54 - A Final Round of Practice

George

"Where are you headed off to now?" Fred asked before I could sneak out of the common room.

"Adriana asked me to join her in the prefects' bathroom for one final practice session," I replied, rolling my eyes at the teasing to come.

"Mmm, alright," Fred said, wiggling his eyebrows before he busted out in laughter with Lee. Angelina, Alicia, and Katie, who were sitting with Fred and Lee on the couches, all let out small chuckles of their own.

I once again rolled my eyes at my brother, flipping my friends off as I left the common room and headed to the prefects' bathroom. Adriana and I had been continually meeting up there over the past couple of weeks for her to practice and perfect the Bubble-Head Charm. She first tested it out on me, and perfected it that way, until she started trying it on herself. She then kept doing it, making sure she got it completely down without any flaws.

Tonight, the evening before the second task, Adriana asked me to accompany her one last time, wanting to calm her nerves for the impending task.

I quickly reached the prefects' bathroom, saying the password before entering. Adriana was already there, swimming some laps around the pool. She gave me a small, nervous smile before she continued swimming.

I smiled back before swiftly ridding myself of my clothes, leaving me in my swim bottoms. I then dove into the pool, resurfacing and swimming over to where Adriana was now standing in the shallow end.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"Like I'm going to die tomorrow," she answered, and I could hear the nervousness in her voice.

"You're not gonna die," I said, putting my hands on her shoulders and pulling her into a hug. She immediately wrapped her arms around my torso and squeezed herself against me. "You've been practicing this charm for weeks. You've got it perfected, love. Everything will be just fine."

"But what if I fuck it up tomorrow?"

"You won't," I told her, making her remove her head from my chest to look me in the eyes. "I know you won't. And, if you somehow do, I'll save you. I promise."

"Mhmm," she hummed, releasing me to swim over to the edge of the pool and grab her wand. She then immediately started practicing, first effortlessly casting the charm on herself before casting it on me.

We then spent the next two or so hours swimming around, testing the longevity of the charm, and also just having fun. We quickly got involved in a water fight, trying to splash each other as much as possible.

I dove under the water before she could splash water in my face again and grabbed onto her waist, throwing her onto my shoulder as I resurfaced.

"George!" Adriana squealed, kicking her legs while laughing. "This isn't isn't fair! This isn't how a splashing water fight works!"

"It is now!" I exclaimed, walking out of the pool to stand at the edge of the deep end.

"George," she said again, this time warningly. "Don't you dare-" Her sentence was cut off when I threw her in the pool, laughing as she re-emerged with a glare.

My laughing was cut short when she promptly pulled herself out of the pool and started chasing me. She was surprisingly fast as she chased me around and around, eventually catching up to me and pushing me into the pool. I quickly grabbed onto her as I fell, pulling her in with me.

We both popped out of the water at the same time, meeting each other's gazes before bursting out in laughter. Once we calmed down and caught our breaths, we looked back at each other, falling into another one of those silent moments where we always seem to get caught in a trance.