92 - Tired Rambles

Adriana

"Banned," Angelina said, her voice and face void of all emotion. "Banned. No Seeker and no Beaters... What on earth are we going to do?"

It stayed silent, not just between those sitting around the fire, but between everyone in the Gryffindor common room.

"It's just so unfair," Alicia eventually said. "I mean, what about Crabbe and that Bludger he hit after the whistle had been blown? Has she banned him?"

"No," Ginny replied from where she was sitting next to Harry on one of the couches. "He just got lines. I heard Montague laughing about it at dinner."

"And banning Fred when he didn't even do anything!" Alicia continued angrily.

"It's not my fault I didn't," Fred pointed out, tensing his jaw. "I would've pounded the little scumbag to a pulp if you three hadn't been holding me back."

Silence engulfed the common room again, and I moved slightly on George's lap, turning myself more sideways so I could rest my head on his shoulder. George squeezed me against him, and brought one of his hands up to start combing his fingers through my hair as I let my eyes droop shut.

"I'm going to bed," I heard Angelina say, followed by the sound of her getting up from the couch she was sitting on. "Maybe this will all turn out to have been a bad dream... Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and find we haven't played yet..."

I slowly opened my eyes to see Angelina ascending the stairs to the girls' dorms, Katie and Alicia soon following, before Fred and Lee got up from around the fireplace and headed up to their dorm as well. I let my eyes close again, resting on George for a few more minutes until he stopped running his fingers through my hair and gently patted my head.

"Time to wake up," George said quietly, forcing me to open my eyes and sit up as he sat up in the armchair.

"I was sleeping," I told him with a yawn.

"I know," he replied. "But, I think it'd be much better to sleep in a bed, instead of laying on me in an armchair."

"But I was comfortable," I complained, stretching, before I slumped against him.

"Yeah, well," he started, positioning one of his arms under my back and the other under my legs before he stood up with me and carried me bridal style, "I'm tired too. And I'd prefer to not spend the night in a chair." He stopped speaking as he walked through the common room and carefully started to climb the staircase to get to his dorm. "I did that once before. And, let me tell you, it was restless sleep. It didn't help that you were basically dead."

"Sorry," I whispered, leaning my head against his shoulder again while closing my eyes.

"It's alright," he whispered back. "It wasn't your fault. You didn't choose to almost drop dead. Besides, it's in the past now. You're still here, alive, so there's no point in getting caught up with what almost happened."

"Yeah," I nodded, opening my eyes to look up at George. "But I'm still puzzled by what happened that night." I paused for a moment to open the door to George's dorm, since he was carrying me, and rested back in his arms as he walked inside. "How did Harry watch me get hit with the Killing Curse, how can he now see thestrals, while I'm still alive?"

"You're the new Chosen One, it seems," Fred answered, directing my attention to him laying on his bed. "Seems like Harry's got some competition."

I chuckled, shaking my head at him while I got George to put me down. George then closed the dorm door behind us, before he quietly walked into the bathroom, thoroughly confusing me. Apparently, I wasn't the only one confused by his silence, as, when I looked over at Fred and Lee, they had the exact same puzzled expressions that I had.