Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

I woke up in the living room, everyone else was asleep.

But it was still dark out? Weird. I thought to myself. I looked at Colby, he wasn't in the spot we fell asleep in. I got up and looked for him but he was no where to be seen.

The TV was still on but it wasn't on the movie, what is going on? Instead, it was static, fuzzy static making a white noise type sound.

Everyone else wasn't bothered by it so why should I? I turned around and there was a shadow that ran across the kitchen into a bathroom.

I let out a scream and tears sprung to my eyes. Everyone woke up "What? what?" Sam asked tired. I looked to him and realized the static went off.

I was speechless, I tried to talk but words wouldn't come out, before I knew it I was shaking and fell to the floor.

"Woah!" Elton practically yelled before I hit the floor, he darted towards me and caught me. The tears finally filled my eyes and broke.

"Y/n what happened?" Sam asked as Elton was rocking me back and forth. "T-there... was a... man" I said in between sobs and they looked at me confused.

"A... s-shadow... man" I tried to get out in a whisper. Corey stood up fast and looked at me then everyone else.

"How could that, what? no that can't be right?" Corey said, he was scared. "Where was it Y/n" Elton asked but I couldn't answer.

"W-wheres Colby?" I asked stuttering, everyone looked around but we couldn't find him. "Sam, oh god... no no no no" Corey frantically spoke.

"What? What Corey?" We all said.
"Sam, come with me I don't wanna freak Y/n out" He replied.
"No tell me, we're all here and we need to know, say it Corey" I said in a calmer tone.

What did he want to hide from me? "O-uhm, basically when all this was happening when I was a kid, there was this thing that happened to my parents. My friends and family all experienced it" He explained.

"Well whoever sees it, if they're in the room with someone they love, like have something for... they go missing" He continued.

Everyone froze, "What do you mean missing? We have to find him" Jake said standing up. "But, the only way you can is... you have to contact the man and chase him down" Corey responded.

"Then we will find him, on behalf of all of us, we will go and talk to the shadow man and get Colby back" Elton said. Corey shook his head no, "Corey this is Colby were talking about. You have to go, you have to help us" Devyn said, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Babe, you know the things I dealt with as a kid, he's attached to me, I can't" Corey replied, tears in his eyes.

They continued talking but I zoned out and I felt someone pick me up, Elton and Sam were walking me to Colby's room.

"Y/n! Y/n!" Sam was calling my name to bring me back. "I- sorry, I just can't lose him. I shouldn't have turned around" I responded.

"Turned around? where was it?" Sam asked me, "The kitchen, he ran from the kitchen to that bathroom" I said tearing back up from thinking about it.

"Elton stay here, i'll tell the others" Sam said walking out and Elton nodded.

Elton's POV

It broke me to see Y/n shaking like she was. She was completely broken, I just pulled her into my arms and we sat on Colby's bed for a while.

It was 3:20AM and we've been up for at least 15 minutes talking about it. 3:00AM?

"Y/n it's gonna be okay, we're gonna find him and we will make sure Corey goes too. You don't have to worry, he will be safe" I said trying to comfort her.