Chapter 1

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. (It's fan-fiction so I shouldn't be copyright striked) This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I am motivated to write
(This is my first story so it may be a bit weird. If I make any errors I will try and go back to fix them later).

—————
The summer was ending and (name) was about to enter her senior year of high school. She trudged down the stairs to see her alcoholic father sleeping in a pile of beer bottles and another note from her mom. The small piece of paper had two words etched into it 'going gambling.'
(Name) sighed and gazed emptily out the windows and at the never ending pine forest that was waiting in her backyard. She poked at the endless pile of bottles until a scraggly fat man emerged out. His eyes were pink and his hair was receding. He stared at (name) before hiccuping. "Rreina?" He slurred.
"Mother is not here, she is out gambling again, father," (name) looked disappointed.
"Oh-hic!- leave...," he snorted before passing out.
~~~
It had been almost an hour since (name) started exploring the woods. Despite living in a neighborhood, her house was detached and had half its yard in the woods.
The woods were disgusting though, the floor was covered in cans and plastic which had been thrown in by other people. The plants were dull and wilted and there were animal carcasses and skeletons littering the small trenches under tree roots and in pitfalls. People said it was because there were rabid wolves in the woods that human corpses were often found but as (name) got further from the rest of society they began to question whether there really were wolves or if something, or rather someone, else was behind the bodies.
Following the river, (name) stumbled upon a small clearing were she saw something on a rock in the distance. (Name) cautiously walked towards it before hearing a small, weak yelp behind the rock in front of her.
"Hello?" (Name) called out before jumping back. No response. She grabbed a stick off the ground, not caring if it had poison ivy on it or not, and slowly walked toward the rock.
As (name) orbited the rock, time seemed to slow down. The trees stopped swaying, the leaves silenced their crinkles, and the animal's chirps faded into nothingness. The rock was as normal as any other but on the other side was a small plastic box which had a dirtied tag on it.
(Name) picked up the box before deciding to retire home. Still shaking from the shock, (name) heard a faint argument from the same direction the yelp had come from earlier.
"Don't ... that again, ...," one voice growled at the other.
"Dont be so ... at ...," another voice soothed.
There was a pause. Had someone else been talking too quietly to hear? Had the conversation stopped? (Name) wasn't planning on sticking around to find out.
~~~
Secured in her dark bedroom and with the door locked to prevent her father from entering unannounced, (name) opened the box as her eyes bubbled with curiosity. The inside of the box was caked with blood and dirt and the small console inside had worn down buttons and was sealed in a layer of grime. The faded words under the screen were barely visible but read 'GameBoy Color.'
(Name) squealed with excitement. A GameBoy, an actual GameBoy! (Name) smiled as she thought to herself. She then proceeded to investigate the rest of the box. Empty. Maybe there was a cartridge in the console already? Turning it around, (name) saw that there was no game.
Sighing, (name) decided to start packing her binders and folders for school. She looked tired as she packed her black and red backpack and sat on her bed with a disappointed frown on her face.
"(Name)!! Get your little ass down here and get me a beer," (name)'s father yelled.
(Name) reluctantly got up and marched down the cracked stairs to fetch her father a beer. After opening the pantry to be greeted by empty shelves, she realized that the worst had occurred: mom spent all the shopping money on gambling again.
"Father?" (Name) asked from across the room.
"What!? It shouldn't be that hard to get me my drink!"
"But there are no drinks, let alone food," (name) muttered.
"What was that young woman?! If there is no food and no beer go be useful and use the money in the safe fetch some from the store."
"Sorry father, I'll go right now."
"And make it quick, or you won't get dinner tonight!"
(Name) felt tears drip down to her cheeks but rubbed them away as she tried to hide that she was showing weakness. She ran up the stairs and grabbed her phone before noticing the GameBoy where she left it on the floor. Afraid that if her parents saw it they would take her treasure, (name) grabbed the GameBoy and hid it behind her phone as she walked back downstairs, grabbed a few dollars, and left the house.
~~~
(Name) lived just under a mile from the high school and had to walk every day. A bus wouldn't be provided for students who lived that close to school. Not that it mattered anyway, her neighborhood was so small and secluded that even the mailman had difficulty finding it, let alone a school bus.
(Name) walked past her other three neighbor's houses before walking up a winded road until she reached a busy intersection. To her left was an old run-down gas station with a small store and on her right was a convenience and food store. Without thinking, she went into the gas station store and showed the man at the register a fake ID saying she was twenty before purchasing two cases of beer, a box of 12 instant ramen, and a single slice of pizza that had been sitting at a counter labeled 'Fresh n Hot Food' for at least an hour.
"Need help with that?" A hooded man with piercings all over asked.
"No thanks," (name) rushed out of the store and back down the winded road.
~~~
"Hey, (name)!" A man in his very early twenties called out. "Haven't seen you around here since last month, how are you?"
(Name) did not have time to chat with her mysterious neighbor. Never saying his name, he called himself "R" and always had on a red baseball cap. "Hey R, I have to get this stuff back home right now, maybe we can chat another time."
"Okay, but how did you buy beer you're only 17, right?"
"Yeah...," (name) looked away feeling guilty. "My father made me a fake ID so I could buy beer for him."
R looked at (name) and frowned. "Sorry to hear that."
(Name) smiled back emptily, not needing his pity.
R called out to (name) as she got further and further away, "Oh yeah, I'm planning on getting rid of some of my game collection soon. I know you don't have any game consoles but I'll give you first dibs on anything you want".
Name whipped her head around in shock. Anything?! "Do you have GameBoy games?"
"Some, I'll check which ones I have later tonight. What day does school start for you, I'll give it to you then?"
"Yeah! School is tomorrow."
"Cool! I'll see what I have, and don't worry about paying me I just want to share the joy of games with you."
"Thanks, R," (name) smiled before continuing back home.
~~~
R's Perspective
I wonder when she got a GameBoy, R thought to himself as he returned to his house. He then went to a rustic cabinet and began to file through bins of games inside.
After rifling through everything he found only three GameBoy games: Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Silver.
~~~
(Name)'s Perspective
As (name) approached their house, they noticed the beat up minivan parked in the driveway. Its doors were all different colors and the bumper was missing.
If the car is back, (name) thought, then mother is too. (Name) shuddered as she walked into the building.
—————
1309 words!