38 - Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

Adriana

As I arrived at the entrance hall, I found a large crowd of students gathered around, making me unable to proceed to the Great Hall. I tried to look over everyone, but failed. Luckily for me, I saw a certain pair of very tall, redheaded twins who I knew could easily look over this crowd.

"Hey, giants," I said as I tapped on both their shoulders. They looked down at me at the same time and smiled at the nickname I gave them.

"Hello there, dwarf," George replied, grinning even wider.

"So- wait," I paused. "I'm not a dwarf. I'm not short."

"Everyone's short to us, Ada," George said.

"Well, I'm not short. I'm average height," I defended. "And, I'm not a dwarf. If anything, I'd be an elf. Not because I'm graceful or anything, just because I'd rather be an elf."

George and Fred blinked at me in confusion. "Oh." I always forget they don't get any of the muggle references I make. "It's another muggle thing. Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit."

"The fuck is a hobbit?" Fred asked.

"Who is being lord to some rings?" George questioned right after his brother. "You muggles make up some weird names."

"I'm not even going to try to explain." I shook my head. "Anyways, what's going on? I'm hungry and the way is blocked."

"There's a sign up there that everyone's crowding around," Fred said. "I can't read it from here."

"We can easily fix that problem." George grabbed onto my hand and started to push his way through the crowd. "Watch out! Two giants and their dwarf coming through!"

"Dwarf slash elf!" Fred yelled out with George. "Whatever the hell that is!"

I stayed silent and tried to ignore everyone looking at us as we made it to the front, pink tinting my face as we became the center of attention.

"Now we can see perfectly," George said, and proceeded to start reading the sign, my hand still held in his. "Triwizard Tournament: The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at six o'clock on Friday the Thirtieth of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast."

"Wicked," Fred said. "We've got a week to figure out how age ourselves, Georgie."

"We'll be able to do it." George led me out of the crowd with his brother, and the three of us walked into the Great Hall together. "We've got Adriana who can help us as well."

"Who said I would willingly help you two age yourselves so you can enter into the competition?" I playfully asked. "I don't want to have to compete with you two to get picked."

"You're entering?!" Fred questioned, shocked. I guess George hadn't told him.

"Of course," I smiled at him. "Cedric and I are both entering, so we'll see if either of us gets picked." I then slipped my hand out of George's and walked away, joining my friends at the Hufflepuff table.

I had been excitedly waiting all day for classes to end. Today was the day students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would arrive, and I would hopefully be able to enter myself into the competition soon.

As soon as the bell dismissing our last class of the day rang, I hurried back to my dorm with Katherine and Naomi, dropping off our stuff and grabbing our cloaks before meeting back up with Cedric to walk downstairs.