Chapter 62

Back at the house

3rd person POV

"That is my fucking sister Elton! You can't keep things from me when your not even her blood!" Ginger yelled at Elton who was holding his eyes closed as he stood in the door way.

"Look i'm sorry okay? She told me and Sam not to tell anyone, if I could've then I would've told you but I had to listen to her" he said, guilt filling his throat.

"Y'know, maybe it wasn't entirely your fault but that's my little sister and I'm concerned" she growled at him.

A knock was on the door and Ginger went to the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

Elton turned around and opened the door to Corey standing in front of him.

"I'm not mad" he said and Elton sighed. "I just- I wish we knew things because now were all out here listening to you and Ginger argue as well as Sam and Kat" Corey said.

"But Ginger is your life man, you gotta talk to her as adults. No arguing, just a calm tone the best you can" He added.

"Your right, I'll fix this just... give me time" Elton said and Corey threw a hand up and walked away.

Elton shut the door and slumped down on the bed. Circa flopped down next to him.

"Hey girl, I wish your big brother was here" he said to the fluffy white dog.

She laid her head on his stomach and he chuckled. "I know, you miss Sparta too. You guys always cheered me up y'know? Thank you Circ" he said in a low tone.

Meanwhile, Sam and Kat were still arguing.

"No, It doesn't matter what she said not to say and all. You told me you had no clue. You said no one knew. You never told me where one of my best friends moved to during a hard time in her life" Kat told him, trying not to raise her voice as Sam held Maddie.

"Yeah, all my fault. It always is" he told her and she threw her hands up.

"You know what? Yeah it always is because that's all that ever happens. It always has to deal with you not telling me something Sam!" She yelled and he walked to the other side of the room.

"Katrina, lower your voice" he said to her. "Why should I?" She asked harshly and he walked out, not saying another word.

Alex's POV

We all awkwardly waited in the living room for the four who argued. It went silent for a moment and we heard footsteps.

Sam came walking down the stairs, Maddie in one arm leaning against his chest.

He sighed as he handed Maddie to me and sat down.

"Everything alright?" Devyn asked and he rubbed his face.

"Yeah I don't know, maybe. She started raising her voice and I walked out" he said and we all sat silent.

A few minutes went by until we heard a door open and the click of paws hitting the tile floor followed by footsteps echo through the house.

Elton reached for Maddie and I handed her over and he walked out the back door.

Elton's POV

As I sat down in one of the lawn chairs, facing Maddie toward me as she sat in my lap.

"Hey kiddo, we never intended to have you in a broken home. I'm so sorry" I said quietly and felt a tear forming in my eye.

"But I promise- I, me, I... I promise to make sure you have everything you need in the future and that your taken care of. Whether that be by me, your dad or mom, you'll always have one of us" I said and she grabbed my beard.