Chapter 57

3 months later

Elton's POV

Its been a few months since Y/n left and she just texted me.

Y/n: Hey, how's everyone holding up?

E: Everyone still misses you but they're okay.

Y/n: Colby?

E: To be honest... he's not doing well. He's been in his room a lot and any time we see him you can tell he's been crying.

Y/n: So who's been taking care of Maddie?

E: We all have, we're happy too. I know that she's his daughter and he needs to do it but he honestly needs a break and we're here for him.

E: How's NC?

Y/n: Different.

E: Different? How so?

Y/n: I had to start a new job, Chanel wouldn't transfer me this far. My apartment is alright all thought my landlord is shitfaced most of the time. I met a girl at work, we started hanging out.

E: I'm sorry to hear that. Hey! At least you met someone so far...

Y/n: Yeah, um can you just make sure that Colby will eat regularly and make sure Maddie is good?

E: You really do care about him huh? Maddie is taken care of👍

Y/n: Even after all the shit we went through... I love him and I don't know that I'll ever stop. But thank you, boss is calling me.

E: Catcha later🙌

Y/n: 👍👍

After I shut my phone off and laid it on the counter I heard a small pair of feet running.

"Elton! Elton hurry!" A voice yelled, it sounded like Tara.

It would make sense that it was because she, Colby, Maddie and I are the only ones here.

"What? What!" I asked frantically as I bolted up the stairs.

"In here!" She yelled from Colby's bathroom. When I walked in, I gasped and immediately got by his side.

"Tara call 911!" I yelled and she pulled her phone out, dialing the number.

I checked his pulse, it was weak and I looked around for any idea as to what happened.

There were a bottle of pills, only a few left which lead me to think he popped them.

When she got off the phone Maddie was crying so I sent Tara in there. "Colby I don't know if you can hear me but you gotta pull through, stay with me right here. We have someone coming" I said.

At this point, he was in my lap and I couldn't call so I just had to wait.

Only a few minutes later, there were sirens, and then 5 police and an ambulance that came in and took Colby.

2 of the officers stayed behind and Tara walked in with a tired Maddie who was looking around at the officers.

"Whose child is this?" One asked and I placed my hands on my hips. "It's his" I sighed out and he slightly widened his eyes.

"Sir do you have any clue as to why your friend overdosed on his medication?" He asked and I gave a look to Tara before answering.

"He and his girlfriend just had their baby about 4 months ago and while he and another one of our friends were on a trip, he cheated and word got out" I started.