C228: Battle Of Veta - Second Phase (Part 2)

Chapter 228: Battle Of Veta - Second Phase (Part 2) 

John's perspective 

I'm now carrying my wife in my hands, on the way to the castle's backyard. Because we intend to evacuate since the situation in Veta is helpless, we cannot stay here anymore.

The backyard's entrance can be seen ahead, I just need to push forward a little bit more to head there. Despite the exit door being closed, behind me is quite a chaos because enemies are overrunning the place.

"Arrrrghhh! Ahhhh!".  "Slashes! Slashes! Slashes!".  "Ahhh! Ahhhh! Ahhhhh!!!". - A versus between a WCA woman soldier and an Attenta soldier could be seen occurring in front of me

Both of them are fighting, but the woman seems to be weaker when she cannot make further moves. Instead, she points her spear at the hostile, yelling loudly and making excessive moves to make her as dangerous.

Carrying Shera in my hands, I put her down on the floor and lean my hand on my pistol's holster... shit. I forgot that I lost my own M1911 pistol, Hatano even retook the pistol that I lent from her, shit!

"Bang!". - Instead, I drew out my M4A1 which is strapped on my shoulder. Later I used my rifle to shoot the man's chest, making him fall

After shooting, I pick up my wife, ran past that woman soldier and manage to reach the entrance. When we get there, WCA soldiers and gunners can be seen stationed around the place. Hmmm... at least some soldiers go out to escort me when I head here. I follow them till I get upstairs.

"We can take it from here, Sir!". - After escorting me to the wall side of the backyard, they asked me to give my wife to them for the evac

"I want to meet the Commander of this place, first!".  "Where is she?".

"Other there, Sir!". - One soldier pointed his finger in the direction of the left side

I look in that direction and see Hatano and Sarah standing in a watchtower. For the better view, I approach the watchtower and get up the staircase to watch my subordinates and others. Hmmm... the children who lost parents also arrive here as well, huh?

Hmmm... odder, the parents who died, also got here to be evacuated. Their bodies can be seen lying on the floor of the watchtower, waiting to be evacuated with their kids.

From what I can see from Sarah and the soldiers, they're arguing about something. Hmmm... I must observe more things before heading my wife to the evacuation.

Hmmmm... carriages and some horses can be seen strapped on the ropes, from hook ropes that are strapped to the wall. I got it now, we'll be evacuated by that odd way.

By using ropes to lift up the objects and drop them on the field outside of the backyard, waiting to be used. About people, they'll rappel down the field by using the hook ropes... I hope those ropes are tight enough to hold people without breaking.

"Everyone, please calm down! There's nothing t-".

"You're crazy, General!".  "There's no way to evacuate the dead! That's the most bullshit thing I have ever seen in my life!".  "We, the living ones, need to be evacuated! Not 'em!".  "Change it now!!!". - Alright, understood. Sarah was asking the soldiers to calm down, but they kept criticizing her for letting the dead be evacuated

"Get out! Get out! Get out!".  "VIPs on the way, get out!!!". - I didn't care but got in the crowd of soldiers, asking them to stay away to let VIPs pass. That's my wife and me

Hearing the order, those WCA soldiers stay away and give both of us a long route to pass them easily. Approaching my subordinates that easily, I feel good when I have power in my hands, can make 'em submit to me without conditions. Hmmm... these soldiers must be left behind, cannot let them join the evac.