It's Showtime (Chapter 29)

*Y/N*

Nat: Y/n, where are you?

Nat: It's been 5 days. You said you would be back by now.

After you left the party, in dramatic fashion might I add, you haven't been back to the tower in 5 days. Not for a lack of trying though, you went back the next day but couldn't get yourself to go up the elevator. The only person you have talked to since leaving is Nat. After you didn't come back the next day both Wanda and Yelena tried calling you but you ignored them. Both of them have sent you at least 5 texts every day since you've been gone but you haven't responded to any of their attempts to reach out.

Y/N: I'm sorry. I have tried coming back every day and I can't make it past the lobby. I can't bring myself to talk to either of them. I fucked everything up.

Nat: This is your home too. It's not fair to you that you can't come home because they were idiots.

Y/N: It's not my home.

Nat: Yes it is.

Nat: It's 11:00PM. Neither of them are awake right now. Everyone is in their rooms. Please come back tonight.

You sigh as you throw your head back on the couch. You have been staying at Alias trying to figure out what to do. You didn't have your keys or wallet since you didn't plan to jump off the balcony that night so you had to sort of break the door handle off to get inside. Luckily the building super is used to your office having.. Issues.. So he didn't even question how the doorknob ended up crushed on the floor.

Y/N: Well I am a little desperate for new underwear.... But I don't think I could handle it if either of them found out I was back tonight. Yelena fucking shares a wall with me and I swear she has some supersonic hearing or some shit. She would know the second I closed the door!

Nat: You can stay in my room tonight. I will go in your room and get you clothes so you don't have to go over there. They won't know you are even back since you'll be on the other side of the tower.

Y/N: You don't have to do that for me.

Nat: It's already done. Get your smelly ass back here. I'll stay up and wait for you.

You rub your hands over your eyes and face trying to mentally prepare for what happens next. The first step in this all getting sorted and you moving past it is to go back to the tower, and you know that. Using the small amount of motivation you have, you push yourself off the couch and slide out of the window near Jessica's desk. Since you didn't have keys you couldn't lock the door behind you, but the likelihood of someone scaling the building to get to the unlocked window was slim (but not impossible). You hold onto the ledge as you close the window tight and make your way down to the street, heading back to the tower.

You choose to walk for a while before taking the subway, doing your best to prolong the inevitable but also not wanting to walk all the way back to the tower. Once you find yourself in the lobby you send a message to Nat just to confirm nobody is around before you get in the elevator. Taking a deep inhale, you scan your fingerprint and head up to a hopefully quiet tower.

The elevator opens and you are immediately grabbed by Nat who drags you to the opposite wing of the tower away from Yelena and Wanda's rooms. Once you reach her room she quietly closes the door behind you two and gives you an apologetic look.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I'm not going to break. I'm fine."

"I know you're fine but – I'm sorry." There aren't any words she can say to help ease your nerves or the anxiety you feel simply being back here. She hands you your clothes she picked out and lets you take a shower and get ready for bed. After a quick shower you make your way back inside the bedroom and find her sitting on the bed waiting for you.