Chapter 48

Y/n's POV

I woke up to see Colby still asleep, I smiled as I rubbed my eyes and got up. I need a shower I thought to myself so I got out an outfit.

I took out a black sweat set from XPLR that I snatched from Colby's side if the closet.

I slowly hobbled to the bathroom where I undressed from the gown I had on and stood underneath warm water

After I cleaned myself, I sat on the chair that was built-in and thought about everything. My baby was born, Colby and I are at a great place, our family is super supportive. We should fly out to Kansas with Sam and Kat when Maddie comes home. I should talk to them about it.

I was pushed away from my thoughts when a knock on the door approached. "Yes?" I called out and I heard a female voice.

"Y/n? It's your nurse, we have some news when you get out" she said and I turned the water off.

"Okay just a minute" I replied as I hopped out and dried off. I blow dried my hair and put it up in a low bun, got dressed and was brushing my teeth when Colby walked in.

"Hey babe, you shower?" He asked and I smiled with a nod. "I felt grimy, needed one. You come to brush your teeth?" I asked him and he grabbed his toothbrush and held it up, sending an answer.

"Is that mine?" He asked, putting the brush in his mouth. "Yeah, I wanted something comfy and decided to bring it" I told him before I put mine in my mouth after.

We brushed our teeth and then he splashed his face with cold water before running his hand through his hair and kissing my forehead.

"We have news waiting for us, probably about Maddie" I said to him as I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone. 9:12AM it read.

"Yeah, let's go see" he said, clapping his hands together and wrapping an arm around me as we walked out and upstairs to the nicu.

I signed my name to the list and we walked in. "Brock, so you guys know we did some training yesterday" the nurse said as she looked up to us and took a pause.

"We kept an eye on her yesterday, put nurses on standby overnight and she went all night without oxygen which is a very big improvement" she told us and my heart became happy.

I think I started crying because Colby was wiping something wet off my face as we pulled away from a hug we were conjoined in.

"With that being said, we'd like to watch over just incase but times are changing and she may only need to be here for 2-3 more days" she said and it struck me.

We are going to have our baby home this week. She is a mighty one and a hell of a good fighter, I know we will go home soon. I just know it.

I said in my head, "that's amazing! I knew she was a tough one" Colby said as we were lead to our baby who didn't have oxygen attached to her, only monitors.