Chapter 54

Colby's POV

I hurried downstairs to see Sam looking stressed and Kat holding a suitcase.

"Fuck, I'm coming" I said before running back upstairs.

Our flight was at 4 and so I guess its just barely before, I lost track of time.

"Babe, It's Sam. Our flight" I said, as I walk in our room, dreading leaving the two.

"Oh, okay. Here, say goodbye to your baby" she giggled and I smiled as I took Maddie back into my arms.

Y/n took the light bags downstairs as I said goodbye to my newborn daughter that I won't see for a month.

"I know you don't really understand a whole lot yet but daddy will be gone for a short time. Mommy and all of your aunt and uncles will take care of you while Uncle Sammy and I go work. When you get older, maybe we can bring you with us, it'll be fun" I said to the small baby.

She looked at me with her bright eyes and I kissed her nose which caused her to give a slight smile.

"Okay cutie, let me go say bye bye to your beautiful momma" I said and turned around to be faced with Y/n, leaning against the door facing and listening.

"Beautiful momma huh? Well then, let's go downstairs so Sam can say bye to her too" she told me with a laugh and I followed her, grabbing my suitcase with one hand.

I had to pick it up so I had Sam come grab Maddie from my arms.

After setting it down, I looked to Y/n who had her arms outstretched for a hug.

"I'll be back in just a month baby" I said to her in whisper. She held me tightly and I smiled, taking in her embrace. I've never been away from her for longer than 2 days.

"Make sure to send videos of any new milestones that she hits in the next month" I said and she nodded when we pulled away.

I kissed her passionately, making it last for a little bit but pulling away when I remembered that Sam and Kat were right there with us.

"Alrighty ladies, we will be back as soon as the month is over" Sam said as he handed Maddie back over to Y/n.

I kissed both of their heads and hugged Kat for a moment before loading up the luggage and driving away.

1 week later

Y/n's POV

I was eating lunch with Tara, Kat, Ginger, Devyn, Alex and Cassie, along with bringing Maddie.

"So, Maddie started doing the cute little baby scrunch and it's the most adorable thing right now" I said as I took another bite of my salad from tender greens.

I handed Maddie over to Alex when my phone went off, it was Sam. That's weird.

I unlocked my phone and made a puzzled face at the mysterious text.

S: Y/n...

"What's up?" Devyn asked and I looked up at her. "It's Sam, don't know what's up yet" I said to her before looking back down.

Y/n: What's going on?

S: It's Colby.

Y/n: Is he okay? What happened?

S: So uh... I don't know how to tell you this because he's begging me not to but... I have to.

Y/n: Sam just get to it!