Chapter 66

Colby's POV

I woke up pretty early today, got Maddie up and fed her before feeding myself.

"Hey, you wanna watch her for me while I go work out?" I asked Kat who was holding Maddie as I ate.

"Yeah, Y/n is coming in later today so be prepared but yeah I'll watch my Maddie girl" she told me and I smiled as I watched her make Maddie smile.

I finished my breakfast off and took a scoop of pre workout to my stomach and headed out the door.

When I got into my car, I took a breath to calm myself.

Be prepared for her not wanting to talk to you Colby. She has a life now, don't take it away from her.

I jumped towards the front and started the car, pulling out of the driveway and heading to the local gym.

"Hey man" I greeted to my gym buddy, Carlisle. "Yo, how's it going?" He asked me as we walked in together.

"Uh, good I guess" I said more as questioning myself. "Is it about your baby momma, aint she coming around sometime soon?" He asked and I nodded.

"Today" I managed to get out and he raised his brows at me. "Nervous huh? Eh your gonna be just fine, this'll make you feel better" he told me, tapping a bench press bar.

"I'm gonna go treadmill, have fun bro" he said walking off.

I grabbed the weights and put 50 on each. Sighing as I sat down, I put my airpods in and leaned back against the bench.

As I grabbed the bar and pulled it off of the safety bars I felt the need to do as many reps as I could.

"4...7...13...19" I counted between the amount of reps, making it up to 38. "Damn kid, didn't know you had it in you" Carlisle said as he stood straight from leaning on the machine next to me.

"You said have fun" I said and he out his hands up in defense. "Ay, no hate. Legs together?" He suggested and I nodded as I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my shirt.

Legs were always easy for me, I was a good runner and used quick moves after all those times in tramp parks with the guys.

"4 sets each rep... 20 reps is goal" Carlisle told me and I nodded as I let the bar go to put weight on my legs.

"12...19...26...41...73...80" I said counting the sets.

I groaned out in pain as I set the bar back on rest. Pulling my legs to my chest to stretch, Carlisle did the same.

The last thing we did was push up rollers, goal was set at 20 rolls.

"Easy" I breathed out as I panted. Carlisle did the same and we laughed, "alright, I'm heading on back to freshen up before she comes" I said standing up and reaching to grab my phone and keys.

"Catcha later man, good luck!" He called out to me and I threw a thumbs up his way.

I sighed as I say back into my car and started it.

"This is it Colby, you can't bail, you don't have time to bail, this is Y/n" I told myself as I drove.

When I got to the house, there was an unfamiliar car in the driveway.

I parked and walked inside, no one in sight.

"Yo! Sam! Elton!" I called out and walked to the kitchen where I seen Alex.

"Hey baby sis, uh who's car is out there?" I asked and she smiled at me.

"Y/n's rental" she said and my heart dropped. I ran upstairs and locked my door as I threw my clothes off and showered.