Chapter 11

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
6:00 AM, Thursday.
The GameBoy startup sound played as Gold disappeared into the small device.
Opening his eyes in his copy of Pokémon Silver, the world around Gold lit up and slowly changed from pixels into actual objects. Bright and vibrant colors turned more natural and mute as the sign in front of Gold became more smooth and realistic as it began to read 'New Bark Town.' Stretching back, Gold's arms and legs began to materialize into the world around him. Into the copy of Pokémon Silver which he originated from.
Using his newfound legs he sprinted into the town where he was greeted by a group of ecstatic Pokémon. The small Aipom used its tail to latch onto Gold's leg while the Typhlosion, which towered over the boy, bent down to greet him.
The Aipom swung around Gold and pulled itself up onto his head, pushing Gold's hair and hat over his eyes.
"Aibo! S-stop that!" He laughed while he pushed his hat up and his hair back.
The Aipom, which he called Aibo, grinned and hopped down from Gold before letting the Typhlosion have a turn to say hello.
Noticing the creature's happy expression, Gold smiled and bumped the Typhlosion lightly. "I-It's good to see y-you too, Exbo!"
Gold's two partners frolicked around him as he made his way to his small house and stopped in front of the door. Pausing to take a breath and admire the sunrise, he pushed open the door to reveal staircase and a table were a woman was waiting.
Looking only in one direction and not moving, every time Gold had tried to interact with the woman she repeated the same lines.
Unlike the Pokémon which had personalities of their own, the people were just NPCs. Only programmed to say and behave in a certain way.
Some have it worse than others though. Glitchy's game is so corrupt that it stays as pixels and there is nothing to do whatsoever. Silver can't move or make noise thanks to Feraligatr. And Blake can't even leave the mountaintop when he recharges. Gold and Steven have it good compared to them. They can interact with with NPCs. It may not be a real conversation but at least they have something to do; not to mention, they can travel around the region.
After trying to interact with the woman and getting the same message every time, Gold opened the fridge and cabinets. Eggs, Butter, Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Vanilla Extract, and Buttermilk. He grabbed them all along with a bowl, spatula, and a pan.
Tossing the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl, he grabbed a whisk and measuring cup out of the drawer. He then poured the buttermilk, eyeballed the vanilla, and cracked an egg into the measuring cup. Whisking the wet ingredients, he used his hands to dig a well in the dry ingredients as he picked up the measuring cup and allowed the milk, egg, and vanilla to trickle into the dough.
Using the whisk, he mixed the batter together while whipping air into the mixture until it was just combined.
Turning on the stove, he melted the butter on the pan and waited for small bubbles to form. He then cracked the raw eggs into the pan and waited for them to be cooked through. Gold slid the sunny side up eggs onto a plate and then put pancake batter onto the pan. Waiting for the edges to slightly brown and for the air pockets in the pancake to start popping, Golds eyes widened.
Swiftly sliding the spatula underneath the pancake and flipping it, he repeated the process until he used up all the batter and had a full stack of pancakes and eggs.
Gold turned off the stove and brought his towering plate of food to the couch in the living room where he began to eat.
I can cook just fine, Glitchy! Gold huffed as he stuffed the pancakes down his throat. Still angered by his failure to whisk eggs the day prior, Gold felt a sense of accomplishment. These are good... I wish (name) could try them.
~~~
Gold pushed his now-wet hair back as he slipped on a grey hoodie and shorts. Leaving the shower door open, steam filled the room behind him.
He walked over to his room where he grabbed a pair of black socks and crowned himself with his sun-bleached black and yellow cap.
He had been in the game for almost four hours now and still wanted to do so much. Gold slid on a pair of checkered flats and rushed out the door to where Aibo and Exbo were curled up against a tree.
Upon hearing him, their heads perked up and they began to follow the boy.
"Next s-stop: Cherrygrove Town!" Gold exclaimed as the group marched toward the next town.
Instead of encountering the typical tall grass, he was met with water. 'The water is dyed a deep blue, would you like to use surf?'
"Y-yes?"
A red Gyarados surfaced from the water and roared at Gold. It then launched itself at Gold and held him up by the hoodie. As he was being dragged away, the Aipom grabbed on to Gold and the Typhlosion returned itself to its pokéball.
~~~
"W-where are w-we going?!" The wind turned Gold's face inside out as he screamed.
The Gyarados was swiftly moving him over the water and there was no land to be seen. A few minutes passed and Gold became quiet. The water was vast and seemed to go out forever but Gold already had an idea of where he was going.
Kanto is next to Johto.
Thinking he must of made a wrong turn heading to the ocean instead of Cherrygrove Town, Gold succumbed to his faith and patiently waited.
The water had darker and lighter patches. Small water Pokémon would jump out occasionally but the ride to Kanto was mostly uneventful.
Finally arriving at Cinnabar Island, Gold and Aibo were dropped face-first onto the ground by the red creature (which fled as soon as they arrived).
The Typhlosion popped out of its pokéball and grunted at Gold and Aibo telling them to follow it. The creature then headed to the beach where it laid its body across the sand as if to say 'we are having a beach day whether you like it or not.'
Gold chuckled and smiled at Exbo before sitting down on the hot sand. "Beach day it is!"
~~~
Asleep in the pokécenter, the group was running out of time. Gold only needed to recharge for thirty more minutes before leaving.
The world began to slowly fall apart. Aibo the Aipom let out a small yelp as it faded into dust. Followed by Aibo, Exbo began to disappear. The Typhlosion hugged up against Gold before fully disappearing.
The world turned more and more pixelated and Gold returned to his pale and limbless appearance.
As the world became bright, the screen of the GameBoy which Gold was currently inside of turned white and displayed the text 'would you like to save your adventure so far? Yes...No.' On the small device —which was sitting alone on Gold's bed in the real world— Gold's sprite floated across the screen to the word 'Yes' before slamming the bloody bone that made up the top-half of his left arm into the option to save. Immediately after the button was hit, the screen turned black and the GameBoy turned off.
—————
1259 words!