Chapter 36

Last chapter was the day before Thanksgiving and now we are on Christmas eve, so kinda a months change.

Y/n's POV

It was Christmas Eve and the roommates and I were all sitting in the living room. Colby's parents and brother were back in town, as well as Corey's family, and Sam's family.

The rest of us, didn't have the best relationship with our families or they were unable to come to LA.

"So Y/n and Ginger, I've never really known and Colby hasn't said a word to us but... your family?" Robert questioned and I looked at my hands in my lap.

I looked back up to meet Ginger's gaze and she nodded with a small intelligent smile that told me I could answer.

"Well, I've never talked about it to anyone... neither has she. Our parents weren't the best and they abandoned us a lot. They had 4 kids, Zach being the oldest. Then Ginger, me and our little sister Amara who no one has seen or heard from" I said and it looked like Corey's mom wanted to ask a question.

I stopped and looked at her letting her know she could speak. "How old are they? And if you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened?" She asked.

"Mom!" Corey yelled embarrassed at his mother's questions. "Its okay, she can say" Ginger reassured him.

"Zach is 29, Ginger 27, I'm 23, and Amara is 17. But like I said, no one has seen or heard from her. Zach, Ginger and I, before Amara was born we were always abused. They would hit us and punish us for no reason. Would keep us from eating and locked us in our rooms. We were only 8, 6, and 3 when this started and it lasted for 8 years before anything was done" I said.

"The two years of Amara's life, she was mistreated but never abused. But us three, we needed something to be done.
Zach explained to us that this was wrong and they needed help so we ventures out, all old enough to understand. We escaped them and couldn't bring Amara with us so we snuck away and ran into town. There, we made our officer friend, Mike. Mike helped us a lot while we were being abused. We got him straight away and they brought out CPS but when we got there, they had left with Amara. Before I moved here, we had seen her once and she told us she was okay and that our parents were in prison, they were found 3 years later when she was 5. She was put into foster care and so I guess she still is until she turns 18. Zach is in the military and Ginger hadn't seen or heard from Amara at all since I've been gone with was around a year ago" I told them.

They were all amazed by the story but wanted to know more. "Zach and I got in a huge fight and we don't talk which is why Ginger and I didn't for a while either up until these last few months. Which is also why she ended up moving out here because they got in a fight as well" I finished and they all understood but kept limited conversations on it.

"Anywho, enough of the sad talk. How is the nursery going?" Gage asked and Colby and I smiled.

We walked them upstairs to show them.