Chapter 30

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Steven instinctively latched his arms around Glitchy's and held the taller boy back to where R was just out of reach.
Had Steven not stopped Glitchy, R— or rather, Red— would have definitely been beaten into a pulp.
"Glitchy, we need answers. Not more injuries. I know you hate Red, but now isn't the time." Steven reasoned.
After hearing Steven's serious tone, Glitchy continued to glare daggers at R/Red; however, Glitchy put down his fists to communicate with words rather than actions.
Seeing this, the scowl left R's/Red's face.
"Red... What the fuck happened to you?" Glitchy growled.
"I'll tell you later," R/Red dodged the question. "And in front of (name), Cherry, and anyone else who knows me: my name is R."
Glitchy gave the boy a menacing look before nodding in understanding. "If you don't answer the question later, I'm beating the crap out of you no matter what Steven does to convince me not to."
"Right, yeah. It's nice to see you guys too." R/Red said in a sarcastic tone. "I'm driving to the hospital to see if (name) is okay. Bye."
R/Red started to walk into the woods and towards his house. Only a few steps into the woods he felt something poke his back.
"I-I'm going too! I w-want to see if (name) is o-okay too!" Gold said with a determined look.
"Gold, how do you suppose we get you into the hospital?" R/Red deadpanned.
"W-what do you mean?... oh." Gold looked down at himself. "Yeah, I-I guess it would be weird for every other p-person there if I w-went into the hospital to visit (name) and I was just kinda floating."
"You don't say." R/Red wanted to facepalm.
~~~
After finishing the walk up to his house, R/Red noticed the three boys were still following him. Realizing they were not going to leave him alone, R/Red let the boys follow him into his house.
"W-why can't I check if (name) is o-okay?" Gold pouted.
"She'll be fine, Gold." Steven consoled. "Red will tell us her condition when he gets back, right Red?"
R/Red silently nodded.
"And if she's not okay or if Red doesn't tell us her condition..." Glitchy cracked his knuckles. "Right, Red?"
R/Red nodded again, this time with a nervous smile.
"Please. I-if I find a way to go c-can I please go?" Gold begged.
"If you can even find a way then fine. But if you find a way and anything so much as happens to you then I going to—." Glitchy's face turned dark with malice.
"He's going to make sure you're okay and do nothing. Yeah, that's definitely what he was going to say," Steven interrupted Glitchy by covering his mouth. "You go think of something with Red, Gold. I need to have a little talk with Glitchy outside."
Steven dragged Glitchy by the ear out the front door and closed it behind him.
"What?" Glitchy grumbled.
"I know you hate him. But we can't kill him."
"Why not? Look at him, he's..." Glitchy pointed as he couldn't find the words.
"I know. To be honest, I wonder how he did it. Red disappears what, 4 years ago now, and we find him and he... he..." Steven couldn't phrase the next words.
"He has all his limbs, he speaks, he has the skin on his face," Glitchy completed the sentence
"It's like he's human."
"Yeah... so can I kill him?"
"No, Glitchy. This may be Red to us, but look at him. He isn't the same person: he's (name)'s friend, he has a job, he has a house, he..."
"He's R," Glitchy said in a despondent voice.
"Yeah. He's definitely Red, but he's not the same asshole as he was four years ago."
"Fine! I won't kill him," Glitchy reluctantly declared. "But one slip up on his part and..." he ran his hand in a cutting motion across his throat.
"Now let's go see what Red and Gold came up with, if anything at all," Steven smiled, knowing he had won the conversation with Glitchy.
~~~
(A few minutes earlier).
Steven shut the door behind him to talk to Glitchy, leaving Gold and R/Red alone together.
At first thinking in silence, Gold wondered how he could get into the hospital undetected. How easy it would be if he could just walk in like a normal person. Pondering about how to hide his lack of limbs, Gold decided he would need to be sitting in something.
"D-do you have a wheelchair, Red?" The boy shyly spoke up.
"I might, let me go check the storage space."
R/Red opened a door to a cluttered room and entered it. Closing the door behind him, R/Red turned on the lights and began to head deeper into the room. He checked under piles of papers and old furniture, finding ancient books and notes from when he was a senior in high school.
Heading further into the back of the room, he noticed a wheel cushioned between an old armoire and the wall. R/Red carefully slid it out to reveal an old foldable wheelchair. He then proceeded to carry it back through the storage space and out to his living room.
"What's the plan?" R/Red asked, opening up the chair in front of Gold.
"Well, if I-I'm in a wheelchair I'm n-not floating. I'm not sure how to hide my b-bones or eye sockets though," Gold sheepishly admitted.
"I might have an idea actually..." R/Red smiled as Glitchy and Steven entered the building again. "Steven, can you help me out with this?"
R/Red picked up a jacket off a shelf nearby and helped Gold slip it on.
"We'll tie knots on the sleeves," R/Red told Steven. "If anyone asks what happened to your arms and legs, Gold, just lie about some accident or something."
When the knots were finished, R/Red walked away to get a pair of pants. Throwing it at Steven, R/Red left again to find something else.
Heading back into the storage room, R/Red searched around for a pair of shades. Grabbing a dusty pair of black reflective aviators (the cool sunglasses pilots wear) he blew them off and returned to put them on Gold.
"Gold, sit in the chair for a moment," Steven said "Glitchy, does he pass the test? Is he allowed to go visit (name)?"
"Be back at the house before dinner, Gold," Glitchy ordered.
"S-so I can go check o-on (name)?!" Gold was surprised. "What a-are we waiting for, l-let's go!"
"The wheelchair doesn't take up that much room in my car, there will be a seat open, are you sure one of you doesn't want to come?" R/Red asked Glitchy and Steven.
"We'll stay behind, thanks Red," Steven replied.
"If you fuck this up I'm going to kill you," Glitchy smiled dangerously.
"Okay..." R/Red said slowly. "I guess that's my cue to go now. Let's go, Gold."
—————
1190 words!
(Quick A/N) R, or I guess Red, will be referred to as R/Red for a bit.