Part 2: Chapter 3

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Sitting on his bed for hours and just crying, Gold did not leave his room until 7:00 AM when the smell of French toast wafted in from the kitchen. When he did leave, he sat at the table in silence.
Staring down and breathing shakily, Gold didn't notice when Glitchy placed a plate of food in front of him. The soulless look on Gold's face being one of sadness and denial.
"Gold, eat your food. It'll get cold," Glitchy said, concerned for him.
"O-ok..." Gold looked up with a despondent gaze before nibbling at the food on his plate. "T-thanks..."
"You know, Gold, let's be positive," Steven softened his voice to a hopeful tone as he tried to cheer up Gold. "Think about the good things from this."
"S-Steven, you wouldn't understand," Gold's sadness turned to anger. "Why do I have to pick between seeing my best friends and hugging (name)?! Why do I have to abandon my pokémon to hold her hand?! Why does the world make me have to CHOOSE between something that you have as a given?! YOU can hug Glitchy whenever you want! YOU can see your Charizard Miki whenever you want! YOU get BOTH of the things whereas I have to PICK. Do you know how difficult it was to say goodbye to Exbo and Aibo?! NO STEVEN, YOU DON'T! BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO PICK BETWEEN THE PERSON YOU LOVE AND YOUR BEST FRIEND!"
Steven stood there, hearing out all of Gold's anger until Gold started to cry again as he choked out his last sentence:
"So d-don't tell me to 'be positive,' j-just let me nibble m-my toast in peace..."
"..." Steven looked at Gold speechlessly and decided it was best to leave Gold alone so he could have some time to recover. Sitting on the other side of the table, Steven ate his food in silence and sat there when finished.
Once everyone had finished their food, Steven grabbed everyone's plates and did the dishes. The sour words that Gold had said, echoing in his mind.
Gold was right, Steven didn't have to choose.
~~~
Friday. 11:00 AM.
"H-hey Steven," Gold looked down, his face covered in shame. "I-I'm sorry about yelling at y-you earlier."
Steven looked at Gold, quickly hiding the shock on his face since he was not expecting an apology. "It's fine, Gold, you have the right to be angry."
"...sorry," Gold apologized again. "... H-hey Steven?"
"What?"
"Do y-you know where Glitchy w-went? He left right a-after breakfast."
"He left at what? 8:00? It's an hour and 15 minute walk to where he was going and another hour and 15 back. Considering that he probably procrastinated because he hates Red, it probably took him 30 minutes to drag Red out his house and another 30 on top of the normal walk to drag him here... so Glitchy should be here with Red in about 30 minutes if not less."
"W-with Red? Why?"
Steven facepalmed. "Gold, if anyone knows anything about what you're doing with the whole 'no more recharging' thing, who would it be?"
"... Red?"
"Ding ding ding! Congratulations you win!" Steven said sarcastically.
"... c-can I take back my apology?"
~~~
"I'm back!" Glitchy said as he slammed open the door.
"Care to explain why you're trying to break your front door?" Red asked as he walking in behind Glitchy.
"Shut up!" Glitchy growled in response.
"It's a wonder that you two haven't killed each other yet, good job," Steven said in a monotonous voice while giving Red and Glitchy two thumbs up.
"So, where's Gold?" Red asked.
"Being all depresso expresso on the couch... again," Steven sighed while pointing.
Red nodded in thanks as he made his way to the couch where Gold was.
"You okay?" Red sat next to Gold.
"Nope!" Gold said in a way too enthusiastic tone.
"..." Red stayed silent while thoughts flooded his mind. Shit! What do I say now?! Why didn't I read that wiki-how on how to communicate with other people...
"S-so... w-why are you um h-here?" Gold questioned.
"Well, I'm here to give you the good news and the bad news that Steven and Glitchy don't know about."
"W-what do you mean by that?"
"Well, spend this whole week having as much fun as you can because after that it's downhill for 3 weeks."
"I'm s-sorry, what?" Gold gave Red a deadpanned stare.
"After you skip recharging by a few days, you'll be tired but fine. But after a week, you'll be exhausted as hell and probably sleep for 20 hours every day for 2 or 3 days. After that you'll magically have limbs but there's a catch, they'll disappear and reappear just like that. So then for the next week and a half after that, you need to figure out how to have your limbs not disappear randomly."
"... w-where's the good part?"
"The good part is that you still get a whole week until the annoying and painful part!" Red smiled.
"...ok," Gold blinked slowly. "W-When does the tiredness end?"
"Think realistically Gold, it never ends. You can have the best night's sleep in the world and still be tired, that's just how it works," Red answered before realizing that Gold didn't mean the question that way. "But in terms of tiredness from this, I'd say it's completely gone after about 5 days of having limbs."
"...ok."
~~~
After meeting with Red, Gold decided how he would spend his week:
Operation 'spend as much time with (name) as possible before the exhaustion settles in'
—————
946 words!