Chapter 45

"I-is something wrong? Why do we need to rush?" I asked worried. "No no, nothing bad is happening. We just need to go so you can have your baby, it's time" the nurse responded as we got     Y/n into a wheelchair.

I sighed in relief but still nervous. "Matt, come up with us. You can sit out in the other room" I told him, still breathing hard.

"Okay, you alright man?" He asked me before we walked out of the room to catch up with Y/n who was being pushed by the nurse.

"Yeah, yeah no I'm okay, little nervous just it" I responded as we speed walked.

We didn't walk for long. Only to a different unit and to another room.

"Alright, if I could just have you chill out in here. I'm going to get the specialist and doctor to do your epidural before it's too late" the nurse said to us.

"Okay then, sounds good" Y/n told her as she sat down on the bed.

"Colby, check your phone" Matt said to me as he handed it to me. I grabbed it from him and looked at it, 3 messages from Sam and 2 calls.

S: Yo, I got home and seen the note. No one else is with me but call me.

S: If y'all are having the baby then I won't tell anyone.

S: It might be stressful, can I come down before anyone gets home?

"Babe, can I call Sam to get him down here? He might help a little more" I asked and she nodded. "No offense Matt" I added, looking at him.

He laughed and shrugged at me, "no your good, I get it" he said and I nodded at him.

I walked out of the room and to the little waiting area to call Sam. As I walked, I felt a knot in my throat and chest, I knew it was a panic attack.

I sat down for a minute before calling him, trying to catch my breath and stop from shaking.

I had the camera with me so I picked it up and filmed an update.

"Alright you guys, we are in the labor and delivery unit. Y/n just got her epidural but I am about to call Sam because he is gonna know before the others as well" I said and then called him.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked and I looked down. "Y/n is having the baby in a while but it's all so scary and I just had a panic attack" I told him.

"Okay, I'm coming down and will text Kat and have her let me know when they get home" he said to me and I hung up.

"Colby, they need you in there" a voice said from behind me, I turned and saw Matt.

"Okay, I'm coming" I said and waved to the camera before turning it off and walking up with him.

When we got in, there was our nurse and two other guys. "Mr. Brock, I'm doctor Shawn. We are going to get started on the epidural" one man said and I nodded my head.

They had Y/n sit on the side of the bed with her legs crossed, a pillow in her lap and she leaned over, giving them access to her lower back.

"Alrighty, your gonna feel a little pinch and then your entire lower half should numb up" Shawn said.

Y/n slightly nodded her head and I stood in front of her.

"If you could distract her a bit, won't hurt as bad" he said to me and I nodded at him.

She leaned against my stomach and held my hand. "Sam is on his way honey, I know we weren't going to tell them but I needed to" I told her and she smiled at me.

"I know, it's okay. You need your best friend and that is perfectly fine" she said and I squeezed her hand slightly.

"Okay, hopefully you didn't feel that but now you will be numb. You may feel like your shaky and cold but that's just some side effects" the nurse said and Y/n shook her head.