Is This a Date? (Chapter 22)

*Y/N*

Wanda drops her hands from your face and takes a step back from you. You both whip your heads toward the door in confusion. Making your way to the door, you look through the opening and see one of the hotel staff standing with towels in their hands. You unlock the door and open it up to the smiling staff member.

"Good evening" the worker smiles at you. "Sorry for the disturbance, but our housekeeping staff just let us know they did not bring you new towels earlier." The worker hands you the towels before you can say anything.

"Oh thank you."

"Of course. Have a good rest of your evening." They beam a smile at you as they quickly turn away to walk down the hall toward the elevator. You close the door and make your way back into the room, holding the towels you give Wanda a shrug and place them in the bathroom.

"I guess we needed more towels." You look at Wanda and you both immediately start laughing at the situation which helps to ease the nerves that have quietly been building up.

You and Wanda decide to order up room service again, this time she chooses to surprise you with the food she selected. While she was sorting out dinner you went down to the lobby area to wrap up the case you were working. After uploading the pictures in an email and sending it to your client, you gave them a quick call to let them know everything you found out. They thank you and while on the phone they send over the remaining balance on their bill now that their case is closed. You shut your laptop and head back to the room where you find Wanda flipping through movies on the TV.

"Took you long enough. The food should actually be here soon." She chucks a pillow at you from across the room. You smile and grab the pillow and jump onto the bed, taking up the space she left for you.

"Don't worry Ms. Maximoff, you have my undivided attention for the rest of the night. Well, unless someone wants to interrupt us again?" Of course, before she can say anything there is a knock on your door. You both look at each other and start laughing. Wanda eventually gets up and rolls the food cart into your room.

"So what did you order for us?" You ask her excitedly.

Wanda smiles at your excitement and goes to uncover the plates of food sitting in front of you. She ordered you both 2 different kinds of pasta, a red sauce and white sauce, some garlic bread, and a dessert. You give her a smile before pointing at the one plate she didn't uncover yet. "What's that one?"

She beams a smile at you before revealing the mystery food. "I also got you some chicken strips since you're just a big little kid."

Don't play with me, I will fall in love with you over food.

You jump off the bed toward the food and grab the plate of chicken strips before making your way back to the table near the window. She laughs at you and pushes the cart toward the table, placing the pasta and bread in between the two of you.

"I figured we could share the pasta since I wasn't sure which you would prefer."

"Thank you, Wanda. This is great" You smile at her as you start eating the meal she chose for you two. Your time eating is filled with random conversation and lots of laughing. No awkward silence ever seems to creep between you two as you finish up your meals.

"So, since I finished gathering all the information I needed for the case already, we actually don't have to do anything PI related tomorrow. If you want, I thought we could stay one more day and night but just hangout. If you want.. We could also head home tomorrow. It's whatever you would like to do." Nervous about the response you will get, you awkwardly start gathering up the plates in front of you, avoiding Wanda's eyes as you wait for her to respond. You place everything on the cart so quickly Wanda wasn't able to respond before you start talking again.