatment.'
~~~
Monday. 8:30 AM.
Getting into his disguise, Gold impatiently waited to see (name). After he had gotten ready, it took another few minutes for R/Red to start up the car and finally get the two of them on the road to the hospital.
By the time they were in (name)'s room, it was just past 9:45 AM. She more or less looked the same as yesterday, the only changes being that her wounds were redressed in new bandages and that the swelling on her bruises had decreased ever so slightly.
R/Red and Gold sat next to each other, overlooking (name)'s fragile state. Most of the day was spent in silence for them, not even greeting the nurses who would periodically check in on (name). For almost all of Monday, Gold cried.
Although his tears were dry and hidden, he cried and sobbed all the same. His eye sockets would water but nothing would come out.
Gold felt ashamed; (name), his friend and crush who he (somehow mustered up the courage to) ask on a date, was in front of him and in pain and yet no tears came flowing from his face.
~~~
Tuesday. 7:45 AM.
"Hey Gold, get ready to go," Steven said.
The night prior, R/Red explained that he had to go in-person for work on Tuesday and Wednesday. This meant that if Gold wanted to see (name) in the hospital, someone else would have to drive him.
Volunteering to drive Gold on Tuesday, Steven carried the wheelchair through the woods and put it in the Golf-Car for Tuesday.
Similar to Gold, Steven had a disguise too. Instead off wearing his trademark red hat and vest, Steven had his long hair pulled back in a ponytail and was wearing a black tee-shirt and dark jeans.
Rather than the morning being filled with gloom, it was filled with bitter happiness and laughter. Joking about how much Steven looked like a girl, everyone laughed at the thought of him in a dress.
The laughter and happiness; however, came with a bitter taste. Everyone in the room knew that (name) would've laughed at the joke. She probably would've made the joke in the first place had she been here.
And so, the happiness turned sour and to sadness.
Steven drove Gold to the hospital and they sat in (name)'s room. For Steven, this was his first time seeing (name) since Sunday morning. It had been around 51 hours since the ambulance arrived for (name). During those 51 hours, her appearance had changed from the corpse-like state it had after the fall; (name)'s bruises, while still present, were not infected and swollen. Her wounds, which were exposed and gnarled, were now dressed in bandages and recovering.
From Steven's perspective, she was healing.
From Gold's perspective, she looked the same as when she was first admitted to the hospital. His vision of the truth blocked by a mixture of worry and paranoia that (name) wouldn't wake up.
"Hey, let's try something to cheer up. Okay?" Steven suggested, noticing the downtrodden look on Gold's face.
"W-what do you mean?" Gold replied with a confused expression.
"Let's tell happy stories about (name); knowing her, she probably wouldn't want us all gloomy. I'll go first," Steven smiled lightly. "One time, when Glitchy dragged you to the side during ONE, (name) and I went through the entire deck of cards and grabbed every single 4+ card and exchanged our decks for just those cards. When you and Glitchy got back, neither of you suspected a thing and so then (name) stacked all of them and gave Glitchy 36 more cards!"
"I-I get it. Um... o-one time (name) and I worked together to s-steal the red pieces from you and G-Glitchy because you two k-kept fighting over who gets to play a-as red. S-she ended up taking both the red and yellow pieces f-for us while you two h-had to fight between g-green and blue."
"I remember that! No way in hell was I playing blue!"
"Y-yeah..." Gold smiled faintly before returning to a frown.
~~~
Wednesday. 7:45 AM.
Glitchy was very cautious about visiting the hospital. Unlike Gold and Steven, who could use a disguise, Glitchy had to be careful about his every move. Talking could glitch his face into a dislocated or unnatural position and walking around could temporarily distort the air around him.
Aware of this fact, Glitchy didn't try hard on his disguise. The only change being that he changed his normal hat for an all black hat and that he took off his usual jacket.
When him and Gold got to the hospital, Gold ended up doing all the talking despite his stutter and introverted nature.
After heading up to (name)'s room, the boys simply sat there until Gold finally talked.
"H-hi (name), I know y-you're asleep right now and you p-probably won't hear this, b-but I want to say that I-I'm sorry," Gold held back a crack in his voice. "I'm sorry I wasn't t-there for you w-when you needed it. I'm s-sorry I never noticed just how much y-you were struggling. I'm sorry I-I never told you that... I-I really love you, (name). So, p-please, if you c-can hear me... p-please wake up."
~~~
Thursday. 7:45 AM.
—————
1431 words!

(Not) Quick A/N:
In Chapter 29, Gold experienced denial (because he was in shock at (name)'s injury)
In Chapter 33, Gold experienced anger (at the doctor because visitation hours got cut short)
In this chapter, Gold experienced bargaining (by saying "what ifs" and trying to change the past)
In this chapter, Gold experienced depression (on Monday)
In this chapter, Gold experienced acceptance (on Wednesday by finally fully acknowledging the state that (name) is in)
Do the underlined words look familiar?
I think Gold just went through the 5 stages of grief... (and I didn't even realize until I wrote when he experienced depression and was like "wait a second...")