64 - Sirius Black

Adriana

"Dinner's ready!" Mrs. Weasley said as she suddenly opened the door, making Fred, Ron, George, and I all jump. She looked around at the four of us with a smile, her expression faltering slightly when her eyes landed on George and I locked in an embrace on the floor.

"Thank Merlin," Fred said, grabbing his wand off of the ground before quickly standing up. With a wave of his wand and a pop, he had disappeared.

Mrs. Weasley snapped her eyes to where Fred once was, shaking her head while sighing. "He turns seventeen and just has to use magic for everything," she muttered to herself before focusing back on George. "Let me guess. You're going to do the same exact thing your brother did, aren't you?"

"Of course," George answered with a smile, letting go of me to turn and grab his wand. He then stood up, holding his hand out to help me up. I accepted it, standing up as well before he wrapped his arm around my waist, pressing me against him. "You ready, love?"

"Yeah...?" I said, confused. "Ready for what-?"

My sentence was cut short, and my unfinished question was answered when I felt the familiar feeling of apparating. I disappeared from the bedroom and reappeared on the ground floor, now holding on tight to George as he kept his arm firmly wrapped around me. I stumbled slightly when we landed, huffing out a breath of air in exasperation.

"A little more warning would've been nice," I told George, letting go of him to cross my arms and jokingly glare at him.

"You said you were ready!" George exclaimed, removing his arm before tucking his wand into his jeans. "I wouldn't have apparated if you just said you weren't."

"I didn't know what I was supposed to be ready for!" I said back.

"Why didn't you ask what you needed to be ready for then?!"

"I was in the middle of doing that when you apparated!"

"You should've asked that before you said you were ready! Not after! I heard 'I'm ready', so I apparated! I figured you knew I was going to apparate us since my mum and I were on that topic since Fred just apparated!"

"Well-" I paused. "I wasn't really thinking! I didn't process the conversation topic! I really was just focused on you... and then you wrapped your arm around me... and pressed me against you... and then you were definitely all I could think about..."

"Ohh..." George trailed off with a growing smirk. "I see..." He took a step closer to me, his smile turning cocky as he rested his hands on my waist. He then dipped his head down, stopping so that his nose was just barely brushing mine. "And what about now? What's your focus on now?"

Just as he moved to lower his lips to mine, someone cleared their throat. George and I both turned our heads toward the staircase to see Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Mrs. Weasley all watching us.

I quickly pushed George away, my cheeks flushing in embarrassment as I awkwardly stood in place. My eyes darted all over the place, but I soon just kept my eyes trained on my shoes when I made brief eye contact with a shocked looking Mrs. Weasley.

"Well," Ginny started, breaking the silence, "watching you two yell at each other was fun, but things quickly got disgusting when you almost started snogging in the middle of the hallway. How long was it going to take for you guys to notice us?"

"It was gonna take however long I kissed my girlfriend for!" George exclaimed in annoyance, rolling his eyes at his sister. "You just have to ruin everything, don't you."

"I wouldn't have ruined anything if you were in a private room and not in the middle of the bloody hallway!" Ginny yelled back. "That we need to get through to get to the kitchen, might I add."