Chapter 79

Colby's POV

It had been a few hours and Y/n was napping incase Ryker came tonight and we would be up late.

She begged me to sleep on the couch bed but I just couldn't.

My mom and Kat went out to get food for us three but sadly, Y/n couldn't eat.

We've been here for 5 hours so far and it's around 6:30 PM now.

A soft knock was on the door and a nurse entered the room.

"Hey, how's momma holding up?" She asked as she seen the sleeping Y/n.

"She's okay, no pain but she went to sleep like 3 hours ago incase we had the baby tonight" I told her.

"Okay, you think we could wake her up a bit? I need to check her dilation" she said.

"Yeah" I said and walked over to Y/n.
I shook her shoulder slightly and her eyes fluttered open, "hey, nurse needs to check you" I said and she stretched and sat up.

The nurse did her thing and she gave us a big smile.

"Well, I have good and bad news" she said and we raised our brows.

"Bad news is, we will have to break your water but the good news is your at a 9 1/2" she said.

I felt joy over wash me. Here we come baby Ry.

"So we can go ahead and do that now so the process is sped up. Basically its a medical balloon that we insert in your cervix and we slowly pump it so your amniotic sac will bust" she told Y/n.

"I'm ready" she said confidently and looked at me, I smiled at her and gave her a nod.

The door opened and in walked Kat and my mom with food.

"Oh hello" I said.

"Hey, any updates?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, they are going to break my water and I'm 9 1/2 centimeters dilated" Y/n told them and Kat jumped up and down.

"I can't wait to be an auntie to two babies now!" She squealed and we laughed.

"So I'll go get that down here and hopefully you'll be in the delivery room in less than an hour" the nurse said with a smile before walking out.

Kat grabbed the camera and started filming us.

"Update, they are about to break Y/n's water and she is dilated to a 9 1/2" I explained.

"Kat and Pat just got here with food and sadly, I can't eat" Y/n said with her lip puckered.

"I don't think Colby has time to eat" my mom said and I nodded.

"I don't want to eat yet now, I don't want Y/n to watch us eat and make her feel bad" I said and sat down.

"I willingly want you to though. Don't pass out when he gets here" she told me and I laughed.

"Okay so I guess I am eating" I said.

Inside, I was super hungry but because she can't eat anything, I didn't want to make her jealous.

But, she told me to so I will.

"We will pick back up on this after she gets her water broke" I said and Kat cut the camera off.

"How are y'all feeling?" She asked us.

"Excited, nervous, everything" I said quickly.

"Like my epidural has worn off so if I go unmedicated, dear god please save my soul and don't get scared if I scream" Y/n said and we all laughed.