Chapter 71

Colby's POV

When the girls left, I rocked Maddie to sleep in my arms.

Whenever I do this, I usually talk to her as if we were having a conversation, which is exactly what I'm doing now.

"You know Mads, your momma really does love you" I said to her in a soft voice.

"She loves you so, so much. And I know you love her too, hell I love her still" I said and she kept looking at me with those bright blue eyes that reminded me of myself.

"Your beautiful baby" I said and booped her nose which caused her to smile. She kicked her feet and giggled.

"Your the best thing that's ever happened to me you know that? You saved me Madison Avery" I told her.

I stood to turn the noise machine on and decided to stay standing up.

Ever since Maddie was a newborn, she always fell asleep best when I held her like this and rocked her.

Since she was still little, I could do it to help her.

She curled her arms up and held them near her face as I swayed her back and forth slowly, rocking her off to sleep.

When she finally was, I laid her in the crib gently and kept the door cracked open so I could hear her if needed.

I walked downstairs to where the guys were.

"You get her down?" Sam asked and I nodded.

"Hey uh, Ginger texted me and said she was disappointed in me for not telling her that we are calling off me getting partial of Maddie" Elton said and I sighed.

"Yeah I'm sorry man, Y/n is back and is staying so we decided that she and I need shared custody of her" I told him and he nodded.

"No I understand completely, I guess it's just a little scary to think about the chances that Y/n leaves again" he said.

"Agreed but, we know that because she willingly talked about getting shared then the chances are low. It's not like she can take her away from Colby" Jake spoke.

"I don't think I've ever heard you say more scientific, specific words than now" Corey laughed and we all laughed along too.

"Just, have fun but be careful" Elton said as he placed a hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

His phone started to ring and he looked at it before answering.

"Hello" he said and his brows scrunched on his head. "What do you mean she's on the way to the hospital? What happened?" He asked and looked up at me.

Then I knew who they were talking about, Y/n.

I grabbed the closest person to me, which was Sam.