Part 2: Chapter 10

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Hesitating slightly, (name) entered the office and sat in the dark leather chair closest to her. As soon as she sat, the door behind her slammed itself shut, causing (name) to flinch slightly.
Watching the tall swivel chair turn around, (name) found herself looking up at a creature that was in between that of a monster and a human. Lacking a face, its head was a blank white sheet: no eyes, no mouth, no nose, and no ears.
Dressed in a black suit, the lanky figure had abnormally long arms and legs. He had to have been at least 12 feet tall because sitting down in his chair, (name) was required to look up at an unnatural angle in order to make what would be eye contact with the figure, if it had eyes.
There was a tense silence. Neither (name) nor the figure spoke; both just stared at the other, their gazes burning holes into the focus of their attention.
Then, a whirring static noise filled the room and in (name)'s head she could hear words being spoken to her.
"What is your name, child?" The figure asked.
"(Name) (Last Name)," (name) said nervously, her voice quivering slightly. She wanted to ask who he was, but the thought was stopped in her brain before it could be heard out of her mouth.
The figure though, did not care whether the words were spoken or not. (Name)'s question got across to him regardless.
"I am Slenderman, the owner of this mansion."
"H-how did you know—"
"The question you were thinking?" Slenderman finished (name)'s sentence for her. (Name) nodded. "I heard your thoughts."
"...ok," (name) was a bit nervous, not even her mind felt safe.
~~~
After getting over her nerves, (name)'s 'interview' finally began.
"How did you meet Lost Silver?" Slenderman started with.
"How did I meet Gold?" (Name) restated the question, swapping the name Lost Silver for Gold because she was more used to it. "I found a GameBoy in the woods and I looked around a bit but nobody was there so I took it. The next night I met Gold, Steven, and Glitchy who fully intended to kill me. But I'm still alive so that's nice."
"..." he neither nodded nor spoke. Slenderman only listened, without any form of reaction to (name)'s words. "Did you tell anyone after that?"
"No, if I'm being honest I was terrified of telling anyone. I don't have many... scratch that, aside from Cherry and R I don't have any friends. So I didn't have anyone to tell anyways. Not that I would though because if I told someone Steven would probably have strangled me to death."
"..." once again he didn't speak, only taking note of (name)'s answer. "What was your initial reaction when you kept finding yourself interacting with creepypastas?"
"..." I hesitated. "At first I didn't want to deal with it. Back then, I just wanted to have no part whatsoever with the creepypastas. But after hanging out with them, I guess they grew on me. We all got closer over card games and board games and then next thing I knew, we were close knit friends."
~~~
The questioning continued for what felt like hours but was likely only 30 minutes in reality. Despite this, (name) felt more and more apprehensive with each response. Were her answers not good enough? Would she fail?
If she were to fail, what would happen to her? Would she get killed? Would she get tortured? Would she never get to see Gold again?
(Name) had stopped caring if Slenderman could read her mind; even if he knew her concerns and panicked thoughts, she had a valid point.
Finally, (name) was taken out of her thoughts by Slenderman's next words:
"Final question," his voice filled her head. "If there is one thing about Lost Silver that you would change, what would it be and why?"
(Name) stared Slenderman in the face and collected her thoughts into words.
"I love Gold for who he is: he's funny, he's caring, he's pretty cool, and even though he doesn't always act it, he's also mischievous," I smiled as I spoke about Gold. "He is cute, even if he stutters and gets all nervous sometimes. He tries to cook for me even though he has no limbs. The way his face lights up when he is having a conversation is adorable too. I know you want me to say what I would change about Gold, but I really wouldn't change him for the world. I love Gold for how he is on the inside, even if he looked entirely different I would love him just the same. He would be the same silly guy that I came to love.
So I wouldn't change anything, sorry if that isn't the answer you were looking for."
"..." Slenderman paused to think, this time actually shifting slightly. While it can never be for certain, maybe (name)'s answer made him feel something inside him.
When Slenderman finally spoke, the words resonated in (name)'s head. Filling her with a sense of anticipation and worry, Slenderman had said "and now for the results"
—————
863 words.