Chapter 81

"I'll deal with her later" Colby told me as we walked back downstairs. I knew he was talking about Mandi.

When we entered the living room, Corey was holding Ryker and we decided it was time for Maddie to meet him.

I sat down and sat Maddie on my lap as Colby took Ry from Sam and brought him over to us. Sam followed with the camera.

"Look Mads, that's baby Ryker... that's your baby brother" I told her and Colby held him in her lap.

She grabbed his shirt and I lightly laughed. "No, we gotta be gentle remember" I said and she took her hand away as she looked at me.

"Gentle Maddie" Colby said and she leaned to kiss his head.

I felt so happy, overjoyed almost. I was so happy about our growing family, the love, the respect and the interaction between Maddie and Ryker that a tear fell down my face.

I quickly wiped it away and sniffled a bit, causing Colby to look me in the eye.

"Tears of happiness" I said quietly.

"I wan hold him" Maddie said and she turned her head to me.

"Okay here sit right here" I said and patted the spot next to me. She scooted off my lap and leaned against the back of the couch as she held her arms out.

"Be gentle, daddy's gonna hold his head so he stays safe" I told her.

Colby let Ry sit in Maddie's arms as he kept a hand under Ryker's head for support.

"Oh my god she's so cute with him" Kat said and I looked up at her and smiled.

Elton approached us and I stood up to hug him.

He wrapped his arms around my torso and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you guys" he whispered to me and I was sure I felt a tear hit my shoulder.

When we pulled away, he was crying of course.

"Oh no uncle Elton is crying again" I said and laughed.

"Such a proud uncle" Tara commented and we smiled while giggling.

"No Elty!" Maddie squealed and ran to us as she jumped in his arms.

He hugged her before letting her down and we all took a second to laugh.

"Well you guys. It's been an eventful last 2 days. We gotta deal with Mandi now so uh... might film it as a vlog" I said to the camera.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watched Colby kiss Ryker before shaking his head and smiling at me.

I motioned him to come over and he walked with Ryker against his chest.

"Thank you guys for watching and welcoming our Ry boy. See you next time" he said and Sam turned off the camera.

We spent the next couple hours hanging out with everybody until they had to go home so as of now it was me, Colby, Ryker, Maddie, Sam, Kat, Elton, Matt, and Colby's family.

"Hey can you guys watch the kids for a few minutes? we're gonna go see the dogs" Colby asked Pat and she grabbed Ryker from his arms as Gage held Maddie.

"Thanks" I said to them and all the rest of us walked into the garage to be met by Mandi, Finn, Gypsy, Boomer, and Codi.

We all took a seat of the floor but still being cautious of Mandi.

I was petting Gypsy when Mandi flopped down beside me and just looked me with pitiful eyes.

"Aw momma" I said and gave in.