Part 2: Chapter 5

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Wednesday. 3:10 PM.
Unlike yesterday where she stopped at the store, (name) went home directly after school today. After saying goodbye to Cherry, she hid her backpack outside her house and rushed into the woods immediately.
Walking for a little over an hour, (name) was determined to check on Gold's condition. Yesterday he had looked so despondent that it worried (name).
Normally, Gold would be cheerfully floating around. Sometimes making silly remarks and other times making evil plans to get back at Steven and Glitchy.
But yesterday, Gold barely spoke and stayed where he was on the couch. Whatever sickness could make someone that exhausted was scary to (name). Paranoid that Gold would stay exhausted, (name) was more than determined to find out what was wrong.
~~~
"Glitchy, outside, now!" Steven yelled at the other boy.
"Why?" Glitchy complained.
"Do you want to ruin Gold's little plan thing?"
"...fine," Glitchy growled as he and Steven quickly went outside to intercept (name) before she could knock on the cabin door.
"Hi Glitchy, hi Steven! How's Gold feeling?" (Name) asked as she walked up to them.
"Well we are like 90% sure that he's contagious now," Glitchy lied.
"Wait what?! Is he okay?"
"He'll be fine, he has been quarantined to his room," Steven technically told the truth.
"Does he need anything? Are you two okay? What happened?"
"(Name), chill out," Glitchy said before making up a plausible lie as to what happened. "He just started coughing a lot around noon so then we put him in his room because I don't want to get sick. And for the past 4 and a half hours we've been disinfecting everything."
"So I'm assuming I can't see him right now," (name) looked down with her face full of worry.
"He wouldn't want you to get sick, (name)," Steven said in a calm tone. "I have an idea, come with me for a second."
"Ok?" (Name) followed Steven with a puzzled look.
"Hey Gold," Steven raised his voice, knocking on a window covered by curtains.
"W-what?" Gold asked from inside, his voice barely audible.
"Guess who I brought?" Steven teased.
"..."
"Hi, Gold! How are you feeling?" (name) said.
"(Name)?!" Gold's voice sounded surprised. "W-well I have t-to stay in my room..."
"Steven and Glitchy were telling me. Are you still tired."
"Not as m-much as yesterday but y-yeah," Gold sheepishly spoke. "I um g-got to go now (name), I-I should probably be r-resting."
"Ok, feel better," (name) felt a wave of relief. "Thanks, Steven."
"Don't mention it," Steven smiled. "You want me or Glitchy to drive you home? It's a lot faster than walking."
"No, but thanks. You guys still have to clean up probably."
"(Name), for my sake say yes because all that's left is dusting. I DON'T WANT TO DUST," Steven whispered to (name), shaking at the thought of dust.
"Well in that case, I'll be glad to take you up on your offer."
"I'll go tell Glitchy, you wait here."
"Ok," (name) said as she watched Steven walk over to Glitchy.
"Can I have the car key?" Steven asked Glitchy.
"Why?" Glitchy asked in a monotone voice.
"(Name) walked at least an hour to get here, she might not need her crutches anymore but it probably isn't good for her to walk that much."
"Here," Glitchy handed Steven the key to the golf-car. "Don't take forever."
"Thanks," Steven said, grabbing the key before walking over to (name). "Let's go, (name)."
~~~
"She's gone now, Gold," Glitchy said as he entered the cabin and walked over to Gold's bedroom.
"T-that wasn't scary in the slightest," Gold sighed. "Thanks for k-keeping (name) outside, it would be a s-shame if the surprise got ruined."
"Thank Steven, not me," Glitchy opened the door to Gold's room. "How's your progress going?"
"Gold's progress is not that far, Glitchy," Red chimed in.
"You gonna answer or not, Gold?" Glitchy asked, ignoring Red.
"D-did you not hear w-what Red just said?" Gold asked, slightly annoyed.
"Sorry, I can't hear stupid," Glitchy said, referring to Red.
"..." Gold and Red were speechless.
"Look, y-you wanna see my progress? I've m-made like none," Gold looked down off the side of his bed.
~~~
A few hours earlier (11:45 AM)
Waking up after sleeping for almost 16 hours straight, Gold felt weird. Instead of having no sensation past his shoulders, he felt the fluffy blanket he fell asleep in.
Habitually trying to float out his bed, Gold found himself unable. Instead he was met with shock as looked down at his arms to see...
Wait a second, arms?! Gold frantically thought before yelling. "S-STEVEN?! G-GLITCHY?!"
"What do you want Gol— HOLY SHIT," Steven asked as he walked into Gold's room, cutting himself off when he saw Gold. "Glitchy, turn off the oven and get your ass in here!"
"What's wrong now Gol— WHAT THE FUCK?!" Glitchy said as he entered Gold's room.
"W-what do I do?!" Gold began to panic.
"Gold, it's fine, you knew you were gonna have limbs if you stopped recharging so why are you freaking out so much?" Glitchy tried to calm down Gold.
"Because I'm n-not used to having... w-well, ARMS and LEGS except for when I'm recharging."
"Try standing up," Steven said.
"O-ok," Gold positioned himself to get off his bed.
One leg at a time he put his feet on the floor and stood up. Then without warning all of Gold's limbs disappeared and he fell to the floor with a thud.
"Oh shit! You good, Gold?" Steven said as he and Glitchy rushed over to help Gold up.
"Owww..." Gold groaned as Steven and Glitchy helped him back onto his bed.
"Glitchy, go get Red," Steven ordered.
"WHY ME?" Glitchy complained.
"Just go..." Steven said full of disappointment.
"Next time you get him!" Glitchy said as he left to get Red.
~~~
Present (5:00 PM)
Like before, Gold stood up. The only difference between this time and last time was that now Red was there and standing beside Gold to catch him.
Within less than 3 seconds of standing up, Gold's limbs disappeared again. But unlike last time, he didn't fall to the floor.
Red quickly caught Gold until Gold was floating and didn't need help.
"See, s-so much progress," Gold said sarcastically.
"No, that's good Gold. When you stood up a few hours ago, you didn't even last a second. But you lasted like 2 seconds right now!" Glitchy consoled.
"Mhm, thanks," Gold said, not actually meaning it.
—————
1106 words