C235: Slow Down (Part 1)

Chapter 235: Slow Down (Part 1)  

General John Rigen's perspective
(Real Rank: Sergeant)
Krieg 2 - 1 Fireteam unit
United States Marine Corps
7:29 AM, December 17th, 1173
Village Elder's House -Zaira - Jung Kingdom

After sending others to the Imperial Palace, I returned here to stay along with my wife and Reimi. Due to the emergency, we borrowed the village chief's house to be the place for Reimi's treatment.

And currently, everything seems to be alright here. I'm sitting on a chair. Next to my wife and the bed where Reimi's lying, I keep silent... waiting for my subordinates' intel.

"You need water?". - My wife approached Reimi closer. "I can take some to you, if you're thirsty". - She gently said with Reimi

"Nod...". - Reimi nodded slightly. "Thanks... my Highness". - Despite getting treated, she hasn't healed completely

From my view. Reimi's lying on the bed, her body full of bandages, due to her heavy wounds when she was captured during the battle.

Despite getting healed by magic thanks to Pvt. Scanra and other elven villagers, her mental pain is still there. Previously, Reimi's body was full of bruises, swollen, scars, dried blood and some fractures, especially her wrists... so terrible.

Though healing magic cured the fractures and healed her body completely... the pain is still there. Apparently, she looks normal and healthy, in her body looking.

But... now Reimi can't move well but only stays in the bed. She needs time, to let the mental pain go away, I hope she'll be fine. Reimi accidentally spots me staring at her, and she looks away for no reason... why did she do it?

"John...". - My wife later tapped my shoulder, so I glanced at her

"How's your hand?". - She asked me while grabbing my wounded forearm. "Is it hurt? Hmmm...". "Pokes... pokes...". - She poked the bandaged part, doing it gently and slowly to not make me feel hurt

"Shakes head". - I shook my head. "You look... tired?". - I glanced at my wife's eyes, noticing her tiredness

"No no... I'm fine". "Giggles". - My wife smiled, to make me not worry about her. "Ummm...". - She looked at the exit door. "I'll go out to grab some water for her". - Done talking, my wife looked at me. "We haven't eaten anything much... I hope... the villagers will be willing to share with us some food". - My wife looked outside once again. "Or maybe I'll do some work for 'em, to have money to buy some".

"No need". - I tapped my wife's shoulder. "This is just a village, nothing much to buy". "I'm gonna go to get her some water, let me do it myself".

"But you look tired, John".

"No, I'm fine". - I got off my chair, kept tapping my wife. "You stay in here... she needs you to regain her health".

"Hmmm...". - My wife was a bit unpleasant, but she didn't want to argue with me. "Okay... please go back soon". - She got closer to me. "Kiss!". - Both of us kissed, later I got off my wife's hands to head outside, doing my work

I later get to the door, grab the door's handle and am about to open it up. However, I see my wife approaching a wooden cup on the kitchen side of the wooden house.

She picks up the cup, and puts her palm on it. Shortly after that, the cup is full of filled water, it seems very sweet.

"You don't need to waste your magic to do this". - I turned behind to look at my wife

"Don't worry, John". - She returned to Reimi's bed. "All I want is to do things in my reach to help you".

"I'll be back". "Reimi, rest well, I won't be so late". - I said goodbye to Shera and Reimi, later got outside and closed the door