32 - Pain

Adriana

The only sensation I could feel at that moment was pain. My head was throbbing. My arm was tingling. My side felt like it had just been stabbed.

I peeled my eyes open to see the dark, starry sky. I then slowly sat up, my head disagreeing with me the whole time, and realized I was on the ground. I looked at my surroundings to find no people, but the remains of smoking tents all around.

I moved my attention to myself, and specifically, to where I was feeling the most pain. I looked down at my right side to see a large tear in my sweater, with red staining the material. I gently lifted the sweater to reveal a deep gash in my side, which was still actively bleeding. I cursed under my breath as I dropped the sweater and went to inspect other wounds I might have.

I soon found a tear in my left sleeve, which revealed another cut, smaller and seemingly done bleeding. There were tears in my jeans, from what I wasn't sure, but I presumed I fell and ripped them, as my knees were beat up.

I could not find any more major injuries after further inspection, only small scratches and bruises here and there. Although, I couldn't tell what had been done to my face. My head ached majorly, and for what reason I did not have the energy to figure out.

Once done diagnosing myself to the best of my abilities, I attempted to stand up, which did not go so well. Black dots crowded my vision, and I fell back down onto my butt. Once my vision was normal again, I made a second attempt at standing, which was much more successful than the last.

I was up, but I was not stable whatsoever. The pain everywhere in my body flared up, and it took everything in me to stay upright. Once I was stable enough, I prepared myself to start walking.

I grasped my side, and, slowly but surely, I started limping my way over towards the woods. On my way there, I tried to remember what all had happened. I started out with Mr. Weasley ordering us to head into the woods. I then moved onto holding George's hand for dear life and joining the crowd of people also headed into the forest. I then remembered that I had been pushed and pulled by the people around me, and consequently lost my grip on George. I remember watching as he got pulled closer to the trees, and I was pulled further. And from there on, everything was blurry. I couldn't piece together a solid memory to save my life.

Now that I was done trying to figure out what the hell got me onto the ground with many wounds, I realized that I had finally limped my way into the woods, and a little further, as I started to hear whispers pop up around me. The deeper I went, the more voices I heard, and I eventually found the source, as I stumbled upon families and friends grouped together, all consoling and comforting one another.

I desperately looked around, hoping to see any tall redheads, but to no avail. There was not a single red hair in sight. Disappointed, I continued limping through the woods, weaving in and out of groups of people.

I was basically ready to give up, and I had slumped against a tree to find any strength left in me, when suddenly, screams surrounded me. I was confused, until I saw a green glow on the ground. I looked up to find the source of it, a skull with a snake coming out its mouth floating high up in the sky. I supposed that was what was causing all this sudden fear.

I then slid down the tree and onto the ground, the last of my energy leaving me as I about passed out. About, I say, as I swore I heard my name being called. It was faint. I could barely hear over the screams, but I heard it. I immediately perked up, trying hard to tune out all the fear ridden voices and listen for my name.

"Adriana!"

There it was. Hearing that gave me the last bit of strength I needed to pull myself up and limp over to where my name was being shouted from.