What If? (BONUS CHAPTER)

[important! Read me]

a/n: Hiya! This is a BONUS CHAPTER, meaning it does not affect the story as written up to this point but is just for fun. A 'what if' sort of thing. I strongly encourage you to re-read chapter 79-"shitty breakup letter" before reading this chapter in order to get the full experience of the timeline divergence (this chapter is following the events of chapter 78 and the very beginning of chapter 79)

So, what if Wanda confessed a little sooner about Vision, or what if Yelena went to Kate instead of y/n? This is a timeline where Natasha gets her chance with y/n.

----------------------------

*Natasha POV*

"Wanda?"

Natasha softly knocks on Wanda's bathroom door, waiting for a response. After getting up from the table, Wanda left toward her room without a word, but didn't lock Natasha out entirely. She simply slipped into her bathroom where she has been seeking solace for the last 15 minutes.

"Wanda, please come out of the bathroom. I know this is hard but they didn't mean it in the way you are taking it. Don't be upset." The bathroom door suddenly opens resulting in Natasha to topple forward as she was leaning on the door. Stumbling slightly, she catches herself and meets the gaze of a both equally angered and broken, Wanda.

"Don't tell me how I am supposed to feel, Natasha! It's easy to say 'they didn't mean it' or that things aren't as bad as I am interpreting it, when you and Yelena are both waking up in bed next to them. I am their girlfriend! And yet, I am the person they seem to remember the least. I am the person they seem to feel comfortable around the least. I am the person they now care about... the least. So maybe— maybe I'm not actually their girlfriend much anymore after all." Wanda's voice softens at her own admission, losing the anger in her tone with each passing sentence.

"That's not the full truth or the reality of the situation though, Wanda. They are hurt right now, they don't want to not remember... they just can't. But I know Bruce, he is going to fix it. He is going to help them get all of their memories back."

Wanda slightly shakes her head, finally walking out of the bathroom and goes to sit on a chair in the corner of her room. Natasha follows, sitting in the neighboring chair as she waits for Wanda to say something.

"Even if that's true, it doesn't take away the fact that in their time of vulnerability and when they need comfort they aren't coming to me. But I guess–"

[!!!TIMELINE DIVERGENCE!!!]

Natasha looks at Wanda in confusion, "You guess, what?"

Wanda lets out a breath, her eyes drop from looking at Natasha to her lap. Her body language lets Natasha know that what Wanda is about to say is only going to make the situation at hand even more complicated. Even more so, she knows that Wanda's admission is going to end up breaking y/n's heart.

"I guess – I haven't been going to them either. Vision, he..."

Natasha keeps her composure, not wanting to show Wanda how much anger is building up inside her with every word she utters. Knowing Wanda's confession holds more weight against her now fractured relationship with y/n than she may even realize, or want to admit.

"He just has been really supportive recently. He keeps checking in on me and talking with me. He has tried to help me move forward..." Wanda's eyes flicker down to her finger and then back up quickly. Natasha catches the action and glances down. The ring Y/n gave Wanda is no longer sitting on her finger.

Wanda stops her sentence, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. Letting her think it through, Natasha waits in the silence of the room, but the defeated laugh that leaves Wanda's mouth snaps Natasha's attention back to her.