Chapter 30

He left and Elton and I exchanged looks before going out to his car. "Let me drive" Elton said and Colby tossed him the keys as he got in the passenger.

I hopped in the back and we pulled out, I'm not sure how fast we were going but it was pretty fast. We passed the street where her car was being towed. "Her car is totaled Sam" Colby said, you could hear him panicking in his tone.

"Hey look, everything will be okay, shes strong you know that" I said trying to calm him down. "No I know she's strong and I know she is gonna be okay but the baby..." he trailed off, fear running through him.

"Colby, there is a possibility but we don't need to think the worst okay? Everything is gonna be just fine" Elton said and I held my hand on his shoulder.

I had a pretty tight grip on his shoulder cause my fingers were now turning white. We were only a few minutes away when a cop car caught our attention with his sirens.

We had no time to waste but we were being pulled over. "Do you know why I pulled you boys?" He asked holding his belt.

"We were speeding, I'm sorry sir but my friends girlfriend was in a bad car wreck, and she's pregnant and we need to get to her ASAP" Elton said to the cop.

He nodded and his expression changed, "wheres the boyfriend, I can get you there without you guys getting in trouble" he said and Colby jumped out of the car.

"You guys go on ahead, don't speed, I'll get him there don't you worry" he said with a nod and walking to his car where Colby was standing impatiently.

"Sam get up here" Elton said as the cop car ran its sirens and sped in front of us. I got out and sat where Colby was originally sitting, we pulled off and did the speed limit the rest of the way.

"He's got to be freaking the fuck out, call Corey" Elton said and I did as he said. I grabbed my phone and called Corey, waiting for it to ring.

"Hey, any news?" Corey asked as I put him on speaker. "Yeah we got pulled over but the cop is taking Colby to the hospital so we don't get in any trouble" I said.

"Oh shit, you want us to come up there?" He asked, I didn't want to overwhelm Colby because he called for only Elton and I to get in his car with no one else.

I looked to Elton and he shook his head. "Nah, it's late and I don't want to overcrowd them" I said and Elton nodded.

"Yeah, we will call or text updates to the group chat, we are pulling up now anyways" Elton said as he turned into the parking lot.

"Alright, catch me up later" he said before hanging up. We got out of the car and walked in, Colby wasn't in the waiting room.

"You think he already went back and seen her?" I asked Elton and he shrugged. "Yeah I guess, let's ask the desk lady" he said walking towards the front.

"Y/n Y/l/n?" Elton asked, leaning against the counter. She typed onto her computer and looked back up at us. "Its family only, immediate family" she said.

"Im her dad and this is her brother" Elton said pointing to us, she squinted her eyes at Elton. "I was a teen father, 15" he said and she nodded to us.

"Room 242" she sighed as we went back. "Teen dad eh?" I said with a laugh and she smiled, "I got her to let us back..." he said putting his hand out.

We walked back to the room and knocked on her door. "Come in" a female voice said, I glanced at Elton with wide eyes. Is she awake? I thought to myself.

I opened the door and there she was, awake and smiling, Colby by her side. "Well hello there boys" she said reaching out for us to hug her.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I asked, "I feel normal, a couples bruises and scratches, but that's about it" she replied.