Chapter 13

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
The school day was finishing up and (name) waited patiently for the bell. Her teachers had given absurd amounts of weekend homework and she couldn't wait to get home so she could finish it all. (So that her weekend is free, not because (name) enjoys having homework).
Staring at the clock watching the minute hand click by, the hour hand moved closer and closer to 3:00. (Name) slowly and silently started packing up hoping that she wouldn't be caught packing up before the bell. Luckily, the bell rang as she began to zip the loudest zipper on her backpack.
She swung her belongings over her shoulder and headed out into the hallway and towards the door. Waving goodbye to Cherry, who had passed by (name) in the halls, (name) began to head home. She swiftly left the front of the building and the school yard as she marched towards the wavy road and her lovely home.
The walk was very mundane at first but after feeling a buzz in her pocket, (name) fetched her phone to see a text on an old group chat with her, R, and Cherry.
"You guys want to hike to the abandoned buildings again over the weekend," R's text read.
"Sure! I have homework so maybe we can meet on Saturday," Cherry quickly replied.
"Great!" R responded.
(Name) looked down at her phone thinking of what to write. She then quickly typed and sent the words 'I'm free on Sunday.'
"I can't do Sunday, going on date with boyfriend." Cherry sent frown emojis.
'Ok, I'll try to free up Saturday night then' (name) sent back.
"If that screws up your schedule we can postpone for another weekend." R sent back to (name).
'It's fine, got to go now, bye.' (Name) wrote into the chat before sliding her phone back into her pocket.
She was approaching the gas station and was on high alert. (Name) slipped her hood over her face and gazed at the floor as she walked by. As she got closer, (name) could hear the voice of the pierced man talking to someone else. Although she was tempted to glance over, she continued towards home. Ignoring the voices of the two men who were now yelling at each other, (name) tensed up and walked faster.
Please don't notice me, she silently begged as the sound got quieter and quieter until she was far enough away.
~~~
After crossing the road, (Name) started down the street towards her house, glancing over her shoulder to make sure no one was following her.
The wind whistled, slamming a leaf into (name)'s face. Swatting it off, she looked up into the trees. The majority of the leaves were green and a few were yellow and orange. Looking over her shoulder one last time, (Name) took a deep breath of air and let out a sigh. I should ask Cherry for a taser for the hooded and pierced guy... I mean for the cat.
(Name) smiled at her own joke as she entered her house and started on her homework.
~~~
It had gotten dark out and (name) finally finished the endless pile of homework that was due on Monday. She stood up and leaned back as she interlocked her hands and stretched.
(Name) then sat on the edge of her bed and slowly blinked before letting out a small yawn and turning towards the window. "Damn it."
The window was still open from when she snuck out earlier in the week.
Getting up to finally close it, (Name) noticed a small piece of paper on her windowsill. She grabbed it with her left hand before closing the window and sitting down on her bed.
Curiously opening the paper she saw a set of illegible words in blue marker. This must be Gold's handwriting... or whatever he uses to write. (Name) concluded as she worked to decipher the note.
"ONE at 11:00 am Saturday?" She muttered upon figuring out the message. "Why not, I've nothing better to do."
She then plugged in her phone and tucked the note underneath it before closing her eyes and curling up on her bed.
~~~
Saturday. 9:00am.
Sitting in her bed and staring at the wall, (name) felt exhausted. She rolled off her bed and staggered towards her dresser before taking out the same pair of clothes she had on earlier in the week.
She then put the clothes down neatly before quickly taking a shower and getting ready.
Once she finished preparing, (name) sat on her bed and read on her phone until it was 10:15. Once it was, she slipped on her boots and escaped into the woods.
~~~
"(Name)! Y-you made it!" Gold beamed as (name) entered the clearing.
(Name) waved back and smiled. "So, you ready to lose?"
"Are y-you?" They both grinned.
Steven silently dealt out the two decks of cards and slid one to (name) before picking up Gold's deck.
~~~
"Man! I could play this all day!" (Name) laughed as she won another round.
"Y-you're cheating," Gold pouted before whipping his head to the side to not look at (name).
"I'm not cheating, I'll prove it," she pointed at the newly dealt cards. "You can pick which deck you want AND if you go first or second."
Gold turned back. "T-then I'll take the one closer to y-you and will go... hmm... I-I'll go first!"
Steven fanned out the deck in front of Gold and him while (name) picked up her deck to reveal three wild cards, a reverse, a blue two, and two skips.
~~~
"Cheater!" Gold grumbled as he accepted his defeat. "I-I declare a rematch."
"I accept your challenge," (name) jested.
The two looked at each other and laughed. (Name) leaned forward to grab her deck of cards before suddenly stopping. Everything went silent.
"Deal me in too, Steven," a familiar raspy voice barked from behind (name).
"Oh... h-h-hi G-Glitchy..." Gold croaked in fear while (name) nervously started sweating
—————
1006 words!