Chapter 75

Colby's POV

I decided to cook a simple breakfast for everybody to start the day.

Surprisingly, I was awake before the rest of them.

I slid out of bed and walked out quietly before shutting the door and walking into the nursery to find Maddie wide awake.

"Goodmorning baby girl" I said and she smiled at me.

I picked her up, kissed her forehead and rested her on my hip as I went downstairs.

After turning on a light, I sat her in her high chair and began opening windows to let the cool breeze in.

I grabbed a camera to vlog and started recording. "Hey guys it's Colby Brock, welcome back to my channel. Today, it's a vlog you guys are seeing and we're starting the day off with breakfast. Y/n is asleep still, my parents are asleep in one guest bedroom, my brother asleep in the other and Sam and Katrina are still asleep in their own. I have Maddie with me and I'm gonna show you guys a time lapse of me cooking" I said and swapped the mode of the camera to do an automatic lapse.

I turned on our Alexa and played soft music loud enough for me to jam to but not to wake anyone up.

For breakfast, I would make waffles, bacon and have a side of fruit along with a smoothie.

When I got out the strawberries, blueberries and mango, I chopped them in half and gave some to Maddie who could now eat more solid foods.

She smiled as she ate and kicked her feet which I laughed at.

I decided to get started on the waffle batter and then put it into the waffle maker to be cooked.

As they were cooking, I got bacon into the air fryer (since we all like it better in the air fryer) and then got ingredients out for smoothies.

I got the fruit, coconut milk, ice, and a little bit of spinach to keep it not so tart.

The blender was a bit loud and I'm guessing I woke somebody because I heard footsteps and then a door close.

"Damnit" I said to the camera and Maddie pointed at me, "da" she said and my face lifted with joy.

"Was that her first word?" I asked into the open and she laughed. "Can you say dada Maddie?" I asked and she looked like cogs were turning in her head.

"Da" she said and I held up two fingers, "say da two times, dada" I said and she smiled.

"Dada" she said and I did a silent dance and pumped my first in the air before kissing her head and smiling widely at the camera.

"She just called me dada, holy shit" I breathed out and laughed.

"I always thought her first word would be dada... guess I was right" a familiar voice said and I looked to the stairs to see Y/n in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

"Did you see all of that?" I asked and she smiled with a nod.

I ran to her and hugged her and kissed her temple before we both walked back over into the camera view.

"Maddie can you say dada again?" Y/n asked and she pointed.

"Yes that's your dada, can you say it?" She asked again and Maddie said it clearly.

"Dada" she said and I spoke, "say ma...ma" I said in a taunting voice.

"Ma... da" she said and we both laughed. "Ah well close enough, say mama" I said and she said it right. "Mama" she said and Y/n kissed her.

"Good job baby, who am I?" She asked her, "mama" Maddie said. "And who is that?" Y/n asked as she pointed to me, "dada" Maddie said and we celebrated for a moment before I had to finish cooking.